Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 05:32 AM

66 posts, read 90,661 times

Advertisements

Mikko what is ur angle. What are u trying to accomplish? If its pointing the finger and telling people what they are doing wrong or why they are wrong I would urge u to tread lightly for one transgression will keep you from the glory of God. We must not cause petty arguments among believers which this is doing. I think we can all agree....or I hope....that there is only one way to please our father in heaven and that thru faith in Christ. The petty argument of what those scriptures mean is different for some people but it has no bearing on whether or not someone'sheart belongs to Christ Jesus and pposting on the internet random scripture could do some major damage to a young believer in the faith. How would u feel if some teenager took ur words and advice to start literaly hating his family. Is that what u truly think Jesus was saying. If so than I feel bad for u and ur loved ones. Please just stop posting scripture. We all know what it says. A wise man once warned me to not read one verse but read the entire chapter. U can really twist a verse to fit what u believe not what is truth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 07:46 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
37. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me (Matt 10:37)

So if we love our family more than the Lord, then we can not be his follower.

Follow the Lord Jesus Christ
How can one abide in the Love of the Lord?

Scripture says; "Abide in my love. You will abide in my love if you keep my commandments just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love."

Old 03-25-2015, 09:23 AM

66 posts, read 90,661 times
Abide means to continue or stay. Love is a choice. If we follow his words .... Love ur God with all....and love your neighbor as urself Than we are choosing to love and we are to continue in this fashion of love. His love. A sacrificial no strings attached love. A love that shows up when no one else will. A love that accept you right were u are. A love that when we wake up in the morning we have a choice. To love one another or not too. We choose to continue or abide in His love by using His example of how he loved people and mirroring that image

Old 03-25-2015, 09:25 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
My love is for every people but firs comes my real family, according to the Spirit, not form flesh. I respect my parents, according to the flesh, but I am not like one of them, if they refuse the word of the truth, and Jesus Christ.

You did not answer the question. Do you shun? Have you cut off all communication? I am talking flesh here, not spirit.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:56 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filly4thirteen View Post
Abide means to continue or stay. Love is a choice. If we follow his words .... Love ur God with all....and love your neighbor as urself Than we are choosing to love and we are to continue in this fashion of love. His love. A sacrificial no strings attached love. A love that shows up when no one else will. A love that accept you right were u are. A love that when we wake up in the morning we have a choice. To love one another or not too. We choose to continue or abide in His love by using His example of how he loved people and mirroring that image
Actually Jesus says that those who keep His commandments just as He kept the Father's commandments abide or remain in His love.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:14 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Admonish. Earnest advice or encouragement.

verb ad·mon·ish \ad-ˈmä-nish\
: to speak to (someone) in a way that expresses disapproval or criticism
: to tell or urge (someone) to do something

"Unboil an egg": a phrase about the
impossible, which is not possible. »

Full Definition of ADMONISH

transitive verb
a : to indicate duties or obligations to
b : to express warning or disapproval to especially in a gentle, earnest, or solicitous manner

: to give friendly earnest advice or encouragement to

Judgement can be used by 2 definitions. Judging with a condemning mind is what is warned against. Matt ch 7.
And Judgment in terms of perspective.
judg·mentˈjəjmənt/
noun
noun: judgement
  1. 1.
    the ability to make considered decisions or come to sensible conclusions.
    "an error of judgment"
    synonyms:discernment, acumen, shrewdness, astuteness, sense, common sense, perception, perspicacity, percipience, acuity, discrimination, reckoning, wisdom, wit, judiciousness, prudence, canniness, sharpness, sharp-wittedness, powers of reasoning, reason, logic; Moresavvy, horse sense, street smarts, gumption
    "his temper could affect his judgment"

an opinion or conclusion.
  2. Colossians Ch 1 ;
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; 24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:25 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You apparently do not know the word of truth who IS Jesus Christ:
1 John 4:20-21 (King James Version)
20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
Quote:
Don't you know that the real brother, and sisters are the brothers, and sisters in Christ?
Don't you know nothing?
Well from this I know that you do NOT know the Spirit of agape love who IS God. There are no divisions or separations among God's children and we all are God's children. Some, like you, go astray and think they are special to God over others. But we are all the same to God and we are to love one another as Christ loved us . . . even His torturers and murderers! You have alot to learn about God's love, Mikko.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:45 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Don't you know that the real brother, and sisters are the brothers, and sisters in Christ?

Don't you know nothing?
And so it is with our REAL neighbor as well?

Old 03-25-2015, 06:49 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Luke ch 11;
23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Matt 12 ; …49And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers! 50"For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother."

Old 03-25-2015, 06:53 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
If you want to follow Jesus, it decidedly means being political.
If you want to follow Jesus, it decidedly means advocating for the “least of these.”
If you want to follow Jesus, it decidedly means being willing to confront abusive power structures and people and being willing to flip a few tables in the process.
You simply can’t fully follow Jesus if you aren’t willing to be political and stick out your own neck,
challenging the hypocritical power structures and leaders on behalf of the oppressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity