Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 09:27 PM

13 posts, read 15,307 times

Advertisements

The true gospel is not preached in the majority of churches nor by the majority of preachers in the media!

Countless millions of "Christians" believe, even at this very moment, that reciting a sinners prayer, "trusting in Christ" and going to "church" on Sunday and singing to songs to God will assure their salvation. Many think they will be saved because they tithe, speak in tongues or witness to people they meet.

Jesus and the Word of God make it very clear: That will not assure your salvation!

Matthew 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

If you consider yourself a Christian, yet enjoy the pleasures of the world and willfully continue to commit sins (even internal sinful thoughts), you are deceived! True repentance and conversion is evident by the putting to death the ways of the flesh. If you still are a slave to the ways of the flesh, then you were never truly converted. You might as well just stop calling yourself a Christian and stop attending church because it is not benefiting you. God is not fooled by your fake "faith".

Not only that, but God makes it clear that you should not even be allowed in the church:

1 Corinthians 5:9-13
9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church[b] whom you are to judge? 13 God judges[c] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.

If your "church" and your "pastor" has not made this crystal clear to you, then they are as lost as could be. They are either ignorant of the Bible, love their sin, or are swindling you for your silly tithe money while enjoying unBiblical positions of power and respect over you.

Repent/turn from your wickedness my brothers and sisters!

Watch these video for more information that will lead you to salvation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I-pC56IPaA

http://youtu.be/Z8o1MEz2xFk

Matthew 7
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 09:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Another one.

Oh joy.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Another one.

Oh joy.
What do you have against the Word of God?

Old 02-19-2015, 09:42 PM

125 posts, read 103,456 times
Hello Hezakial Malanoch,

We are not saved by whether we live sinless lives(which we cant) but are saved by believing in the Gospel,

(1Cor 15:1-4)Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The moment we truly believe we are sealed and safe in God's hand,

(Eph 1:13)in whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

God's Holy Spirit then works through us to sanctify us through His Spirit and written word, the KJV Bible,

(John 17:17) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

We do need to repent, but its grace alone by faith alone that saves! Put your faith on Jesus Christ and His finished work at the cross and NOT on your flesh!

God Bless

Old 02-19-2015, 09:59 PM

A true conversion is proven by works. The works of first, repenting/turning from sin. You notice how I use a "/" to separate repenting and turning from sin instead of "repenting and turning from sin"? That is because they are one and the same thing. You do not understand the meaning of the word repentance.

James 2
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[b] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! 20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 02-19-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTruthandLife View Post
Hello Hezakial Malanoch,
We are not saved by whether we live sinless lives(which we cant) but are saved by believing in the Gospel,
If you want to believe that nonsense and compromise yourself into slavery and death, then you are given that option. We are to be a holy people and priests unto God.

Yes, the possibility of sin still exists for the saints, yet they will never choose it willingly.
It is possible through the Holy Spirit if you walk by the Spirit instead of by the flesh.

-----------------------------------------------

1 Peter 2
So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. 2 Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation— 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.

4 As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For it stands in Scripture:

“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone,
a cornerstone chosen and precious,
and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”
7 So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe,

“The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”[a]
8 and

“A stone of stumbling,
and a rock of offense.”
They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.

9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

11 Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. 12 Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.

-------------------------------------

"For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin—because anyone who has died has been freed from sin." (Rom. 6:6-7)

-------------------------------

"For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." (Rom. 6:14)

--------------------------------

"But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness." (Rom. 6:17-18)

"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life." (Rom. 6:22)

----------------------------------------------

"No one who lives in [Jesus] keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him." (1 John 3:6)

------------------------------------------------

"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." (1 John 3:9)

-----------------------------------------------------

"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God." (Heb. 10:26-27)

------------------------------------------------

"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?" (Rom. 6:1-2)

---------------------------------------------------

2 Cor. 1:12 - Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, in the holiness and sincerity that are from God. We have done so not according to worldly wisdom but according to God's grace.

------------------------------------------------------

1 Thess. 2:10 - You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.

---------------------------------

Matthew 5:13
“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.

-------------------------------------

Matthew 6:23
“The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, 23 but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

------------------------------------------

If you continue to preach your empty form of salvation to people, you will be subject to greater condemnation my friend

Last edited by Hezakial Malanoch; 02-19-2015 at 10:19 PM..

Old 02-19-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezakial Malanoch View Post
A true conversion is proven by works. The works of first, repenting/turning from sin. You notice how I use a "/" to separate repenting and turning from sin instead of "repenting and turning from sin"? That is because they are one and the same thing. You do not understand the meaning of the word repentance.

James 2
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[b] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! 20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hezakial Malanoch,

James wrote of justification in the sight of man, but Paul wrote of justification in the sight of God,

(Rom 5:1)Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Your good works comes about from your new birth,

(2Cor 5:17)Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Quote:
The works of first, repenting/turning from sin.
No, come to the Lord as you are. Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.

Do you think you are sinless, Hezakial?

Old 02-19-2015, 10:21 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezakial Malanoch View Post
Not only that, but God makes it clear that you should not even be allowed in the church:

1 Corinthians 5:9-13
9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church[b] whom you are to judge? 13 God judges[c] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.

If your "church" and your "pastor" has not made this crystal clear to you, then they are as lost as could be. They are either ignorant of the Bible, love their sin, or are swindling you for your silly tithe money while enjoying unBiblical positions of power and respect over you.

Repent/turn from your wickedness my brothers and sisters!.
One cannot help to notice the underlined part. The internet version of an oft visited page, and if that book is dropped, it falls open to the good stuff. :O

Those Corinthians must have been something. They were so bad, and out of control they were the subject of this flurry of letters, and some letters were published.

The underlining speaks to a certain obsessiveness, and rumination mostly about the sex lives of others.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
If you want to believe that nonsense and compromise yourself into slavery and death, then you are given that option. We are to be a holy people and priests unto God.
The "nonsense" that Paul preached on the method of salvation?

Here it is again in case you missed it the first time,

(1Cor 15:1-4)Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

You do realize that this is the Gospel dont you?

Also Romans 10:9 says,

that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Its "nonsense" to you because 1Cor 1:18 says,

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:30 PM

Twist twist twist.

(2Cor 5:17)Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Is this what it always must come to? - "Do you think you are sinless, Hezakial?"

Am I a hypocrite if I say with a clear conscience that I am one of the saints? I lean on the Spirit and have put to death the ways of the flesh.

I will not consider myself a slave to sin as you would have the saints do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity