Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 07:30 AM

1,100 posts, read 796,438 times

Advertisements

Revelations 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

There is a preaching of receiving "another" baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues, but this kind of tongue does not come with interpretation wherein because of it, believers think it is a prayer language but it is NOT, so you need His help to discern the kind of tongues that you have to shun it when it is not God's gift of tongues of other men's lips to speak unto the people.

This is the tongue that believers can discern of for committing spiritual fornication for chasing after a sign.

Matthew 12:39But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

This has everything to do with being found abiding in Him and ready to meet the Bridegroom.

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

To receive Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit again after a sign, even the sign of tongues, is preaching another gospel.

The will of God is to pray without ceasing and for you in giving thanks which means He is not a hypocrite to be interrupting you in your prayer & thanksgiving to Him with babbling nonsense.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.......21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

Trust Jesus Christ as your personal Good Shepherd to help you to see that the will of the devil is to tempt you away from doing the will of God so if you felt that spirit coming over you & filling you when you have been a believer for quite some time just to make you speak in tongues that does not come with interpretation, that is not of Him at all.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world....4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness....24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

This is the falling away from the faith that Paul was talking about when he had to remind believers when they had received the sanctification of the Spirit & the belief of the truth by the hearing of the gospel.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

This is why wayward believers are sometimes disorderly in these "movements of the 'Spirit' ", but in spite of the risk of damnation of being left behind, and thus castaways to become vessels unto dishonour in His House, they are still our saved brothers, and we are to admonish them as such in the hopes that God will lead them to repentance in the knowledge of the Truth. Note how Paul is still talking about the apostates.

2 Thessalonians 3:1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;.........14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

So the obvious movements that are disorderly like the Toronto Blessings, Pensacola Outpouring, & the holy laughter where believers are falling down in seeking to receive the Holy Spirit after a sign, should be taletelling that those that seek to receive the Holy Spirit by a sign of tongues have "fallen" for this lie too.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

This is the hypocrisey that believers will become reprobates by when they acknowledge that the Holy Spirit is in them by faith in Jesus Christ and yet seek to receive Him again after a sign, but God has given space to call them to repentance from chasing after those spirits for a sign and to pray normally so that they may know what they had prayed for and give the Father thanks in Jesus's name for answered prayers.

The real indwelling Holy Spirit will keep your eyes on the Son; it is the seducing spirits as in the spirits of the antichrist that will "instead" take your eyes off of the Son to chasing after them for a sign.

Trust the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Good Shepherd to guide you through the Holy Spirit in you to keep your eyes on the Son of God because the Bridegroom will be coming soon for the ready & abiding bride of Christ. Don't be caught out in the market place still seeking to fill your lamps & thus get left behind as castaways to be received later on of the second inheritance as vessels unto dishonour in His House.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 12:01 PM
Zur

949 posts, read 831,019 times
There are foolish virgins and wise virgins. The foolish speak nonsense, their talk is the babblings in 1.Tim 6:20 and 2.Tim 2:16+17. their word will eat as a cancer, they err concerning the truth, they proclaim proudly, here they say that babblings are the tongues, but they know not what the Holy Spirit is and are in danger of sinning against the Holy Spirit. May God have mercy on them.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
There are foolish virgins and wise virgins. The foolish speak nonsense, their talk is the babblings in 1.Tim 6:20 and 2.Tim 2:16+17. their word will eat as a cancer, they err concerning the truth, they proclaim proudly, here they say that babblings are the tongues, but they know not what the Holy Spirit is and are in danger of sinning against the Holy Spirit. May God have mercy on them.
The unforgiveable sin is continually resisting the Holy Spirit by not believing in Jesus Christ. Do note verse 33 below as Jesus offers the way out for those that oppose believing in Him to scatter those away from Him.

Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. 33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. 34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Therefore; the sin of not believing in Him and thereby scattering people from Jesus Christ and doing so unto death with never having believed in Him is the unforgiveable sin they will die in.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Although believers are not committing the unforgiveable sin against the Holy Ghost since they believe, believers can grieve the Holy Spirit by defiling their bodies which is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil. 28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

God is calling the wayward believers that have gone astray at the church at Thyatira, & they have been given space to repent of this spiritual fornication and from speaking the depths of Satan brought on by it.

So God is calling believers to repentance by looking to Jesus as their Good Shepherd for help to depart from iniquity: this will include those that have chased after other spirits in receiving them after a sign. Jesus will help them to overcome them since He is greater within them than any spirit in the world and Jesus will help them to shun vain and profane babblings to pray normally so that they can do the will of God in giving thanks to the Father in Jesus's name.

While the door is open to the Marriage Supper, may God be peradventuring to recover some from this snare of the devil just in time before the Bridegroom comes.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:01 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
I think Christianity should change it's name to OR ELSE

Old 02-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Zur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I think Christianity should change it's name to OR ELSE
When Jesus Christ walked this earth the religious people came against Him and finally they killed Him. Jesus send the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of God and His Christ. Now some religious Christians come against the true Vicar of Christ. It is a spiritual battle in the unseen world. The God of this world does not fear unbelievers or religious people, but them that know their God and have the power of the Holy Spirit. In fact the whole battle is about souls, not about religion or who is right or wrong. We are all wrong, especially the ones that claim to tell us the truth, and only the truth, they are not humble at all. God seeks people that submit to Him and follow Him in Spirit and Truth. There is an enemy that makes the trouble, not only in the world, but also in the Church, but praise God we can overcome in Christ Jesus and He will create a new Heaven and earth, which is perfect. Make sure, you are in His kingdom. Do not look at people or think you can find truth in the internet. The whole world is infected and it does not get better, but worth. Seek God and His righteousness.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:02 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
When Jesus Christ walked this earth the religious people came against Him and finally they killed Him. Jesus send the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of God and His Christ. Now some religious Christians come against the true Vicar of Christ. It is a spiritual battle in the unseen world. The God of this world does not fear unbelievers or religious people, but them that know their God and have the power of the Holy Spirit. In fact the whole battle is about souls, not about religion or who is right or wrong. We are all wrong, especially the ones that claim to tell us the truth, and only the truth, they are not humble at all. God seeks people that submit to Him and follow Him in Spirit and Truth. There is an enemy that makes the trouble, not only in the world, but also in the Church, but praise God we can overcome in Christ Jesus and He will create a new Heaven and earth, which is perfect. Make sure, you are in His kingdom. Do not look at people or think you can find truth in the internet. The whole world is infected and it does not get better, but worth. Seek God and His righteousness.
Or Else, as per the OP

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 02-17-2015 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: adding.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:41 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Or Else, as per the OP
Well, that's implied. We just assume it's a given.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
When Jesus Christ walked this earth the religious people came against Him and finally they killed Him. Jesus send the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of God and His Christ. Now some religious Christians come against the true Vicar of Christ. It is a spiritual battle in the unseen world. .
I am not finding any scripture referring to the Holy Spirit as the true Vicar of Christ nor as His Christ.

Unless I misundertsood you, the definition for vicar hardly comes close to the role of the Holy Spirit as "replacing Christ". The Son of God is still the Christ; and the only Christ.

The definition of antichrist is "instead of Christ" or to be clearer still; "instead of the Son".

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

As the Good Shepherd speaks to us through the Holy Spirit as the Holy Spirit will remind us of all things He has said unto us, our response as the bride is back to the Bridegroom; the Son of God because He is the Christ.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:56 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
I am not finding any scripture referring to the Holy Spirit as the true Vicar of Christ nor as His Christ.

Unless I misundertsood you, the definition for vicar hardly comes close to the role of the Holy Spirit as "replacing Christ". The Son of God is still the Christ; and the only Christ.

I agree.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:13 AM
Zur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post

The definition of antichrist is "instead of Christ" or to be clearer still; "instead of the Son".

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

As the Good Shepherd speaks to us through the Holy Spirit as the Holy Spirit will remind us of all things He has said unto us, our response as the bride is back to the Bridegroom; the Son of God because He is the Christ.
The Pope says that he is the Vicar of Christ. I do not deny that Jesus is the Christ. Jesus send the Holy Spirit in His place to earth, to be our teacher, comforter, advocat, power of God, His presence that is with us and in us. The Holy Spirit is to us the same what Jesus was to His disciples.

Jesus is in Heaven and we wait for Him to come back, but he said that He did not leave us alone, by sending the Holy Spirit He is with us till the end of this eon.

You want to proof that millions of believers that speak in tongues have the wrong spirit, by seeking another spirit, right? What about Paul, he spoke much in tongues, but not in church.

This issue came up in the beginning of the 20th century after Asusa Street and in Germany the church declared in the "Berliner Erklaerung", the declaration, that this was not of the Spirit of God, but of the devil. If I have understood your post, you said the same in other words. Do you realize to say that is very dangerous. You have never spoken in tongues, how do you know what they are?
Today this have not only Pentecostals expirienced, but Catholics, Baptist etc. I know many of them that have not even asked for it. I know a brother, he spoke in tongues, when he received Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour and his congregation was opposed to speaking in tongues. I have heard that the Holy Spirit came upon a whole congregation in the US, they also were opposed to it, but many began to speak in tongues. In this light, your argument fails. But the bible itself says that we should ask Jesus to give as the Holy Spirit, there is nothing wrong with it, God does not give us something bad. I can testify that speaking in tongues is good and profitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity