Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:51 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,587 times

Advertisements

My brother, Michael, lives in Destin, Florida (with his wife) and has been a legal resident in the States for over twenty-five years. He's 55 and he's really been through the ringer for the past eighteen months.

Today, they sent him home to die. I just got off the phone with him (he called as soon as he arrived back home), and the docs there said that he could die 'at any moment.'

He's on the list for a liver transplant (he has Hepatitis C) but no one knows if he'll get one in time; it's not looking likely.

He's the color of a dandelion and can barely eat or drink.

If you pray, would you please pray for my brother? I love him very much.

Thank you.

Blessings,

Mahrie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 01:18 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
My brother, Michael, lives in Destin, Florida (with his wife) and has been a legal resident in the States for over twenty-five years. He's 55 and he's really been through the ringer for the past eighteen months.

Today, they sent him home to die. I just got off the phone with him (he called as soon as he arrived back home), and the docs there said that he could die 'at any moment.'

He's on the list for a liver transplant (he has Hepatitis C) but no one knows if he'll get one in time; it's not looking likely.

Thank you.

Blessings,

Mahrie.
I will pray for your brother. Destin is a beautiful area of Florida and no one should be suffering as spring starts along the Gulf. I wish I could tell you I understand, but I don't. But I do feel your pain. God bless you both.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I will pray for your brother. Destin is a beautiful area of Florida and no one should be suffering as spring starts along the Gulf. I wish I could tell you I understand, but I don't. But I do feel your pain. God bless you both.
Thank you so much, Wardendresden.

May God bless and keep you,

Mahrie.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:57 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,614 times
I will say a prayer for your brother. I am sorry you and your family are going through this.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:23 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
Offering a prayer for your brother and you. I'm so sorry for his and your pain.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:47 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,176 times

Thank you.

Blessings,

Mahrie.

I will. I am a volunteer hospice worker in my spare time as well. Wish I could care for him and try to comfort him. My sympathies.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:25 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:

Thank you.

Blessings,

Mahrie.
good luck.
The passing can be a special event if you so choose.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
good luck.
The passing can be a special event if you so choose.
Thank you, but I choose to believe that GOD can and will heal Michael, if HE so chooses. Conversely, if GOD chooses to take him home, I'll accept that. I'm not great at loss and there's been a lot of it in my family, so I need to focus on what's possible in the here and now.

I don't believe in luck, but your good wishes and/or your prayers are appreciated.

Thanks again.

Mahrie.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:47 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:

Thank you.

Blessings,

Mahrie.
My condolences. Yes of course I will pray for him. Most of us have lost loved ones, but it is particularly bitter when they're not particularly old. My grandparents all died over age 80. That wasn't so hard. My dear friend who was like a second mother to me died of a sudden heart attack at 52. It was her first and last heart attack, so it came as a complete shock. I don't know if I've ever completely gotten over it. It isn't because I have doubts about her happiness and state in the next life. There are no doubts. She's beyond belief happier. And I'm not bitter about it. But my wife and children will never know her -- and I had always imagined she would be a big part of all of our lives. It is her unexpected absence that makes it all so hard.

I'm praying that your brother gets a liver transplant. That's tough though. Never enough donors and I believe they have to find a good genetic match as well. It's in God's hands at this point. Death is just a doorway we all must pass through to exit this lost, sad and fallen world. Beyond that door is happiness beyond imagining. Some of us go through the door sooner than others, but this life is not our natural state. We are eternal and heaven is our true home.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
My condolences. Yes of course I will pray for him. Most of us have lost loved ones, but it is particularly bitter when they're not particularly old. My grandparents all died over age 80. That wasn't so hard. My dear friend who was like a second mother to me died of a sudden heart attack at 52. It was her first and last heart attack, so it came as a complete shock. I don't know if I've ever completely gotten over it. It isn't because I have doubts about her happiness and state in the next life. There are no doubts. She's beyond belief happier. And I'm not bitter about it. But my wife and children will never know her -- and I had always imagined she would be a big part of all of our lives. It is her unexpected absence that makes it all so hard.

I'm praying that your brother gets a liver transplant. That's tough though. Never enough donors and I believe they have to find a good genetic match as well. It's in God's hands at this point. Death is just a doorway we all must pass through to exit this lost, sad and fallen world. Beyond that door is happiness beyond imagining. Some of us go through the door sooner than others, but this life is not our natural state. We are eternal and heaven is our true home.
Yes, the door out of this life is the door into the next. I've buried three children, a brother, both my parents, and too many friends, but my brother has had a hard life, and, selfishly enough, I'm praying for a miracle for him too, as I don't want to lose him.

I'm so sorry about your surrogate mom; death is always unbelievable to us because we were not created to die, so it's always a shock when it happens - even when we do know it's coming.

Loss is part of everybody's journey, but Michael's not dead yet and I'm not ready to lose him. I couldn't care less about material possessions, but I'm lousy at losing people I love.

May God bless and be with you, brother.

Mahrie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity