Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 04:11 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,029,784 times

Advertisements

Right now on the t.v. they are saying Jesus had a wife on SMTHD.

If that were the case, whey are the gospels silent on this? Why are all the apostles silent on this? Why are all the church fathers silent on this?

The only wife Jesus would have is what is called "the bride of Christ" which is composed of Israelite believers. And even then, they aren't married yet.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 09:23 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,768,541 times
I have read that many believe that he did have a wife, but I don't think anyone knows for sure. I personally think it is unlikely that he did, but who knows.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:57 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,387,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

If that were the case, whey are the gospels silent on this? Why are all the apostles silent on this? Why are all the church fathers silent on this?

The only wife Jesus would have is what is called "the bride of Christ" which is composed of Israelite believers. And even then, they aren't married yet.

What do you think?
It may not be written in the NT, but the Oral Tradition, the Apostolic Succession, and the Magisterium of the Church says Jesus was single and celibate.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:48 AM

45,861 posts, read 27,492,412 times
I will frame my answer this way.

If Jesus had a wife and God wanted us to know about it - it would have been noted in the Scriptures.

You would think she would have been at the cross... His mother and the other Mary are mentioned specifically. My view is no wife for Christ.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:54 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,265,451 times
Quote:

What do you think?
No. He didn't have a wife. Every year we see nonsense like this. It's amazing the silly stuff that gets played on cable tv around Christmas and Easter. They go get a liberal "scholar" who makes outrageous claims with no evidence. Anything in the name of ratings, I guess.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:45 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,308,190 times
Quote:

What do you think?
I think I'd have turned the channel were I watching that program. TV programs espousing nutty claims about Jesus don't interest me.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:57 AM

1,788 posts, read 1,178,313 times
Jesus had NO WIFE.

His Bloodline started because HE was FORCED right before they crucified Him to have a physical relationship with a women.

~ it's a Bloodline of Rape and a Famous Painter 'Poussin knew it and painted the story about it in His Paintings.

It's all in this video. There are 2 parts. You have to study it carefully at each of the paintings when you get to them to see and understand whats going on.

The true Bloodline of Jesus is the 'Quesenberry Bloodline line and this video proves it.

http://youtu.be/__AAhgTDBjM part 1
http://youtu.be/2KEBWV6RNXQ part 2

IMO

Old 12-30-2014, 11:34 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,389,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No. He didn't have a wife..
Honestly Vizio, you don't know that and neither does anyone else with absolute certainty. Being an ultra-conservative, black-and-white thinking, fundamentalist pastor does not mean you can verbally ignore the differences between "fact" and "belief" and get away with it. These are the kind of things that drive non-Christians crazy and make them not want to convert.

That being said, I don't think its likely that he had a wife either based on what is written but it was still normal and recommended for a man in the 1st Century, especially called a Rabbi, to have married and have kids unless he was one of the Essenes. There are also the possiblies that she may have died young or was just "not mentioned" because of the growing popularity of asceticism and stoicism in the first few centuries. The theological consequences of him having a wife are really not that big of an issue anyways unless we make it so.

Last edited by Jrhockney; 12-30-2014 at 11:48 AM..

Old 12-30-2014, 12:15 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,029,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
Jesus had NO WIFE.

His Bloodline started because HE was FORCED right before they crucified Him to have a physical relationship with a women.

~ it's a Bloodline of Rape and a Famous Painter 'Poussin knew it and painted the story about it in His Paintings.

It's all in this video. There are 2 parts. You have to study it carefully at each of the paintings when you get to them to see and understand whats going on.

The true Bloodline of Jesus is the 'Quesenberry Bloodline line and this video proves it.

http://youtu.be/__AAhgTDBjM part 1
http://youtu.be/2KEBWV6RNXQ part 2

IMO
I'm not impressed. They would have to have DNA from Jesus or DNA from Mary to prove a bloodline exists. Mary is dust, Jesus is in heaven.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:03 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,178,313 times
Quote:
I'm not impressed. They would have to have DNA from Jesus or DNA from Mary to prove a bloodline exists. Mary is dust, Jesus is in heaven.
The women bore Twins, a boy and a girl. The girl died by a animal at a young age and the boy continued the bloodline and his Body is entombed in a cave at Questenberg, Germany.

No one's looking to convince anyone- it's just what is and it's told in those paintings.

When this tomb comes to light... men will say its the body of Jesus- that's a lie, don't believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity