Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 10:51 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times

Advertisements

Scripture says God's people have His law written upon their hearts. It is important to know what His law is. By scripture His law is His word as shown below that is why Jesus said genuine worshipers worship in spirit and truth. You cannot worship in spirit and truth without His word written on your heart.

"Whatever your heart is full of that is what your mouth shall speak" says the son of man

Jeremiah;

"I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts; I will be their God, and they shall be my people".

Psalms;

"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth."

"Father, your word is truth."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 05:12 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Scripture says God's people have His law written upon their hearts. It is important to know

God's people?

You should think about that thing.

You quote a promise to Judah and Ephraim becoming one, and they are given a new covenant of which God writes the law on their hearts.

So are you Judah or Ephraim?

Ephraim's ten tribes had been lost into the nations for 700 years before Jesus came.

In order for Jesus to have brought the covenant, Ephraim and Judah had to be standing there.

Did the spirit go into the land of Ephraim, Naphtali and Zebulun when Jesus came?

They saw a light, those who sat in darkness.

Who sat in darkness?

Ephraim.

Ephraim went into the nations and became Gentiles, they became gentiles before they ever left.

The covenant is made to Judah, and specifically, the Gentiles of Ephraim.

A door was opened up for the gentiles under the promise Hosea speaks to Israel.

That after they were sent into the nations where they became Gentiles, God would call them back and say to them,''' You who were not my people{Ephraim}, in the same place it was said to you, there also will you be called the sons of the living God.

But if we look at Ephraim as Gentiles to say that the law has been written upon their hearts, IT IS ALL PEOPLE.

All People, even Atheists.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:52 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Scripture says God's people have His law written upon their hearts. It is important to know what His law is. By scripture His law is His word as shown below that is why Jesus said genuine worshipers worship in spirit and truth. You cannot worship in spirit and truth without His word written on your heart.

"Whatever your heart is full of that is what your mouth shall speak" says the son of man

Jeremiah;

"I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts; I will be their God, and they shall be my people".

Psalms;

"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth."

"Father, your word is truth."
I kind of agree. We can tell what is written on the heart by having a person describe the god of the bible. Then make a list of all adjectives used and read it aloud.

also, a more literal thought. "their hearts" mean "their dna". How we act, or should act as human, is written on the dna. Like being a dog is coded in their dna.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:01 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
But if we look at Ephraim as Gentiles to say that the law has been written upon their hearts, IT IS ALL PEOPLE.

All people who enter into the covenant. It is a matter of commitment, not descent.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:48 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
God's people?

You should think about that thing.

You quote a promise to Judah and Ephraim becoming one, and they are given a new covenant of which God writes the law on their hearts.

So are you Judah or Ephraim?

Ephraim's ten tribes had been lost into the nations for 700 years before Jesus came.

In order for Jesus to have brought the covenant, Ephraim and Judah had to be standing there.

Did the spirit go into the land of Ephraim, Naphtali and Zebulun when Jesus came?

They saw a light, those who sat in darkness.

Who sat in darkness?

Ephraim.

Ephraim went into the nations and became Gentiles, they became gentiles before they ever left.

The covenant is made to Judah, and specifically, the Gentiles of Ephraim.

A door was opened up for the gentiles under the promise Hosea speaks to Israel.

That after they were sent into the nations where they became Gentiles, God would call them back and say to them,''' You who were not my people{Ephraim}, in the same place it was said to you, there also will you be called the sons of the living God.

Eventually it will be all people but they will not be Atheist. God's people serve him in spirit and His word, the truth.

"Speak the truth to one another, just righteously and let honesty and peace be at your gates."says the Lord

Old 11-20-2014, 08:40 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
All people who enter into the covenant. It is a matter of commitment, not descent.
Yep as look at God's people in the 1st century. They killed Jesus. God's law was not written on their hearts. OH and if someone says they had no choice they had to kill Jesus to fulfill prophecy, they did not need to kill Stephen. No law on their hearts at all. (Note: not every person, as some did believe and have that law written on their hearts, but the Nation as a whole did not.)

Old 11-20-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:

If that were the case, then Christianity is not in the covenant.

The covenant was Jesus making two men one man, and both were in the same religion.

This lasted for 100 years.

In these last days many Christians are converting back to the covenant which was rejected.

The worship system of God was rejected, and the becoming one with Judah was rejected, the brotherhood broken in two once again.

Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years.

If the gentiles reject the commandments of God and call the Torah a strange thing, all they have done is what others had done and died.

Ten tribes were wiped out of Israel because they called the Torah a strange thing, they created their own feast days, and separated from Jerusalem, and Judah.

Christianity is no different.

If we are speaking about this New covenant that was brought for Judah and Ephraim, we are speaking about gentiles who had converted to Judaism.

Are Gentiles still in Judaism being co heirs with their brother?

Are they really in the same religion?
They have a totally different worship system all together,.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:32 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
If we are speaking about this New covenant that was brought for Judah and Ephraim, we are speaking about gentiles who had converted to Judaism.
No, Hannibal. Making a New Covenant is not limited to the promise of a new covenant with particular descendants of Israel but with people who elect to be children of God. Try seeing what the spirit of Jesus' ministry was about rather than the letters of Law and prophecy.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
No, Hannibal. Making a New Covenant is not limited to the promise of a new covenant with particular descendants of Israel but with people who elect to be children of God. Try seeing what the spirit of Jesus' ministry was about rather than the letters of Law and prophecy.

Nate, The covenant pertains to Judah and Ephraim, and if you are not amongst one of these, you do not have a covenant.

Judah and Ephraim become one, and this is Judah and Gentile of Ephraim because there is no Ephraim who are not gentiles.

But that doesn't even have to come in to play.

God has his own worship system that teaches about his son, and Christianity will have none of it.

How do you figure that converts to the religion of God are to accept the worship system of Babylon while oppressing those who keep the worship system of God?

It is not a hidden thing Nate.

God recorded his worship system for all to see, if you have a different worship system than God, why in the world would one think that they are in a covenant with God from a different religion?

If I keep believing in Jesus, but I convert to all the Sabbaths and feast days of Islam, will you still think me a Christian?

If it walks like a duck.

The covenant of God pertains to the people who keep his worship system, does that sound unreasonable?

A covenant is not just a word, it comes with particular Sabbaths and feasts if you want to worship God, but if those feasts are rejected, how will Christ be taught?

Will you teach an unbeliever to accept Jesus as their Passover lamb and turn around to tell them to reject the Passover?

If they reject the Passover, how do they not reject the Passover lamb?

If you teach a Babylonian worship system of Sabbaths and feast, how will you teach of Christ in his 7 feast days?

A Muslim can claim that he is also in the covenant of God, what would be the difference?

Old 11-20-2014, 12:10 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Romans 7:7: What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "You shall not covet."

I think Paul has a different idea of what is "written on our hearts." Paul admitting not knowing something is sinful shows that if it is written on our hearts to begin with, its not written clearly or at least with enough clarity for the average person to interpret without help. I think the "Royal Law of Love" is what is written on our hearts but we don't aways know how to apply it because we don't aways know what the most loving thing to do in a situation truly is.

To the average person, a deep longing desire for something to the point where they would do just about anything to get it (i.e. "coveting") does not seem sinful because whatever wrong they are thinking about doing has not been done, but the ultimately selfish and unloving obsession can wreck a person and is therefore sinful. That is why it needs to be listed in the bible in order to be shown as sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity