Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 07:44 PM

473 posts, read 822,432 times

Advertisements

I know a lot of people who complain about so many of our jobs and factories moving overseas and into other countries. Well, God said that his children would mount up on wings like eagles and lead the world. We as the United States are under the sign of an eagle, the United States also leads the world in a lot of things/ways.

Did God see that some of these very poor children of His really needed jobs and industry within their countries? Did He cause this movement to help feed His starving children who may not have the basics that we take for granted---clean water, food, shelter, medicines, etc.?

I'm a person who has always been self-employed--mainly because I'm willing to do almost any job. Clean houses for people, care for the elderly, work on a farm in tobacco, hay, etc., teach art classes, cut hair for people, paint houses, etc--that's just some of my jobs. I've never seen the job shortage that so many are having trouble with. I can drive down the road and see several help needed signs in fast food places, clothing stores, etc. I know that things are surely harder in cities than in the country where I'm at.

BUT, we live in the best country in the world with so many excesses that some countries have never even thought of having. Are we really as bad off as some think--money wise anyway? I hear people complain all the time about our jobs being stolen or companies being blasted because they moved overseas.

Maybe our country is just moving more towards having more leaders in professional fields---computer, medicine, sciences, etc. and maybe we are heading towards rewards instead of punishments--just thinking in reverse of some. God never closes doors without opening others.

I know that I'll probably get ugly answers from some--touchy subject and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 07:57 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,950,769 times
No. The corporations moved every job they could into low wage countries where there were no environmental regulations or worker rights laws. China has become the worlds factory floor and companies is other countries shipped jobs there and to India. People who live there suffer health problems due to pollution to the point that life expectancy has gone down.

God had nothing to do with it.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:04 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
I know a lot of people who complain about so many of our jobs and factories moving overseas and into other countries. Well, God said that his children would mount up on wings like eagles and lead the world. We as the United States are under the sign of an eagle, the United States also leads the world in a lot of things/ways.

Did God see that some of these very poor children of His really needed jobs and industry within their countries? Did He cause this movement to help feed His starving children who may not have the basics that we take for granted---clean water, food, shelter, medicines, etc.?

I'm a person who has always been self-employed--mainly because I'm willing to do almost any job. Clean houses for people, care for the elderly, work on a farm in tobacco, hay, etc., teach art classes, cut hair for people, paint houses, etc--that's just some of my jobs. I've never seen the job shortage that so many are having trouble with. I can drive down the road and see several help needed signs in fast food places, clothing stores, etc. I know that things are surely harder in cities than in the country where I'm at.

BUT, we live in the best country in the world with so many excesses that some countries have never even thought of having. Are we really as bad off as some think--money wise anyway? I hear people complain all the time about our jobs being stolen or companies being blasted because they moved overseas.

Maybe our country is just moving more towards having more leaders in professional fields---computer, medicine, sciences, etc. and maybe we are heading towards rewards instead of punishments--just thinking in reverse of some. God never closes doors without opening others.

The best country in the world? The best country MONEY can buy. Even institutionalized RELIGION has gone BIG money. The original mega-preachers like Swaggart, Bakker, Copeland, and Hinn NEVER dreamed of making it like some of theses modern MEGA churches.

If one has no money, one has NO influence.

As for The USA being "god's children mounting up on WINGS?" How do we know we wasn't prophesying about MEXICO who also has an EAGLE?

Or any of these countries-- Austria, Armenia, Egypt, German, Nigeria, Poland, Ghana, Russia, Serbia.

OMG, look, GERMANY could very well be the "children of god who mount up on wings" like they did in WW II?

I once tried reading between the lines of my bible and came up with --

Matthew said of Judas, "Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the
temple and departed, and went and hanged himself" (Matthew 27:5).
Luke recorded Jesus as saying, "Go and do likewise" (Luke 10:37).

Therefore, are we to conclude that Jesus wants us all to go hang
ourselves? Silly, isn't it? However, this is the way some people approach
the Bible. They pick one verse here and another verse there, put them
together and come up with a doctrine. Such a procedure ends up leading
men into gross error.
When studying the Bible, the words must be kept in context. For instance,
when the New Testament says to "work with your hands" does it mean a
man must literally use his hands in his job--ditch digging, carpentry,
plumbing, etc.? If a man is an accountant, bank president, is he sinning?
The answer is no. The context reveals that a contrast is being made
between stealing for a living and working for a living (Ephesians 4:28).
Also, in 1 Thessalonians 4:11, 12, Paul is telling men to stick to their own
business, set a good example for others and be self-sufficient.
Let us be sure to keep the words in context lest we end up hanging
ourselves.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:16 PM

472 posts, read 385,867 times
Very good question.
For what reason should God help the people of this country? Do you believe this is Gods country? Has not this country made laws that are against Gods laws?
More babies have been murdered through abortion, than Hitler murdered in the holocaust.
Same sex marriage. Leaders who have done adultery, burglary, told bold face lies. Millions have turned their backs on God…look what God has done to his people when they broke his laws. Why would he support this country? Does it glorify him? or do most put him aside as a fairy tail? a joke. He has been easy on this country…the worst is yet to come. I was a child during the Great Depression…I remember…The people of today will no be able to stand before what is coming.

Will God care for his people? If one person in a house is doing something wrong, all those of that house will suffer.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Very good question.
For what reason should God help the people of this country? Do you believe this is Gods country? Has not this country made laws that are against Gods laws?
More babies have been murdered through abortion, than Hitler murdered in the holocaust.
Same sex marriage. Leaders who have done adultery, burglary, told bold face lies. Millions have turned their backs on God…look what God has done to his people when they broke his laws. Why would he support this country? Does it glorify him? or do most put him aside as a fairy tail? a joke. He has been easy on this country…the worst is yet to come. I was a child during the Great Depression…I remember…The people of today will no be able to stand before what is coming.

Will God care for his people? If one person in a house is doing something wrong, all those of that house will suffer.
Jeepers, domenic, I really hate to sound like a broken record but...wrong again/still.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:03 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,529,803 times
Quote:
Many of the countries where jobs have moved or are being located are also growing in Christianity. Some of these countries which were hostile to the West have eased their restrictions and are allowing missions for the first time.

The Center for the Study of Global Christianity, based at Gordon Conwell Seminary, published In June 2013 an excellent report (in my opinion) regarding Christianity in its Global Context. This report presents analysis for the period 1970-2020 and points out implications for society, religion and mission. The full report can be found online at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary: Center for the Study of Global Christianity and includes a number of eye opening observations.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:36 PM

473 posts, read 822,432 times
God moves in mysterious ways and all things come forth in time as good. We are often short sighted and see only what we think of as bad. Minor falls for major lifts--Halelujah.
If we all banded together during the minor falls they wouldn't seem so large to some.The more all nations and people mingle then the more blended and smooth things become for all people without lines of demarcation--like an artists painting in removing harsh lines that have been drawn. The more we know someone, the more we learn to love them and accept their differences. Look for the good in all things with farther eyesight.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:03 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Jeepers, domenic, I really hate to sound like a broken record but...wrong again/still.
I would honestly like you to articulate more about your beliefs, if you don't mind. You disagree, but why? How does saying you disagree add to this conversation? What are the reasons for your disagreement?

Old 06-29-2014, 07:05 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:

One thing I want to point out is that we need to distinguish the things that God has done and the things man has done. If companies are shipping jobs overseas, then that is not God's work. He allows it but that doesn't mean he authors it.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I would honestly like you to articulate more about your beliefs, if you don't mind. You disagree, but why? How does saying you disagree add to this conversation? What are the reasons for your disagreement?
Well, my profile is accessible. If you're truly interested, you can click on "see all posts by TroutDude" and by tracking subject lines you'd probably be able to find all you want about me - and likely more - in an hour or three.

And boy howdy it's worth the read!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity