Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 04:26 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times

Advertisements

I have my doubts... Not enough global appeal/sexy enough for the masses to attach themselves to it, but there are certainly a good number of self proclaimed Christians that seem to think it is. What say you?

Old 02-19-2015, 04:29 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I have my doubts... Not enough global appeal/sexy enough for the masses to attach themselves to it, but there are certainly a good number of self proclaimed Christians that seem to think it is. What say you?
The Bible really doesn't say. I agree that many may think it is..but that doesn't mean it is. Sadly, many Christians treat the Book of Revelation as if it's a code book to decipher, so we get all sorts of crazy notions based on it.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:48 PM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
If you're asking if the antichrist will have Islamic origins, Daniel 9:26 indicates that the 'prince who is to come,' - the antichrist, who Paul refers to as 'the man of lawlessness' in 2 Thessalonians 2, will have European origins.
Dan. 9:26 "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.
It was the Romans who destroyed Jerusalem and the temple. The antichrist or 'prince who is to come' will arise from the revived Roman Empire. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking however.

When the Church is raptured there will be great confusion and panic in the world. The 'antichrist' will have the leadership ability, aided by Satan, to restore order in the world by whatever means. He will then sign a covenant with the many (Dan. 9:27), - a peace treaty with Israel which will mark the beginning of the Tribulation.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:31 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
What say I? I say we don't need a thread in the Christianity forum to bash Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity