Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 06:57 PM

124 posts, read 118,600 times

Advertisements

Why is it bad if have desires? Normal desires like any other people. One thing I don't understand about God: he made everything in the world, so he doesn't need anything we have to be happy. Yet, he asks that I give him my desires and dreams. He doesn't need them either. He made us with desires, and I will die fighting for my Love, I do not believe in a God who gives just for the purpose of taking away. Maybe it's the extra stipulation for getting to heaven. Give up everything, even though I don't need it. Makes no sense

Sitting in park and being passive never brought anything in life. We still gotta move forward so God can steer. I won't give up my desires
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 06:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
You don't give them up til u r dead u just let them chew on you instead

Old 11-19-2014, 07:02 PM

Chew?

Old 11-19-2014, 07:35 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
We would have no dreams or desires without God. We can't really give Him anything. He owns all things God bless.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:38 PM

Yeah... I think I may have understood this whole thing wrong. God never said he would destroy or take our desires, he said to keep them first and not above him was all. Me getting all worried about what people say... It's gotten to the point I feel guilty now for wanting good things.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:24 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but I will not be mastered by anything.
1Cor 6:12
The question is who or what is in charge? "Good things?" At what cost?

Old 11-20-2014, 08:56 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
Yeah... I think I may have understood this whole thing wrong. God never said he would destroy or take our desires, he said to keep them first and not above him was all. Me getting all worried about what people say... It's gotten to the point I feel guilty now for wanting good things.
You got it, now quit feeling guilty about wanting good things, assuming they are good. God wants us to desire what is good.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:46 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
We would have no dreams or desires without God. We can't really give Him anything. He owns all things God bless.
The devil and his angels also impress "desires" in the minds of men.
So does original sin which is a vulnerability.
Jesus the God-Man and all the Holy men and women throughout the ages gave
unceasingly to the Father. God desires the hearts and minds of His creation, that is
why, even before the Fall, man had a free will.
God also does not own "all things". Those who reject him are not His. That which
He allows to persist without Him can still be destroyed by Him, but is not always "owned"
by Him because it operates apart from His Will.
Everything you said in your post is thus wrong.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:41 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
God also said enjoy the fruits of your labor.
And the fruits of the spirit are what God wishes to see in our hearts. Because when he reaps he sows. Make the tree good so that it will bare fruit.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:44 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
God also said enjoy the fruits of your labor.
And the fruits of the spirit are what God wishes to see in our hearts. Because when he reaps he sows. Make the tree good so that it will bare fruit.
Think about it what does the fruit carry in it. The seeds after sown of your spiritual fruit will grow to bare more fruit. Be fruitful and multiply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity