Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 05:19 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,633,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
My pastor JUST did a whole sermon on this. Here's the message I received: (though I hope I didn't misconstrue, wishing to hear what I wanted). Oh, and did I mention it was my ex's first time coming back to the church, and he sat with me, and we listened to this sermon about divorce and adultery. Awwwwwkkkwarrrrdd......

Anyway, I interpreted his message as this:
Jesus says divorce, remarrying and adultery are sins. Jesus died for our sins, so that we could be saved. If we are divorced or remarried, or cheated, we should pray for forgiveness and make efforts not to do it anymore. (couldn't be too hard, right?)
Make efforts to not be remarried anymore? How does one do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 05:23 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,549 times
Quote:

Jesus says divorce, remarrying and adultery are sins. Jesus died for our sins, so that we could be saved. If we are divorced or remarried, or cheated, we should pray for forgiveness and make efforts not to do it anymore. (couldn't be too hard, right?)
If you divorced and remarried, then how can you not do it anymore? Do you just divorce the second spouse and remain single and celibate for the rest of your life?

The Bible clearly tells us that getting remarried is a sin, if you remarry and stay with that spouse then you are SINNING, and Jesus is NOT going to let sinners like that into heaven. Please do not try to twist the words of our Holy Bible to fit your agenda. I'm sorry but it looks like some remarried people are going to suffer in hell for eternity. I am just glad I am not one of you. I really wish the Church would stop marrying these kinds of people too. There are churches that actually allow these people who CHOOSE TO SIN marry in the church. WHY? Why would a church help people commit a sin like this. It is disgusting if you ask me. Don't even get me started about how I feel that our country actually has made it legal for these folks to remarry. Obviously Satan is having a lot of influence on our laws.

Also what about the children that these sinner have? What does our holy father have to say about them?

Old 10-27-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh01 View Post
There is no hell.
Yes, there is and some people who remarry are going there. Read your Bible.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:32 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,227,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
If you divorced and remarried, then how can you not do it anymore? Do you just divorce the second spouse and remain single and celibate for the rest of your life?

The Bible clearly tells us that getting remarried is a sin, if you remarry and stay with that spouse then you are SINNING, and Jesus is NOT going to let sinners like that into heaven. Please do not try to twist the words of our Holy Bible to fit your agenda. I'm sorry but it looks like some remarried people are going to suffer in hell for eternity. I am just glad I am not one of you. I really wish the Church would stop marrying these kinds of people too. There are churches that actually allow these kinds of people to marry in the church. WHY? Why would a church help people commit a sin like this. It is disgusting if you ask me. Don't even get me started about how I feel that our country actually has made it legal for these folks to remarry. Obviously Satan is having a lot of influence on our laws.

Also what about the children that these sinner have? What does our holy father have to say about them?
Well I am not twisting anything, I quoted the scripture clearly. There is hope that Jesus did not just come to forgive some sin but it is also possible that he wont forgive remarriage so is there any scripture for hope that those in hell will be burned up or is the suffering really eternal. The fires I know are eternal and satan will burn forever but its not clear that people will.

it almost seems like a waste for Jesus to have died on the cross if remarriage cant be forgiven since its one that alot of christians comit. But thats Jesus call not mine.

There is the rich man on the other side of the divide but the man who was being comforted was certianly still not in paradise. I wonder if God authored the Bible in such a way as to keep us all guessing. Only one thing is for sure, and thats that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Even if you believe its still up to him to vouge for you. The bible says even the demons believe but it does not help them.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post

it almost seems like a waste for Jesus to have died on the cross if remarriage cant be forgiven since its one that alot of christians comit. But thats Jesus call not mine.
Well then it looks like there will be a lot of these so called Christians burning for eternity in the lake of fire.

Like I said, I am just glad I am not one of those people.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:36 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Make efforts to not be remarried anymore? How does one do that?
OK, touche. But I don't know, my point is that Jesus died to save us from our sins. So no, we should not go around sinning with bad intentions, but if we DO SIN, we are able to pray for forgiveness. Those who simply say, "those who remarry, etc. (sin) are going straight down" are just being ridiculous in my opinion. You are not taking into account that God's grace is awesome. He does forgive!!!

Old 10-27-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
OK, touche. But I don't know, my point is that Jesus died to save us from our sins. So no, we should not go around sinning with bad intentions, but if we DO SIN, we are able to pray for forgiveness. Those who simply say, "those who remarry, etc. (sin) are going straight down" are just being ridiculous in my opinion. You are not taking into account that God's grace is awesome. He does forgive!!!
He DOES forgive, but you have to make an effort to repent and not sin anymore. You think you can just go on sinning and that is okay? NO. If you remarry and are with your second spouse you are LIVING IN SIN! You have to stop sinning and pray for forgiveness.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Well then it looks like there will be a lot of these so called Christians burning for eternity in the lake of fire.

Like I said, I am just glad I am not one of those people.
I think that sucks though and I cant imagine thats what Jesus wants. I guess we wont know till we get there.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
He DOES forgive, but you have to make an effort to repent and not sin anymore. You think you can just go on sinning and that is okay? NO. If you remarry and are with your second spouse you are LIVING IN SIN! You have to stop sinning and pray for forgiveness.
What are your thoughts on my post #9?

Old 10-27-2014, 05:49 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,312,500 times
Quote:

The Bible clearly tells us that getting remarried is a sin, if you remarry and stay with that spouse then you are SINNING, and Jesus is NOT going to let sinners like that into heaven. Please do not try to twist the words of our Holy Bible to fit your agenda. I'm sorry but it looks like some remarried people are going to suffer in hell for eternity. I am just glad I am not one of you. I really wish the Church would stop marrying these kinds of people too. There are churches that actually allow these people who CHOOSE TO SIN marry in the church. WHY? Why would a church help people commit a sin like this. It is disgusting if you ask me. Don't even get me started about how I feel that our country actually has made it legal for these folks to remarry. Obviously Satan is having a lot of influence on our laws.

I'm highlighting in blue the words that caught my attention. The Bible says we are all sinners. There are none righteous, not one. Even our best works are like filthy rags.

God knows our hearts. He knows every thought in our heads. I imagine most of us will be ashamed of ourselves when we stand before Him. Thank God for Jesus. He's my only hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity