Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 10:04 PM

360 posts, read 234,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
On the contrary. Paul in no way claims that God is a duality. And I have already told you, the concept of the trinity is seen by comparing ALL pertinent passages dealing with the subject. The Bible states that there is only one true God, and yet it identifies the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as God.

There is only one true God: John 17:3, 1 Cor. 8:4 to name but two verses.

The Father of course is God. No one argues against that fact.

And yet Jesus is God: John 1:1, Hebrews 1:8-12 to name but two passages.

The Holy Spirit is God: Acts 5:3-4. And as you were already shown, the Father knows the mind of the Spirit who intercedes for us (Romans 8:26-27).

While there is but one true God, the one true God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit who are three distinct personalities within the Godhead. And this is recognized by mainstream Christianity while denied by various cults and heretics.
I never said Paul said God is a duality!

Quote scripture for the trinity!

No one has asked the question. There is no trinity, that's one reason why it is not in scripture! It was the invention of Catholic Church leaders. You will not find the trinity in the Old or the New Testament!!

Last edited by earl012; 11-23-2014 at 10:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 10:09 PM

33,334 posts, read 26,552,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl012 View Post
I never said Paul said God is a duality!
Whatever you think Paul said, it in no way denies the Biblical teaching that there is one God in three Persons.

And I have already quoted Scripture which proves the Trinity.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Whatever you think Paul said, it in no way denies the Biblical teaching that there is one God in three Persons.

And I have already quoted Scripture which proves the Trinity.
I didn't make it up, Paul said it! READ THE SCRIPTURE I QUOTED FROM PAUL.

If you believe the trinity is supported by scripture, quote it! That doesn't mean doing a figurative interpretation of scriptures. For this important topic, a literal interpretation is required. Almost topic one chooses can be found in the Bible based on FIGURATIVE INTERPRETATIONS. The trinity is to important a concept to be based on ambiguity!

Where do you find the son of God in the Old Testament? You'd think the Lord God would have mentioned his son. The reason, of course, is there is no son of God.

Last edited by earl012; 11-23-2014 at 10:44 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 10:43 PM

348 posts, read 217,773 times
Quote:
God is a mystery. For Judaism, God is monotheism based on the Lord. For Christians, God is the trinity (father, son and holy ghost).

I propose that God is a duality. Both entities being equal in power, glory, and holiness.

Secondly, I propose that Jesus was God. The problem for his followers was that Jesus presented himself as two persons. Unable to understand Jesus as God, gospel writers and Paul invented son of God stories.

I believe the two witnesses in Revelation 11 is the real story of Jesus.
Do you want me to ask Jesus For you and tell you what He says?

Old 11-23-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Levi View Post
Do you want me to ask Jesus For you and tell you what He says?
That would be a good idea. If the real Jesus could speak, he would say I am God, not the son of God. However, that is what I think he would say.

Last edited by earl012; 11-23-2014 at 11:04 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
That would be a good idea. If the real Jesus could speak, he would say I am God, not the son of God.
Jesus would never lie to me.

He told me to tell you this.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Jesus would never lie to me.

He told me to tell you this.
We need to find scriptural support for Jesus. I don't believe the real Jesus would say he is not God.

Last edited by earl012; 11-23-2014 at 11:08 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
We need to find scriptural support for Jesus. We do not have to deny Jesus to proclaim him to to be God.
Jesus was God, just not to His Father. I am God just not to Jesus and His Father.

Do you worship the Spirit of God?

Yes or no?

Old 11-23-2014, 11:11 PM

THe Spirit of God is within me. That makes that which is within me...God.
Jesus has a greater measure of the Spirit of God than I. He is over me. He is my God and Lord. But God the Father is over Jesus and is His God and Lord.

See how that works.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Jesus was God, just not to His Father. I am God just not to Jesus and His Father.

Do you worship the Spirit of God?

Yes or no?
The only spirit I worship is God. Jesus is God and therefore the spirit of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity