Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:18 PM

48 posts, read 47,336 times

Advertisements

What is the main reason that you believe traditional Christianity is the true faith of God?

I suppose this question is mainly directed towards the fundamental/evangelical believers. (That could include members of any denomination who believe that way.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 09:39 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june01 View Post
What is the main reason that you believe traditional Christianity is the true faith of God?

I suppose this question is mainly directed towards the fundamental/evangelical believers. (That could include members of any denomination who believe that way.)
Because there are two distinct doctrines that define the Christian:

By Grace and the Triune God.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:12 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Because that's the way they have been programmed to believe from early childhood.

The Jesuits say:

Quote:
'Give me the child for his first seven years, and I'll own him for life.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:14 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june01 View Post

Because the faith, with reference to the body of truths of the Christian faith, was once for all handed down to the saints, entrusted to the saints by the writers of Scripture who taught and wrote under the superintendence of God the Holy Spirit.
Jude 1:3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints. 4] For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
The Bible is the inerrant Word of God and is truthful and accurate in all that it addresses. Furthermore, the Bible is to be understood literally which nevertheless recognizes that there is allegory and symbolic language in the Bible. But the golden rule of interpretation is this;
When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word, at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths, indicate clearly otherwise.
Read more: Biblical Research Studies Group-The Golden Rule of Interpretation
This means that you do not take something which is clearly literal and interpret it in some allegorical way which 'feels' right to you and by which you think you are interpreting it spiritually as opposed to carnally. Any particular Scripture means what the writer of that Scripture intended for it to mean and does not mean whatever you want it to mean.

Some of the fundamental truths of the Bible are the deity of Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His substitutionary death on the cross in which He paid the penalty for the sins of the world; His bodily resurrection; His ascension and session at the right hand of the Father; that eternal life is a free gift which is received by grace through faith in Christ Jesus and not by works, etc. These truths have once for all been entrusted to the saints, and any denial of these truths is false teaching.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:17 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
I'll be interested in reading other replies.

So far, no surprises though.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Christian, why do you believe your faith is the ONLY true one (if you believe that)?

I don't believe that, therefore it's not etched in stone.

"Faith is a comfort zone, but love exceeds that!"

Old 06-15-2014, 10:41 PM

7,082 posts, read 8,952,388 times
I believe in what the KJV Bible says, I don't have any need for organized religion.

I don't know much about other religions, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc. Must be the culture I was born in I suppose.

The bible is the only "holy book" that starts with the story of creation In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.... Jesus rose from his tomb, Mohammed, Buddha, Ganesh, Confucious, etc. are still in theirs.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:12 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Christian, why do you believe your faith is the ONLY true one (if you believe that)?

I don't believe that, therefore it's not etched in stone.

"Faith is a comfort zone, but love exceeds that!"
Well, that deserves an AMEN!

Old 06-16-2014, 09:43 AM

675 posts, read 544,476 times
Research, common sense, and weighing pros and cons, holy conviction, etc

Old 06-16-2014, 09:54 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Well, that deserves an AMEN!
Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity