Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 08:07 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Here's why the partial pre trib rapture is Biblical.

Jesus had taught excommunication of those believers astray for the church to follow.

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

Jesus acknowledges the little ones as His sheep still even though they have gone astray. He expounded on this truth on the necessity to excommunicate an unrepentant saved believer that had gone astray.

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

So what will happen when a church fails to excommunicate a believer astray? God will do it when the Bridegroom comes at the pre trib rapture event.

Why at the Marriage Supper?

Paul had explained further o what excommunication serves;

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Kind of reminds me symbolically of what God will use the great tribulation for. Reading on to see why God would have this as necessary for the Marriage Supper.

1 Corinthians 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

So as God teaches the church to follow, so will God do. We can trust Him to keep the souls of His saints that get left behind to suffer the coming fire on the earth & the subsequent great tribulation.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Like the prodigal son, saved believers will lose their first inheritance to wild living, but though they can never get that moment & that inheritance back, they will return to Him and find that they are still His.

So while the door to the Marriage Supper is still open, may every believer and even former believers having His seal, look to Jesus Christ for help in departing from iniquity before the Bridegroom comes.
The RAPTURE fantasy is pure, unadulterated bogus claptrap. And I can prove it.......

In the mid-19th century, heresy abounded in America. One of the chief adulterers of the Bible was John Nelson Darby. During that period, Darby published a book on Dispensationalism. The tome had two objectives; to present a linear perspective of history regarding the separation of the dispensation of law and the dispensation of grace at the historic event of the cross (error #1 - there is NO such division)(1), and to provide some organized explanation of the millennium (2). Darby added a bit of personal dramatic flair to his pre-millennialist concept by inventing the RAPTURE idea. It became immensely popular with the masses. When Cyrus Scofield got hold of the idea, he too was 'enraptured' with it and inserted references into his famous study Bible.

In point of fact, THE RAPTURE theory is full of inconsistencies and totally unBiblical. Christ WILL return a 2nd time, but there will be no mass evacuation as envisaged by Hollywood or preachers with no other subject to titillate the ears of their congregation. It is a demonic perversion of the gospel. Nothing less.

It is said that a man is known by the company he keeps. If true, then the reader should consider that at one time John Nelson Darby was the consort of WITCHES. Can anything good come of such fellowship?

Finally it should be pointed out that JESUS said the rapture WOULD NOT HAPPEN as it was presented by Darby.

"My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one."
- John 17:15

What part of NOT does the reader NOT understand?

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

(1) Law and grace work together to enable the redemption of man. Always has been so and always will be so. The law is necessary to convict of sin, while grace is necessary to cleanse. They work hand in glove. Without the law, there would be no forgiveness. Without grace, the law is ineffective. With both the love of God grows great in the heart and mind of man.

(2) In the 1850's there were 3 different perspectives of the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Pre-Millennialism holds that Christ will return to earth prior to his 1,000 year reign. Post-Millennialism, or utopianism belief held that Christ would return after Christianity swept the planet. 20th century wars killed that idea. A-millenialism holds that the reign of Christ happens in heaven, never on earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 08:29 AM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
The RAPTURE fantasy is pure, unadulterated bogus claptrap. And I can prove it.......

In the mid-19th century, heresy abounded in America. One of the chief adulterers of the Bible was John Nelson Darby. During that period, Darby published a book on Dispensationalism. The tome had two objectives; to present a linear perspective of history regarding the separation of the dispensation of law and the dispensation of grace at the historic event of the cross (error #1 - there is NO such division)(1), and to provide some organized explanation of the millennium (2). Darby added a bit of personal dramatic flair to his pre-millennialist concept by inventing the RAPTURE idea. It became immensely popular with the masses. When Cyrus Scofield got hold of the idea, he too was 'enraptured' with it and inserted references into his famous study Bible.

In point of fact, THE RAPTURE theory is full of inconsistencies and totally unBiblical. Christ WILL return a 2nd time, but there will be no mass evacuation as envisaged by Hollywood or preachers with no other subject to titillate the ears of their congregation. It is a demonic perversion of the gospel. Nothing less.

It is said that a man is known by the company he keeps. If true, then the reader should consider that at one time John Nelson Darby was the consort of WITCHES. Can anything good come of such fellowship?

Finally it should be pointed out that JESUS said the rapture WOULD NOT HAPPEN as it was presented by Darby.

"My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one."
- John 17:15

What part of NOT does the reader NOT understand?

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

(1) Law and grace work together to enable the redemption of man. Always has been so and always will be so. The law is necessary to convict of sin, while grace is necessary to cleanse. They work hand in glove. Without the law, there would be no forgiveness. Without grace, the law is ineffective. With both the love of God grows great in the heart and mind of man.

(2) In the 1850's there were 3 different perspectives of the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Pre-Millennialism holds that Christ will return to earth prior to his 1,000 year reign. Post-Millennialism, or utopianism belief held that Christ would return after Christianity swept the planet. 20th century wars killed that idea. A-millenialism holds that the reign of Christ happens in heaven, never on earth.
No, you absolutely cannot prove that the rapture is fantasy. And you have taken John 17:15 out of context. It has nothing to do with the rapture of the Church.

What do YOU not understand (I'm sure that I have told you this before) that the rapture is spoken of in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17? In 4:17 the phrase 'caught up' is translated from the Greek word harpazó. The Latin translates harpazó as rapturo from which we get the word rapture. So the word rapture refers to the catching up of the church which Paul speaks of in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17.

It's amazing that anyone believes that Darby invented the rapture when the Bible clearly speaks of it.

Last edited by Michael Way; 02-20-2015 at 08:38 AM..

Old 02-20-2015, 02:27 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Wow. Joseph Smith would be proud of this interpretation of Matthew 18.
Did Mike get it out of a hat???...

Old 02-20-2015, 02:32 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
You dismissed castaway as used in 1 Corinthians 9:27 as an error by the KJV translators. Let's see that.

1st Corinthians Chapter 9 - King James Bible With Strong's Dictionary - Bible Software by johnhurt.com

Scroll down to verse 27 and click on the last two Greek texts mirroring that verse to confirm these definitions.

1Co 9:27 but I chastise my body, and bring it into servitude, lest by any means, having preached to others--I myself may become disapproved.

1Co 9:27 but I buffet my body and lead it captive, lest proclaiming to others I myself might be disapproved.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

1Co 9:27 But I treat my body roughly, and I bring it into subjection, lest, having preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Last edited by Richard1965; 02-20-2015 at 02:45 PM..

Old 02-20-2015, 09:50 PM

1,146 posts, read 649,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, you absolutely cannot prove that the rapture is fantasy. And you have taken John 17:15 out of context. It has nothing to do with the rapture of the Church.

What do YOU not understand (I'm sure that I have told you this before) that the rapture is spoken of in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17? In 4:17 the phrase 'caught up' is translated from the Greek word harpazó. The Latin translates harpazó as rapturo from which we get the word rapture. So the word rapture refers to the catching up of the church which Paul speaks of in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17.

It's amazing that anyone believes that Darby invented the rapture when the Bible clearly speaks of it.
The RAPTURE as a word or term does not appear anywhere in the Bible. You can't quote chapter and verse about it because it simply isn't there. Inventing linguistic interpretations to justify it doesn't work either.

The RAPTURE as a dogma does not appear anywhere in history - except American history by the way - it never appeared in any other country before America. It's an Americanized heresy born in the mid 19th century right here in the US of A. Study HISTORY. Study the BIBLE. It simply isn't there prior to the 1850's. It appeared out of thin air. Without justification of any kind except religious hysteria.

Supporters of Darby's false message have been quoting scripture to support his bogus fantasy ever since. Just because Darby's disciples can quote scripture doesn't make them right.

Joseph Goebbels quoted lots of scripture to prove the superiority of the Aryan race and its justification of genocide of Jews. That didn't make him right either, but lots of German Christians bought it because it sounded good to them. Same is true for Darby's rubbish about the Rapture.

Satan quoted scripture to Jesus. It was accurate half-truth and just as wicked as Darby's half-truth's about the Rapture.

As I said before, a man is known by the company he keeps and Darby was the consort of witches. The Rapture is a lie of the devil.

JESUS prayed to the father and asked him NOT to take his disciples out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. If YOU are going to take bits and pieces of scripture out of context, as Darby did, then you cannot justify an argument opposing the word of the Son of God in this.

Which part of NOT do you NOT understand? Is Jesus a liar because his words oppose Darby's satanic revelations? Do some real reading about this subject and get your head out of the muck of nineteenth century science fiction.

It is harder to convince a man he's been lied to, than to con him into a lie in the first place.

The rapture theory is unBiblical for other reasons as well.
- It does not contribute to the efficacy of the church. There's nothing of substance in it whatsoever.
- It is divisive. Many church organizations in Europe and Africa have denied it because of this fact.
- It is illogical. There are so many inconsistencies in the theory that it isn't even good fiction.
- It is an American invention. The theory never appears anywhere in church history in any country other than America - the land of Mickey Mouse and Star Trek. Do American heretics have a handle on the Bible that nobody else in history or any other country on the planet ever had? You go too far if you believe this one.

The rapture theory cannot be accepted except by huge leaps of logic that require suspension of disbelief - the same methodology used by carnival hypnotists and Hollywood producers (who've produced a few movies on the subject - need I say more?).

The rapture theory is not Biblical. No one has ever advanced it without appeals to out of context quotations and shabby attempts at linguistic manipulations - methods in and of themselves questionable. To deny the rapture seems to be unAmerican and unPatriotic as well because it was cooked up here. What it really is - is original American heresy.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 02-20-2015 at 09:59 PM..

Old 02-20-2015, 09:56 PM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
The RAPTURE as a word or term does not appear anywhere in the Bible. You can't quote chapter and verse about it because it simply isn't there. Inventing linguistic interpretations to justify it doesn't work either.

The RAPTURE as a dogma does not appear anywhere in history - except American history by the way - it never appeared in any other country before America. It's an Americanized heresy born in the mid 19th century right here in the US of A. Study HISTORY. Study the BIBLE. It simply isn't there prior to the 1850's. It appeared out of thin air. Without justification of any kind except religious hysteria.

Supporters of Darby's false message have been quoting scripture to support his bogus fantasy ever since. Just because Darby's disciples can quote scripture doesn't make them right.

Joseph Goebbels quoted lots of scripture to prove the superiority of the Aryan race and its justification of genocide of Jews. That didn't make him right either, but lots of German Christians bought it because it sounded good to them. Same is true for Darby's rubbish about the Rapture.

Satan quoted scripture to Jesus. It was accurate half-truth and just as wicked as Darby's half-truth's about the Rapture.

As I said before, a man is known by the company he keeps and Darby was the consort of witches. The Rapture is a lie of the devil.

JESUS prayed to the father and asked him NOT to take his disciples out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. If YOU are going to take bits and pieces of scripture out of context, as Darby did, then you cannot justify an argument opposing the word of the Son of God in this.

Which part of NOT do you NOT understand? Is Jesus a liar because his words oppose Darby's satanic revelations? Do some real reading about this subject and get your head out of the muck of nineteenth century science fiction.

It is harder to convince a man he's been lied to, than to con him into a lie in the first place.

The rapture theory is unBiblical for other reasons as well.
- It does not contribute to the efficacy of the church. There's nothing of substance in it whatsoever.
- It is divisive. Many church organizations in Europe and Africa have denied it because of this fact.
- It is illogical. There are so many inconsistencies in the theory that it isn't even good fiction.
- It is an American invention. The theory never appears anywhere in church history in any country other than America - the land of Mickey Mouse and Star Trek. Do American heretics have a handle on the Bible that nobody else in history or any other country on the planet ever had? You go too far if you believe this one.

The rapture theory is not Biblical and no one has ever advanced it without appeals to out of context quotations and shabby attempts at linguistic manipulations - methods in and of themselves questionable.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Again, the word 'rapture' is taken from the Latin word 'rapturo' which is the Latin translation of the Greek word harpazó in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. The catching up of the church mentioned in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 is the event which is commonly referred to as the rapture of the church. It is Biblical. This is not difficult to understand. One has to purposely keep his eyes closed in order not to see that.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
And, Satan's name is Lucifer?
Which is nothing more than a dim-light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity