Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 08:33 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,460 times

Advertisements

Jesus said He remained in the Father's love by keeping His commandments. The reason I say this is that abide means to remain or continue in a particular position or relationship.

So to remain in God's love man must do the same as Jesus taught or choose to remain in a different kind of love that puts you in opposition to Jesus's own way of remaining in God's love and therefore out of Gods love.

The commandments are the words of God not like the ten commandments. The commandments are all of Gods word. Jesus confirmed this when He said; "The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."

Notice how he relates a command with commandments. That is why He said that those who love Him keep His commandments then turns around and says those who love Him keep His word. Why? Because the words are the commandments.

Comments?

As it is written; "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 09:02 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said He remained in the Father's love by keeping His commandments. The reason I say this is that abide means to remain or continue in a particular position or relationship.

So to remain in God's love man must do the same as Jesus taught or choose to remain in a different kind of love that puts you in opposition to Jesus's own way of remaining in God's love and therefore out of Gods love.

The commandments are the words of God not like the ten commandments. The commandments are all of Gods word. Jesus confirmed this when He said; "The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."

Notice how he relates a command with commandments. That is why He said that those who love Him keep His commandments then turns around and says those who love Him keep His word. Why? Because the words are the commandments.

Comments?

As it is written; "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him."
I agree. I believe those regenerate made alive by Christ's Spirit given to them will abide in Christ's commandments because the new nature God gave us.

For the born-again Christians, sin = misery, lonliness, separation, death, etc. The desire becomes to have fellowship with God which brings the fruit of the Spirit out in our lives. The individual may be snared by temptation and sin, but they will repent out of it as God is conforming them by His Spirit into the image of His Son. He's the potter we're the clay saved unto good works. Christians won't practice sin as His seed remains (Greek word is Meno/ or "abides".. same word used in John 15) in them.

His sheep hear His voice and they come. There will be a response if one truly has received Christ.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:24 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,918,994 times
Define "Love".

Old 07-05-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Define "Love".
The OP defines it. Jesus defined remaining in the Father's love as keeping His commandments.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:47 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,918,994 times
Quote:
The OP defines it. Jesus defined remaining in the Father's love as keeping His commandments.

No, what I'm saying is:

Define Love.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:47 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,920,840 times
Obedience, both demonstrated during His life and death ,as He provides the Holy Spirit in giving guidance from God to be obedient.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:42 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Actually Jesus broke man`s interpretation of the Sabbath a few times in the Gospels , and He redefined the rules of the Word of God from Matthew 5 .............Plus He broke the law of Moses by being on the cross on the Sabbath with was illegal ,............. And He had His disciples carry two knives which made Him equal to the transgressors ................ But these sins where not a rebellion against God to disqualify Him from receiving the love and glory from God Like God disqualified Adam for His rebellion ................ God`s love is agape love which is a selfless charity love , so when people reject a selfless charity love of God by selfishness and discord then they can be judged by a just God and be disqualified to receive from God

Old 07-06-2014, 04:48 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,527,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually Jesus broke man`s interpretation of the Sabbath a few times in the Gospels , and He redefined the rules of the Word of God from Matthew 5 .............Plus He broke the law of Moses by being on the cross on the Sabbath with was illegal ,............. And He had His disciples carry two knives which made Him equal to the transgressors ................ But these sins where not a rebellion against God to disqualify Him from receiving the love and glory from God Like God disqualified Adam for His rebellion ................God`s love is agape love which is a selfless charity love , so when people reject a selfless charity love of God by selfishness and discord then they can be judged by a just God and be disqualified to receive from God
There's usually a gold nugget of truth in your posts.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
No, what I'm saying is:

Define Love.
In a spiritual sense it is to serve God by spreading His word and glorifying Him.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:

Comments?

Did you know that Jesus said that we can do nothing without him?. If we are not abiding in his love we are without him. Now tell me this, does a branch of the vine have to do anything other than be a branch to bear fruit ?. Jesus did all that he did because he lived out of his Father's love. Knowing you are loved in this manner does wonderful things for you, you find yourself without effort and thought doing the things that you couldn't before. Is it any wonder that Paul said to be rooted and grounded in love (Eph3:17). Yet we still insist we should be rooted and grounded in bible scripture.

Camps takes off on his camel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity