Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 09:17 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Isaiah 66:15-17(KJV)

15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.
17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

That scripture is showing a person's blatant disrespect for the Torah, just like the Prodigal son shows when the son leaves his father to herd swine, it is just showing people who sit and call the Torah a strange thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 09:25 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Then you miss the meaning of what it is trying to impart to you....It is not what I do...

A quote from a guy who thought a cow was his grandmother?...Or G-d?...

I have issue with those that slaughter them in a manner that would assume that they have no feelings or pain...That is why the Torah has a proscribed method of slaughtering an animal so not to cause it fear or pain, it is the Kosher way, because it is a living thing with feelings and emotions, it is similar to the Native Americans, the way they treat animals that are about to become a meal, you should look that one up...
So you are mocking the religion/beliefs of Gandhi? Obviously you know little about it, yet find it acceptable to mock it. I'm not surprised I would find this kind of attitude in a section where people cry and complain that their religious beliefs are not being respected, but of course it is okay to disrespect the beliefs of others. WWJD?

I know about the Jewish animal slaughter rules. Sharp knife, one clean cut, let the animal bleed out, no severing of limbs, no killing of mom and her child on same day, blah blah blah. I don't have to look it up because I grew up with lots of Jews as friends and also dated a Jewish man.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Then you miss the meaning of what it is trying to impart to you....It is not what I do...

A quote from a guy who thought a cow was his grandmother?...Or G-d?...

I have issue with those that slaughter them in a manner that would assume that they have no feelings or pain...That is why the Torah has a proscribed method of slaughtering an animal so not to cause it fear or pain, it is the Kosher way, because it is a living thing with feelings and emotions, it is similar to the Native Americans, the way they treat animals that are about to become a meal, you should look that one up...

Good Post Richard.

Richard, what does it mean when it says,'' Do not eat meat sacrificed to Idols?''

Wouldn't that mean that you had to buy Kosher meat to make sure you were not dealing with a Pagan who took half the cow and donated it to the Pagan Temple?

If half a cow is sold, and the other half goes to support a Pagan's belief system, wouldn't that mean that you had to go Kosher?

Old 12-14-2014, 10:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Good Post Richard.

Richard, what does it mean when it says,'' Do not eat meat sacrificed to Idols?''

Wouldn't that mean that you had to buy Kosher meat to make sure you were not dealing with a Pagan who took half the cow and donated it to the Pagan Temple?

If half a cow is sold, and the other half goes to support a Pagan's belief system, wouldn't that mean that you had to go Kosher?
Do not eat the meat that is sacrificed to an Idol...Black and white...Don't do it...

Well, I think that it would depend on how the cow was slaughtered before it was halved...You use your half halachikaly, if that's the word, while the Pagan uses his half however he chooses...

Old 12-14-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Do not eat the meat that is sacrificed to an Idol...Black and white...Don't do it...

Well, I think that it would depend on how the cow was slaughtered before it was halved...You use your half halachikaly, if that's the word, while the Pagan uses his half however he chooses...

Right, but wouldn't that suggest that people should only buy Kosher meats?

LOL.

But then my opinion is biased, and a little extreme.

If I walk into a Walmart and buy anything at all, I already know that the owners do more to progress Pagan feast days than anyone, and it is pretty much the case to say that nobody can buy or sell without getting their hands dirty by doing business with people of other faiths.

But then I would believe in a Theocracy that demands every single person to keep the feast of Booths and no other feasts from other religions.

Kind of extreme huh?

Old 12-14-2014, 11:41 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
When Jesus returns that will be the end of the world as we know it. I don't think there is any eating food in heaven since we won't need to nourish our bodies. We won't need any material thing.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:58 AM

518 posts, read 469,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
When Jesus returns that will be the end of the world as we know it. I don't think there is any eating food in heaven since we won't need to nourish our bodies. We won't need any material thing.
Don't tell me that! There has to be fried chicken!

Old 12-15-2014, 09:51 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Yea, "should" being the key-word here...Those kind that are on the unclean list are what HaShem intended as planet cleaners, just look at their habits and you'll see why I say this...If you devour the oysters that are abundant in a certain area, guess what happens to the water?...
Indeed! And that exactly why oyster beds are being reintroduced into the Hudson-Raritan Estuary, where several centuries ago they were plentiful (This is around New York harbor down into the northern NJ coast.)

Old 12-15-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
That's easy! Does a pig "live" and "move"? If so God said it was given to us for food.

Now I realize there were dietary laws given to Israel only but that has no effect on me since I am not a Jew.
To confirm this fact Jesus had His Apostle tell us:

Now, let's enjoy what God has given us including pork.
I think you should educate yourself on this topic...

Old 12-15-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
So you are mocking the religion/beliefs of Gandhi? Obviously you know little about it, yet find it acceptable to mock it. I'm not surprised I would find this kind of attitude in a section where people cry and complain that their religious beliefs are not being respected, but of course it is okay to disrespect the beliefs of others. WWJD?

I know about the Jewish animal slaughter rules. Sharp knife, one clean cut, let the animal bleed out, no severing of limbs, no killing of mom and her child on same day, blah blah blah. I don't have to look it up because I grew up with lots of Jews as friends and also dated a Jewish man.
Good for you...You're entitled to your opinion...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity