Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 02:45 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

I'm curious, do some of you Christians think it is okay to use the 'f' bomb/word?

The reason I ask is that there is a teaching going around that says it is okay to cuss. They say if something breaks it is okay to say G.D. it. You know what G.D. stands for.

But when you really think it through, when someone cusses when something does not go their way, are they not telling God they don't agree with what He is doing in their life?

When I confronted these people the situation went from bad to really ugly.

I showed them this verse:

Eph 4:29 "Let no tainted word at all be issuing out of your mouth, but if any is good toward needful edification, that it may be giving grace to those hearing."

Now I know this may come as a complete and utter shock to some of you but, well, I'm not perfect. I have my warts so to speak. And due to that, I always feel like how can I tell these people they are wrong to be acting this way being Christians?

But no one is perfect except Christ. Yet Paul told Timothy to expose, rebuke, entreat etc. etc. even though Timothy was not perfect.

Do you think I should have kept my mouth shut? In a way I feel badly, like I'm the bad guy.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:18 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Actually Christians who have this word of the lips or in their mind to speak should rebuke the demons in Jesus name , as demons who is putting this word in people mouths .... Jesus gives His believers the power and authority to rebuke or bind up this celestial demons spirits in Jesus name , and by the blood of Jesus judgment the demons will be gone and these words of demons will also be gone .....

Old 06-23-2014, 04:13 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually Christians who have this word of the lips or in their mind to speak should rebuke the demons in Jesus name , as demons who is putting this word in people mouths .... Jesus gives His believers the power and authority to rebuke or bind up this celestial demons spirits in Jesus name , and by the blood of Jesus judgment the demons will be gone and these words of demons will also be gone .....

I got to ask, are you seriously trying to say something here? Because to most this makes no sense at all. Sort of like babbling in tongues.

I'm not being sarcastic, this just does not communicate anything discernible to most.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:22 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I'm curious, do some of you Christians think it is okay to use the 'f' bomb/word?

The reason I ask is that there is a teaching going around that says it is okay to cuss. They say if something breaks it is okay to say G.D. it. You know what G.D. stands for.

But when you really think it through, when someone cusses when something does not go their way, are they not telling God they don't agree with what He is doing in their life?

When I confronted these people the situation went from bad to really ugly.

I showed them this verse:

Eph 4:29 "Let no tainted word at all be issuing out of your mouth, but if any is good toward needful edification, that it may be giving grace to those hearing."

Now I know this may come as a complete and utter shock to some of you but, well, I'm not perfect. I have my warts so to speak. And due to that, I always feel like how can I tell these people they are wrong to be acting this way being Christians?

But no one is perfect except Christ. Yet Paul told Timothy to expose, rebuke, entreat etc. etc. even though Timothy was not perfect.

Do you think I should have kept my mouth shut? In a way I feel badly, like I'm the bad guy.
As a non-Christian I will just say:

When us non-Christians hear vulgarities from a Christian. For some of us that becomes our view of Christianity and all Christians.

All of us that follow any religious faith are representatives of our faith.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:47 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually Christians who have this word on their lips or in their mind to speak should rebuke the demons in Jesus name. It's demons who are putting this word in people's mouths (minds) .... Jesus gives His believers the power and authority to rebuke or bind up celestial demons/spirits in Jesus name. By the blood of Jesus judgment the demons will be gone and these words of demons will also be gone .....
I did understand this but I think there are some typo's. I'll correct them.

That's assuming you recognize the swear words as wrong, then you can eliminate them from your thoughts. It's not difficult to control your thoughts with His help.

We will be held responsible for every thought in our heads. I agree with second post/scripture. Let nothing ugly come from your lips. (that's a paraphrase)

Old 06-23-2014, 06:52 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
"The son can do nothing on his own, he can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

"If the son frees you you shall truly be free."

Those verses show how important it is to become the servant of God, the son. If the servant of God frees you ,you only do what God the Father does at least in Gods eyes, so everything else is forgiven. You get a pass for everything else. There is no other way to be forgiven. Everyone must serve the Father.

The Lord says this;

"I will strengthen and purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

Old 06-23-2014, 09:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
The true meaning of a word is that which you give it.
In other words, don't say it, if it upsets or offends you.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:28 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

When us non-Christians hear vulgarities from a Christian. For some of us that becomes our view of Christianity and all Christians.

Good point

Old 06-24-2014, 05:48 AM

250 posts, read 218,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

Woodrow, excellent thought to bring forth. It's like when a Muslim kills someone many see all of Islam this way.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:52 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks the Scripture says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity