Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 06:43 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Everyone will reap what they sow.
Exactly. Personally i do not concern myself with the retribution of others, having been chastised so often for doing so. It is a far healthier state to walk in unconditional forgiveness, and in the knowledge there is no one to change but self.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 07:08 PM

1,382 posts, read 768,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
How do you think war criminals will fare as they stand before the judgement seat. I'm talking about the men (and women) in places of power who have actually purposely planned and initiated wars for profit that have killed millions and millions of innocent people throughout history. I'm talking about the arms manufacturers and the people who own corporations like Black Water, Haliburton, Raytheon, etc. I'm talking about those who intentionally keep wars going around the globe for profit and those who manufacture weapons of war knowing they will be used to murder people. Do you think these people will get off with no punishment just because they claim to be "Christian" ?
Dear Heart,
People such as Hitler, baptized as a Catholic, would probably fit into your scenario. Being as he is associated with the 8th head of the beast of Revelation 17, the beast never makes it to the judgment. As shown in Revelation 20:10, when the devil is thrown into the lake of fire, the beast, along with the false prophet, is already there ready and waiting for him. This precedes the judgment of Rev 20:15. These type of people are not in it for profit, but for power. Even Stalin was baptized into the Greek Orthodox church, although he apparently did not "endure to the end" (Mt 24:13). Stalin could be fit into one of the 10 horns of the 8th head of the beast of Rev 17:12.

As for judging people for pursuing Mammom, make sure you don't judge yourself. Do you work for the best wage you can get, or have you chose the path of selling your possessions, and giving it all to the poor?

As for what is a "Christian", look to the Apostle or Nicene Creed. If you believe in the false doctrine of the Trinity, believe in Pontius Pilate, believe in a virgin birth, believe in the Catholic church, hey, you are "saved" as a "Christian". Take that pot to the judgment day, and see what seat it gets you.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:48 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Well, I was simply posing a question, not making a statement of my own opinion. Only one of the answers seemed strange to me. Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts on this.

What was my purpose in asking? I listen to a lot of non-corporate news and hear more than I wish I did about the atrocities going on around the globe. It disturbs me. That's all.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:07 AM

446 posts, read 485,047 times
Quran answers your question in chapter 99 (8 short verses)
and also in chapter 35 verse 18.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:06 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Well, whats going to happen to Judas, who betrayed the Son of God?

That might have been a worse crime than warmongers of today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity