Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 09:40 AM

28,104 posts, read 30,010,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBradu View Post
I dont understand what I've done to deserve being born black but I'd like other black Christians to answer my questions as I dont understand how they can wrap their arms around a religion when God has flat out said that Isrealities are the chosen people and light colors are angellic, dark colors arent. He doesnt love us all the same and if he loves us at all, blacks are at the bottom. Dont give me that "he loves us all equally" bull****
It's too bad the rules of this forum permit anybody to respond, because you clearly don't want to be told that God loves us all equally -- which He does. It sounds to me as if you personally have some major issues with being black, which is unfortunate. At any rate, I hope your rant made you feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 11:30 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,999,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Just a quick note FYI: Mormons use the KJV of the Bible.
Not all of them, perhaps not the ones you have attended or you currently attend. Some use a book that is similar to the Bible but has additional things that were added on. That is what I was referring to. I believe it's called the Book of Mormon.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:34 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,253,358 times
Quote:
As a black person, one of the things that prevents me from "fully" wrapping my arms around Christianity is the fact that I was born black

- Why is it that God made us the most different looking race? Why couldnt we have just been like everyone else?

- Why is it that the Bible says that light/fairer colors are angellic and good yet make us the darkest race? Considering that the fairest skin races are on top of the world (Europeans/Asians), he said that Isrealities are the chosen people and blacks are at the bottom of society, does God love blacks significantly less than other groups, if he even loves us at all?

- We are the bottom of society. Every race, every culture, every ethnic group looks down on us. Europeans, Asians, Middle Easterners, Indians, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, Jews all see us as subhuman, lower than dogs. We are easily the most hated people in the world so you'd think that the black race (most of whom are Christian) would have a little bit more good fortune, right?

I dont understand what I've done to deserve being born black but I'd like other black Christians to answer my questions as I dont understand how they can wrap their arms around a religion when God has flat out said that Isrealities are the chosen people and light colors are angellic, dark colors arent. He doesnt love us all the same and if he loves us at all, blacks are at the bottom. Dont give me that "he loves us all equally" bull****
Easy on yourself. There are many races and ALL are equally different from each other.

As a person of color, I would think the more difficult aspect would be embracing a RELIGION that was used to commit so many atrocities against so many people who were not WHITE.

The evangelical religion was used to drive the indigenous peoples of America nearly to extinction (first Columbus the Invader then Europeans)

Then they went after the Blacks, then the Asians and later the Mexicans, and anyone of "dark skin" taught in many evangelical institutions to be of the cursed linage of Cain. Soem have even gone so far as to translate ADAM as meaning "white." ROFLMAO! How many "white"people are indigenous to the middle eastern region? And I believe that Joseph, Davis and a few others had wives who were women of color from Norther Africa / Somalia region. Today, it has come back to the Arabs /Middle Eastern people--if what I heard on the local christian radio station is any indication, if "war" doesn't happen, the evangelicals here will make it happen.

I would find peace in God, not religion. People have a way to twisting religion for their own benefit and satisfaction.

Remember who is the biggest promoters of religion in this country--old white men (and now a few women who are still subservient to man). God on the other hand, is in now was beholding to any race, culture, or gender..

Old 05-07-2015, 03:52 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,253,327 times
Quote:
As a black person, one of the things that prevents me from "fully" wrapping my arms around Christianity is the fact that I was born black

- Why is it that God made us the most different looking race? Why couldnt we have just been like everyone else?

- Why is it that the Bible says that light/fairer colors are angellic and good yet make us the darkest race? Considering that the fairest skin races are on top of the world (Europeans/Asians), he said that Isrealities are the chosen people and blacks are at the bottom of society, does God love blacks significantly less than other groups, if he even loves us at all?

- We are the bottom of society. Every race, every culture, every ethnic group looks down on us. Europeans, Asians, Middle Easterners, Indians, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, Jews all see us as subhuman, lower than dogs. We are easily the most hated people in the world so you'd think that the black race (most of whom are Christian) would have a little bit more good fortune, right?

Doesn't reality suggest that Jesus was dark-skinned? Don't buy into the stupidity of humans. From what I've read, the light skinned Europeans evolved from darker skinned people. Maybe white people are the ones who look different.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:54 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,253,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Easy on yourself. There are many races and ALL are equally different from each other.

As a person of color, I would think the more difficult aspect would be embracing a RELIGION that was used to commit so many atrocities against so many people who were not WHITE.

The evangelical religion was used to drive the indigenous peoples of America nearly to extinction (first Columbus the Invader then Europeans)

Then they went after the Blacks, then the Asians and later the Mexicans, and anyone of "dark skin" taught in many evangelical institutions to be of the cursed linage of Cain. Soem have even gone so far as to translate ADAM as meaning "white." ROFLMAO! How many "white"people are indigenous to the middle eastern region? And I believe that Joseph, Davis and a few others had wives who were women of color from Norther Africa / Somalia region. Today, it has come back to the Arabs /Middle Eastern people--if what I heard on the local christian radio station is any indication, if "war" doesn't happen, the evangelicals here will make it happen.

I would find peace in God, not religion. People have a way to twisting religion for their own benefit and satisfaction.

Remember who is the biggest promoters of religion in this country--old white men (and now a few women who are still subservient to man). God on the other hand, is in now was beholding to any race, culture, or gender..
There you go

Old 05-07-2015, 04:46 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
The question is though, is this church that you are referring to using the Holy Bible or their own version of it? I have heard of Mormon churches haven't a variation of the Bible and think that's where it gets sticky with associating that with Christianity. I'm not sure you can compare the two.
Balderdash. The only groups for whom the specific Bible used matters are the Bibleians who revere the Bible and treat it as God's word instead of Christ. Christians are those who follow Christ, period!. The arrogance and hubris of those groups who think they are the only true Christians is unconscionable. Only God knows who is and who isn't a follower of His Son. None of the religions are God . . . so they are not in a position to proclaim who is and is not Christian.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Balderdash. The only groups for whom the specific Bible used matters are the Bibleians who revere the Bible and treat it as God's word instead of Christ. Christians are those who follow Christ, period!. The arrogance and hubris of those groups who think they are the only true Christians is unconscionable. Only God knows who is and who isn't a follower of His Son. None of the religions are God . . . so they are not in a position to proclaim who is and is not Christian.
That's the MysticPhD we all know. No more phony nonsense anymore, you are telling us exactly who is Christian and who isn't. And it's clear to all of us, that you do not believe that anyone who believes in the Bible as the inerrant word of God is a Christian. But when I asked you that a few weeks ago in another thread you acted as if you had no clue as to what I was talking about. Am I talking to the same person?

Old 05-07-2015, 07:31 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Quote:
That's the MysticPhD we all know. No more phony nonsense anymore, you are telling us exactly who is Christian and who isn't. And it's clear to all of us, that you do not believe that anyone who believes in the Bible as the inerrant word of God is a Christian. But when I asked you that a few weeks ago in another thread you acted as if you had no clue as to what I was talking about. Am I talking to the same person?
Of course you are talking to the same person. Your problem does not seem to be not knowing who you are talking to . . . but understanding what is written. YOU are the one asserting that the Bible you use decides whether or not you are a Christian . . . NOT me. I do NOT believe the Bible you use matters one whit. They all tell us about Christ. Those who follow Christ are Christians, period. Everything else is human vanity and hubris which I do NOT participate in.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Of course you are talking to the same person. Your problem does not seem to be not knowing who you are talking to . . . but understanding what is written. YOU are the one asserting that the Bible you use decides whether or not you are a Christian . . . NOT me. I do NOT believe the Bible you use matters one whit. They all tell us about Christ. Those who follow Christ are Christians, period. Everything else is human vanity and hubris which I do NOT participate in.
I'm not the one who is calling people Biblicans. That is if I'm talking to the same person.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:50 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,010,141 times
Quote:
Not all of them, perhaps not the ones you have attended or you currently attend. Some use a book that is similar to the Bible but has additional things that were added on. That is what I was referring to. I believe it's called the Book of Mormon.
Actually, Mormons believe in The Bible and in The Book of Mormon -- two separate books, but both testifying of Jesus Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity