Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 03:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,227,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Typical attack the news source, not the content tactic.
Opinion pieces should not be used as news sources. Bias influences content. If you're going to take up protesting you'll need to learn that. Protest 101: Get your facts straight so you don't look like an idiot out there on the picket line. You're welcome. Again.

Now then: You will be, I assume, protesting the Constitution and the Bill of Rights so.... more free advice..... get comfy shoes. You'll be out there a looooooooooooooong time. And the Supreme Court will probably refuse to hear your case, if you can find someone to file it, because they've already ruled on the laws you don't like and marriage equality is now law in 31 states, but... whatever. I'm a big fan of the First Amendment and it's your life.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 10-24-2014 at 04:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 05:00 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,751,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Opinion pieces should not be used as news sources. Bias influences content. If you're going to take up protesting you'll need to learn that. Protest 101: Get your facts straight so you don't look like an idiot out there on the picket line. You're welcome. Again.

Now then: You will be, I assume, protesting the Constitution and the Bill of Rights so.... more free advice..... get comfy shoes. You'll be out there a looooooooooooooong time. And the Supreme Court will probably refuse to hear your case, if you can find someone to file it, because they've already ruled on the laws you don't like and marriage equality is now law in 31 states, but... whatever. I'm a big fan of the First Amendment and it's your life.
If you think news sources aren't biased to some degree then you are the one who needs an education. Let's face it. Yes, your side is going to win. Hooray SSM will soon be legal everywhere. I will have to accept it as a common form of society, and continue to watch a once great nation descend into darkness and immorality.

What I don't get is why your side feels it so necessary to aggressively brow bent Christians if we dare not agree with everything you stand for. Apparently you just can't respect a difference of opinion and have to be insulting. I still have a right to believe what I want, and I should still have that right to voice that belief without being venomized by the left. Thanks for NOTHING.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:02 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,347,720 times
Quote:
If you think news sources aren't biased to some degree then you are the one who needs an education. Let's face it. Yes, your side is going to win. Hooray SSM will soon be legal everywhere. I will have to accept it as a common form of society, and continue to watch a once great nation descend into darkness and immorality.

What I don't get is why your side feels it so necessary to aggressively brow bent Christians if we dare not agree with everything you stand for. Apparently you just can't respect a difference of opinion and have to be insulting. I still have a right to believe what I want, and I should still have that right to voice that belief without being venomized by the left. Thanks for NOTHING.
Wow...

You can voice it all you want, you're allowed to do that. No one is trying to take that away from you.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:10 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,763,068 times
Well, what we all feared is happening. God help us all.

Massachusetts Supreme Court Orders All Citizens To Gay Marry
Massachusetts Supreme Court Orders All Citizens To Gay Marry | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 10-24-2014, 05:13 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,652,371 times
Quote:
It said a subpoena was issued for pastors to turn over their sermons. I don't know how much more plain the article has to be. The term SERMON was originally used. Why are you trying to distort the facts? The request was made.

So what is not factual? Are you claiming that the request for sermons was NEVER made? Prove it.
I am saying exactly what I mean. Your claim was not factual. You stated the mayor of Houston was trying to force pastors to submit their sermons for approval. Do you see those words "for approval"? I have highlighted them for you a number of times. They are your words, yet you don't seem to be noticing their presence.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Typical attack the news source, not the content tactic. Ok, let's try Time magazine. You gonna discredit them too without any proof?

Houston Pastors, Sermons Subpoenaed Over Equal Rights Ordinance

Great. Now please point out the part which states the mayor of Houston attempted to force pastors to submit their sermons for approval. I have read this link too, yet still don't see it.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I haven't read anyone here arguing that you do not have the right to believe what you want.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:27 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,236,221 times
Quote:

I don't cae if you agree or disagree with me or what your opinion of me is. When it goes from opinion to legislating that I live my life by your beliefs, then I have a problem.
You have every right to voice any opinion you choose, but I have the same freedom to voice my opinion of your opinion. That is the beauty of freedom of speech, everyone has it.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:30 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,751,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I am saying exactly what I mean. Your claim was not factual. You stated the mayor of Houston was trying to force pastors to submit their sermons for approval. Do you see those words "for approval"? I have highlighted them for you a number of times. They are your words, yet you don't seem to be noticing their presence.
I don't see see where those words have any bearing to your claim. She wasn't requesting the sermons for her personal amusement or enlightenment. It was to approve or disapprove of their speech inside the church in regards to this lawsuit.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:32 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,347,720 times
Quote:
I don't see see where those words have any bearing to your claim. She wasn't requesting the sermons for her personal amusement or enlightenment. It was to approve or disapprove of their speech inside the church in regards to this lawsuit.
lol it was to determine WHAT was said and use it as content in their case.

Who cares about whether they "approve" of it or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity