Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 08:01 PM

518 posts, read 469,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
Ok. I see what you are saying now. I'm sorry. It didn't click in my brain.

So, as the 12 apostles sit in judgment over the 12 tribes of Israel, with Paul being assigned to the gentiles, where do those Hebrews/Jews that were not part of the 12 tribes fall? If we divide everyone in either Jews or Gentiles, doesn't that make Paul's job much harder or more broad than the other 11? I don't know if I understand the significance of the hierarchy. I do understand the 12 thrones being the 12 apostles but what is it they are supposed to do?
It would not be possible to be a Hebrew/Jew and not be part of the 12 tribes.

We are not given details about what the 12 Apostles and tribes will be doing exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 08:23 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:

Thank you. I look forward to your comments.

Please, anyone wishing to comment on what I have said in any of my post feel free, even if it wasn't addressed to you.
If we look at Genesis all human life was to be on a Edenic earth. Then things changed in a BIG way.

Now God's plan for the earth still must be fulfilled because.

ASV Isaiah 55:11 so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Jesus taught us to pray for it.

Matthew 6:9-10 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Those who go to heaven have a purpose or job as it were.

DBY Revelation 5:10 and made them to our God kings and priests; and they shall reign over the earth.

KJV Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

NJB Revelation 5:10 and made them a line of kings and priests for God, to rule the world.

Jesus reign is from heaven over the earth so God's will is done on the earth. Those who reign in heaven with him have authority over the earth and their rule is felt on earth, not over the heavens.

They help return the earth to the paradise God intended and restore man to the state God intended while being priests to help everyone build a prefect relationship with God while being restored to perfection, the status Adam lost.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:42 PM

874 posts, read 636,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
It would not be possible to be a Hebrew/Jew and not be part of the 12 tribes.

We are not given details about what the 12 Apostles and tribes will be doing exactly.
With all due respect, there were a lot of Hebrews in the area we now know as Israel that were not part of the 12 tribes, starting with Adam and Eve and Cain. When Abraham sent away his son, Ishmael, he had his own wife and progeny. (His wife and Cain's wife came from somewhere in that area. They had families). When Jacob stole the birthright from Esau, Esau went somewhere and started his family. They were there in that area. Abraham followed God, as did Isaac and in turn Jacob. I am assuming that Esau did, too. They were all Hebrews. There was a lot of history before the 12 tribes came along. They are all Hebrew. We are only dealing with the sons of Jacob in the 12 tribes. There were people all over that area that were Hebrew. The Bible only follows Jesus' ancestors. Of the 12 tribes, 11 of those were extended families. As the tribes break away from one another, only the House of Judah (and part of 2 others) is followed in the Bible.
Even if we assume that the only Hebrews in that part of the world at the time came from Adam and Eve, that still is a lot of Hebrews that are not of the 12 tribes.

Last edited by Ella Parr; 12-25-2014 at 11:55 PM..

Old 12-25-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
If we look at Genesis all human life was to be on a Edenic earth. Then things changed in a BIG way.

Now God's plan for the earth still must be fulfilled because.

ASV Isaiah 55:11 so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Jesus taught us to pray for it.

Matthew 6:9-10 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Those who go to heaven have a purpose or job as it were.

DBY Revelation 5:10 and made them to our God kings and priests; and they shall reign over the earth.

KJV Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

NJB Revelation 5:10 and made them a line of kings and priests for God, to rule the world.

Jesus reign is from heaven over the earth so God's will is done on the earth. Those who reign in heaven with him have authority over the earth and their rule is felt on earth, not over the heavens.

They help return the earth to the paradise God intended and restore man to the state God intended while being priests to help everyone build a prefect relationship with God while being restored to perfection, the status Adam lost.
That makes sense to me. That was what I had interpreted in my reading. I'm glad to hear someone else say it.

Now... to the question of since the soul never dies, where does it go afterlife on this earth?
How do we account for all of the people who have died since Adam and Eve?
How would we fit that many people on earth in the afterlife?

Old 12-26-2014, 05:15 AM

518 posts, read 469,759 times
Quote:
With all due respect, there were a lot of Hebrews in the area we now know as Israel that were not part of the 12 tribes, starting with Adam and Eve and Cain. When Abraham sent away his son, Ishmael, he had his own wife and progeny. (His wife and Cain's wife came from somewhere in that area. They had families). When Jacob stole the birthright from Esau, Esau went somewhere and started his family. They were there in that area. Abraham followed God, as did Isaac and in turn Jacob. I am assuming that Esau did, too. They were all Hebrews. There was a lot of history before the 12 tribes came along. They are all Hebrew. We are only dealing with the sons of Jacob in the 12 tribes. There were people all over that area that were Hebrew. The Bible only follows Jesus' ancestors. Of the 12 tribes, 11 of those were extended families. As the tribes break away from one another, only the House of Judah (and part of 2 others) is followed in the Bible.
Even if we assume that the only Hebrews in that part of the world at the time came from Adam and Eve, that still is a lot of Hebrews that are not of the 12 tribes.
I suppose it depends on what you mean by the term Hebrew. I was assuming it was the same as Israelite. It is true that all people on earth are descendants of Adam, God made a distinction between one group that we today call Jew or Israelite and all the rest which are now called Gentile. While it is true the term Jew originally meant only one tribe it has become the common name associated with the entire 12 tribes.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Its funny how bible believers have no idea about their heaven side of the afterlife, but are very familiar with their eternal torment hell beliefs side of it. Yet they are very dismissive of tbe testimonies of those who have had near death experiences and been in that other dimension, why when you have no idea yourself ?.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:48 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
it says that we will be relieved of the earthy interactions between the atom interactions that make us be "us". He called it the 'flesh", not bad for what he didn't know IMHO.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:12 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
People who sin are dead. The resurrection occurs when one believes in the son of God and does what is right and just. They rise from death to life. It is not speaking of a physical death and life but one of spirit.

As it is written;

"Observe what is right and do what is just for my salvation is near to attain, my justice about to be revealed, blessed is the man who does this the son of man who holds to it."

"All those who do good to the resurrection of life, the evildoers to the resurrection of condemnation."

I am the resurrection and the life.

Old 12-26-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
I suppose it depends on what you mean by the term Hebrew. I was assuming it was the same as Israelite. It is true that all people on earth are descendants of Adam, God made a distinction between one group that we today call Jew or Israelite and all the rest which are now called Gentile. While it is true the term Jew originally meant only one tribe it has become the common name associated with the entire 12 tribes.
The people were Hebrew. "Israelite" came along after Jacob became Israel. "Jew" came along after Judah, one of the 12 tribes, as did Judaism, but I think that was further toward the end of the house of Judah. Yes, I find it interesting that they all settled on a term from only one line. Our Bible only follows the house of Judah to its end. Jesus was a Jew because he came from the line of Judah.

Yes, I believe that God made a distinction between the Hebrews/Israelites/Jews when He chose Adam for the garden of Eden. However, I don't think we are all descendants of Adam and Eve.

When Cain was expelled from his family, he went into the land of Nod and knew his wife. Now, I am wondering if she was a Hebrew or if she was something else. I had always assumed she was a Hebrew. But now I wonder if she was something else. Adam and Eve could have been the foundation pair of the Hebrews instead of just a pair of Hebrews God chose. I'll have go bone up on my history a bit.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Its funny how bible believers have no idea about their heaven side of the afterlife, but are very familiar with their eternal torment hell beliefs side of it. Yet they are very dismissive of tbe testimonies of those who have had near death experiences and been in that other dimension, why when you have no idea yourself ?.
Oh, pcamps, you little agitator!

The discussion of hell, the eternal torment, has been taught by churches since there have been churches. I don't know if a Sunday went by when I was in church that they didn't talk about dying and going to hell. So, everyone has a very clear image of church's hell. Many of us here don't believe church's version. I cannot find it in the Bible.

Church's version of the afterlife is St. Peter standing at the pearly gates which open onto streets of gold lined with big mansions. I haven't believed that since I was 7. The Bible talks about being saved, everlasting life, a place of eternal life, but it doesn't describe that place by saying: the place of everlasting life will be....

As far as near-death experiences are concerned, I am not at all dismissive. I haven't found that many Christians that are. But a near-death experience still doesn't answer the questions that I have. The person that returns doesn't have the whole story and the person that doesn't, doesn't have a story at all.

Either way, you better get ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity