Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:55 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
so you have two gods, (smile)........................................... ....LOL.

PS watch and learn from ShanaBrown and myself conversation.
The Trinity does not teach two or three Gods. Three Gods would be Tritheism. The doctrine of the Trinity is one God in three persons.

Trinity - Definition:

The word "Trinity" comes from the Latin noun "trinitas" meaning "three are one." The Trinity expresses the belief that God is one Being made up of three distinct Persons who exist in co-equal essence and co-eternal communion as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

What Is the Trinity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 12:00 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Trinity does not teach two or three Gods. Three Gods would be Tritheism. The doctrine of the Trinity is one God in three persons.

Trinity - Definition:

The word "Trinity" comes from the Latin noun "trinitas" meaning "three are one." The Trinity expresses the belief that God is one Being made up of three distinct Persons who exist in co-equal essence and co-eternal communion as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

What Is the Trinity?
ok mike if that's true, as to what you said, who sent his angel to John in Revelation 1:1. only one of your trinity person sent "his" angel. so mike who was it

the one whom you call the son, or the one whom you call the father, which one mike?.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
ok mike if that's true, as to what you said, who sent his angel to John in Revelation 1:1. only one of your trinity person sent "his" angel. so mike who was it

the one whom you call the son, or the one whom you call the father, which one mike?.
There is no 'ok'. I told you that I've spent as much time on this as I'm going to. Enough has already been said to establish that Jesus (the Word) is God, but He is not the Father. Again however, believe what you want.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
There is no 'ok'. I told you that I've spent as much time on this as I'm going to. Enough has already been said to establish that Jesus (the Word) is God, but He is not the Father. Again however, believe what you want.
believe what I want?, Oh No, believe GOD. so you cannot answer?, (smile). look, no math is involved only a multiple choice question. either it was the son, or the father.

yes I know it's enough for you. because it kills your trinity doctrine dead as a door knob, (smile). I don't blame you, if I was you with that belief, I wouldn't answer either, (smile). so your refusal to answer prove that your doctrine is false.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
believe what I want?, Oh No, believe GOD. so you cannot answer?, (smile). look, no math is involved only a multiple choice question. either it was the son, or the father.

yes I know it's enough for you. because it kills your trinity doctrine dead as a door knob, (smile). I don't blame you, if I was you with that belief, I wouldn't answer either, (smile). so your refusal to answer prove that your doctrine is false.
Believe what you want.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:36 PM

Let me make myself very clear. I'm not against anyone, meaning the PERSON. my fight is with your ignorance. let me say it once more. "I'm not against YOU. my fight is with spiritual wickedness, which is a lack of understanding on the PERSON part.

I once was in ignorance in this area of the Godhead, but the only way out of Ignorance is the word of God. one must believe the scriptures. and if the scriptures conflict with what one believes, then one needs to re-examine one's beliefs

Old 07-28-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Let me make myself very clear. I'm not against anyone, meaning the PERSON. my fight is with your ignorance. let me say it once more. "I'm not against YOU. my fight is with spiritual wickedness, which is a lack of understanding on the PERSON part.

I once was in ignorance in this area of the Godhead, but the only way out of Ignorance is the word of God. one must believe the scriptures. and if the scriptures conflict with what one believes, then one needs to re-examine one's beliefs
Again, believe what you want.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:46 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:

Geez, Mike, she keeps coming up with that Rev. 1:1 like it's THE proof of what she preaches...wow...

Old 07-28-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Trinity - Definition:

What Is the Trinity?
Trinitas is Latin for Triad...

Definition of triad (n)
tri·ad[ trī́ àd ]
set of 3:a group of three people or things
musical chord:a musical chord consisting of three notes, especially a chord made up of a tonic, a third, and a fifth
atom with valence of 3:an atom or chemical group with a valence of three
synonyms:*trio, threesome, triangle, troika, triumvirate, triplet

Old 07-28-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
101c, what I see in this is that Jesus, who represents the Father, and who has been given all power and authority, is acting on His behalf.When we "look" on Jesus, we are "seeing" the Almighty. He represents the Almighty, the Supreme God, the Father. Both the Father and the Son operate together as one
because Jesus Himself said that He and the Father are one, meaning to me, that they are one in purpose. Just like He said, whoever has seen Him, has
seen the Father, so they are operating together, and He is operating on the Father's behalf. All power that Jesus has comes from His Father. Eventually He delivers up the kingdom to the Father, according to 1 Cor. 15 vs24. He must reign until He has put all enemies under His feet.(vs. 25) So this says to me that the Father is subjecting all things to Jesus, the Son, who is acting on His behalf and eventually the Son will Himself be subject to the Father. The Father will have all reign. God bless and peace.
He is the Shaliach of The Father...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity