Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 02:15 AM

348 posts, read 217,460 times

Advertisements

I dwell, in the beauty of Holiness.

Without measure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 06:25 AM

I cannot be deceived.
I dwell in the Spirit of God.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:16 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Romans 5:19 tells us that His obedience (and His alone) makes me righteous.

Trusting in your own righteousness is condemned over & over and over & over and over and over and over and over and over and...

Old 06-12-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Romans 5:19 tells us that His obedience (and His alone) makes me righteous.

Trusting in your own righteousness is condemned over & over and over & over and over and over and over and over and over and...
His righteousness is the Commandments that His Father gave to Him to give to you.

If you do them, then His righteousness did make you righteous.

If you don't do them then His righteousness did not make you righteous.

You are still willfully committing sin.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 AM

You are just looking for any excuse to continue in your sins.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:22 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
The title and content of your posts seem to suggest two different things (?) - Are you saying that you believe you are saved by/through keeping God's commandments? --- Or are you saying that because you are saved through Jesus Christ, you dwell (live) by the Spirit of God and are obedient?

Perhaps this is simply the manner in which you have expressed yourself. In any case, the latter sounds like it represents truth; ... while the former would be false. The 'saved' are saved by God's grace through faith in Christ Jesus --- not by/through keeping commandments. An evidence that one is 'saved'/'born again' in God's Holy Spirit, is that they seek to obey the commands of Christ (impossible for those who are NOT saved/born again in God's Holy Spirit).

Old 06-12-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
The title and content of your posts seem to suggest two different things (?) - Are you saying that you believe you are saved by/through keeping God's commandments? --- Or are you saying that because you are saved through Jesus Christ, you dwell (live) by the Spirit of God and are obedient?

Perhaps this is simply the manner in which you have expressed yourself. In any case, the latter sounds like it represents truth; ... while the former would be false. The 'saved' are saved by God's grace through faith in Christ Jesus --- not by/through keeping commandments. An evidence that one is 'saved'/'born again' in God's Holy Spirit, is that they seek to obey the commands of Christ (impossible without the indwelling Holy Spirit).
You decide for yourself what I am saying. Your opinions or judgments do not bother me.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

Perhaps this is simply the manner in which you have expressed yourself. In any case, the latter sounds like it represents truth; ... while the former would be false. The 'saved' are saved by God's grace through faith in Christ Jesus --- not by/through keeping commandments. An evidence that one is 'saved'/'born again' in God's Holy Spirit, is that they seek to obey the commands of Christ (impossible for those who are NOT saved/born again in God's Holy Spirit).
Why do you believe that obeying the Lord(make that) of Lords, Jesus Christ,
will not save you from committing sin?

Old 06-12-2014, 10:36 AM

If Adam and Eve had obeyed the commandment it would have saved them from death.
And sin.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:42 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

when Jesus cried out in a loud voice " IT IS FINISHED" is exactly what he did ... he "fulfill them"

There is a reason why Jesus warned those focused on the law saying "Woe" ..... not "Whoa"
Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge.
You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering.”
Acts 13:39
Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses

Romans 3:28
For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity