Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you attend church?
More than once a week 11 17.19%
Once a week or almost every week 15 23.44%
A few times a month 6 9.38%
Every few months 0 0%
A few times a year 5 7.81%
Only for holidays like Christmas or Easter 3 4.69%
Never, except for funerals or weddings 21 32.81%
Never, even for funerals or weddings- I will never step foot in a church 3 4.69%
Other(Please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 04:21 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,941,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
As a pastor, obviously I'm there every week. Before entering the ministry, I was in church every week, as well.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why someone would consider themselves part of an organization if they are there less than half the time.

An organization?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 04:24 PM

7,083 posts, read 8,962,161 times
Put me in the never column.

Reading some of the crap I see posted in this forum makes me that much less likely to start.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:18 PM

518 posts, read 470,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post

Reading some of the crap I see posted in this forum makes me that much less likely to start.
Oh, you don't need anyone else to blame for your feeling out of place among God's people.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
As a pastor, obviously I'm there every week. Before entering the ministry, I was in church every week, as well.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why someone would consider themselves part of an organization if they are there less than half the time.
From my experience the best way to get all those who claim to be members to come is to have a good old fashion church fight and hold a vote to run the pastor off! That will bring em out of the woodwork.

I attended a small church in Georgia one time that held a vote to fire the pastor and people brought in "members" who had not been to church in 20 years, now living in other states and put them up in their homes so they could vote.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:03 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,426,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post

Seeing what is posted here by those who never go or seldom attend makes me want to go even more. Good association is hard to find.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:04 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,426,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
From my experience the best way to get all those who claim to be members to come is to have a good old fashion church fight and hold a vote to run the pastor off! That will bring em out of the woodwork.

I attended a small church in Georgia one time that held a vote to fire the pastor and people brought in "members" who had not been to church in 20 years, now living in other states and put them up in their homes so they could vote.
True, but there are Christians and then pseudo Christians.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
True, but there are Christians and then pseudo Christians.
Very true. I think some loose sight of the fact that there will always be people who are not what they should be. And they also loose sight of the fact that they are no better than those who are not what they should be.

Like the preacher told the guy who said he did not attend church because there were too my hypocrites, "aw that's fine, one more won't hurt us, come on".

We need to get over ourselves and "not forsake the assembly". I have never met anyone who did so who was walking better with God. And many of them have taken to lying too!

Old 12-23-2014, 07:39 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
An organization?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity