Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 07:35 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,790,675 times

Advertisements

How can you tell if someone has the light of life ?

Jesus said His followers could not walk in darkness because they would have the light of life.

What did Jesus say life is?

"I am the light of the world,no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life." (Jesus and the son of man)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 08:12 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,215,760 times
Be strong, Peacegiver. The answers will come.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:19 PM

"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

Now, what is it people who follow the son of man have that keeps them from the darkness?

So if it is the light of life that keeps them from darkness and the word of God is life then the light of life is the word of God.

Correct?

Old 12-30-2014, 08:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,929 times
Question How Can You Tell ?

Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 1John 4:15
Also we know that.....
4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.
5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.
6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him.
7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;
8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother. 1John1:4-10

Jesus said His followers could not walk in darkness because they would have the light of life.

Himself, Jesus Christ !!
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. John 14:6

Jesus also said,
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. John 10:10

You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever. Ps.16:11

"I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life." (Jesus and the son of man)

Now, what is it people who follow the son of man have that keeps them from the darkness?

The Light of the world, Jesus Christ !!
24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1John 3:24

So if it is the light of life that keeps them from darkness and the word of God is life then the light of life is the word of God.

Correct?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was God.

Jesus is the Word.

His Life spoke Truth into this world, which lights up, revealing and exposing the darkness, sin in ones life and to the world, amen !!!!

Blessings

Old 12-30-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 1John 4:15
Also we know that.....
4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.
5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.
6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him.
7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;
8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother. 1John1:4-10

Himself, Jesus Christ !!
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. John 14:6

Jesus also said,
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. John 10:10

You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever. Ps.16:11

"I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life." (Jesus and the son of man)

The Light of the world, Jesus Christ !!
24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1John 3:24

Correct?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was God.

Jesus is the Word.

His Life spoke Truth into this world, which lights up, revealing and exposing the darkness, sin in ones life and to the world, amen !!!!

Blessings
The son of man is the word. The word is the light.

Jesus said His followers are the light of the world. I am the light of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity