Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 01:58 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Here is a fact for you:

Do Not Judge

3"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

4"Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?

5"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.…

That has been done--and I am not the one personally judging--facts have judged them as false. I share the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 02:07 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I'm no longer a Catholic, I simply have some vague spiritual yearnings. I posted the article in case the Christians here might be interested.

It's free online, without that particular commentary. The Shepherd of Hermas (Roberts-Donaldson translation)

Yeah ........ aren't you a Jehovah's Witness? You people believe that Christ has already returned some time back in the 50s, but is invisible because it was a spiritual return........ right? Or do I remember wrongly?

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Good advice--- you are incorrect about what The JW,s teach.
The presence occurred here at rev 6--see he receives his crown.) Matt 24:37--1Cor 15:23--2Peter 3:4)
the first ride of the white horse( righteous war) the war in heaven--satan and his angels defeated and cast to the earth( explained at rev 12, but occurred at rev 6))( 1914-1919)-- Jesus sat on his throne --Gods kingdom in full control of heaven forever( no more satan allowed in heaven)--many events occur in Rev after this prior to the second ride at Har-mageddon. when Gods kingdom comes to the earth to rule forever.(that is the presence, rule in heaven)the generation that saw the start of the presence will see the second ride--they are very old--it is almost done.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:59 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
I though I'd go check out the basic JW scheme of things, kjw47, so I looked around Google to see what I could see.
Quote:
Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society publications have made a series of predictions about Christ's Second Coming and the advent of God's Kingdom, each of which has gone unfulfilled. Almost all the predictions for 1878, 1881, 1914, 1918 and 1925 were later reinterpreted as a confirmation of the eschatological framework of the Bible Student movement and Jehovah's Witnesses, with many of the predicted events viewed as having taken place invisibly. Further expectations were held for the arrival of Armageddon in 1975, but resulted in a later apology to members from the society's leadership.......... Watch Tower Society unfulfilled predictions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So there's no need to come on to a Catholic thread to hurl stones from your glass Watchtower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity