Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 08:35 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,028,547 times

Advertisements

This certain shouldn't surprise many of you, but I was reminded of this when I decided that I wanted to preview a movie that I thought my children would possibly see. My wife and I sat there and watched the movie, just completely shocked at the blatant anti-Christ subliminal message. That movie, believe it or not, was the Lego Movie. Immediately the plot of the movie became evident that this was one of those good vs. evil movie, but this one had a subtle twist to it. The evil one was called "Lord Business", a ruler who designed everything that existed in the Lego universe, who created a set of instructions for everyone living there to follow and he was planning on destroying the world. Sound familiar? It should. There are many other things that were evident in the movie, but this isn't a movie review.

This is to point out the clear and very strategic plan to influence young children to see Christianity as evil. We even see it in our school system where many anti-Christian philosophies and ideas are adopted and Christian's ones are not. I am curious how other parents on here guard their kids against these things and what your overall perception of how the world tries to influence the youth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 09:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,298,113 times
If this is the kind of thing you fret about, the rest of your life must be hummin' along pretty good.

Count yourself lucky.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:46 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,383,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
This certain shouldn't surprise many of you, but I was reminded of this when I decided that I wanted to preview a movie that I thought my children would possibly see. My wife and I sat there and watched the movie, just completely shocked at the blatant anti-Christ subliminal message. That movie, believe it or not, was the Lego Movie. Immediately the plot of the movie became evident that this was one of those good vs. evil movie, but this one had a subtle twist to it. The evil one was called "Lord Business", a ruler who designed everything that existed in the Lego universe, who created a set of instructions for everyone living there to follow and he was planning on destroying the world. Sound familiar? It should. There are many other things that were evident in the movie, but this isn't a movie review.

This is to point out the clear and very strategic plan to influence young children to see Christianity as evil. We even see it in our school system where many anti-Christian philosophies and ideas are adopted and Christian's ones are not. I am curious how other parents on here guard their kids against these things and what your overall perception of how the world tries to influence the youth.
I will confess that when my kids were little I did little censoring. However, I did a lot of talking and explaining. For example when watching monster flicks I always told them monsters were not real.

I allowed my daughters to ply with Barbie dolls too. And a neighbor found out and did not allow her daughter to come to my home because I allowed Barbie dolls. The neighbor was concerned about the sexulaity of the dolls. To make the story short: My daughters grew up just fine. My neighbor's daughter got pregnant in high school.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:00 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,250,171 times
Well now I have got to see the LEGO movie. I'll be very surprised if I can detect anything anti-Christian in it. Some Christians find the anti-Christ in virtually everything. Did you try to see Christ in the movie?

Old 01-12-2015, 12:43 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,569,093 times
I think I would tell my kids----"see, never let the government or a president to tell you what morals are." Only God can give us morals to follow and the Ten Commandments are the good rules to follow.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:54 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,028,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Well now I have got to see the LEGO movie. I'll be very surprised if I can detect anything anti-Christian in it. Some Christians find the anti-Christ in virtually everything. Did you try to see Christ in the movie?
You aleady have your mind made up. You are drawing conclusions before you have even seen the movie. How can we take any opinion you have seriously. If anything you are already being presumptuous.

Old 01-12-2015, 04:02 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,415,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Lego teaches kids to be creative....... Got to be of the devil

Old 01-12-2015, 05:14 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,710,938 times
Quote:

Yes that does sound familiar, as well as evil. Sounds like a good lesson they are teaching. I probably won't see the movie, but it sounds interesting.

When I was raising my children, as an agnostic, I tried to insulate them from things I thought was wrong, primarily racism and bigotry. They learned to accept all people and to defend the defenseless, which include those of other races, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientation. If this is anti-Christian, I am guilty.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:27 AM

88,894 posts, read 85,409,710 times
Quote:

Maybe it's a little early in the morning, but I'm not getting the anti -Christian angle from what you wrote above. Can you expound upon what you meant?

Old 01-12-2015, 05:36 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,250,171 times
Apparently some Christians thought highly of the film:

Christian Reviewers Praise the Lego Movie: 'Good Conversation Starter'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity