Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 05:59 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It's not just the gay issue, it's also abortion on demand and society now pushing for euthanasia and the morning after, abortion pill. So many things that go against the Christian beliefs. Heck, even during the last election the Dem party wanted to take out God in their platform.

We can't talk about Iran and the Middle East when our country seems to be going the same way. Ones rights can be shut down in many different ways.
Sorry, but what it's about a public school official imposing his religious views on other people's children. If, you want to praying principals or teachers in your school, then form your own private school, don't use the taxpayer supported schools to spread your religious dogma.

FYI, NOT everybody believes in God. Moreover, how would you like it if the Republican platform began with a prayer to Allah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 06:12 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It's not just the gay issue, it's also abortion on demand and society now pushing for euthanasia and the morning after, abortion pill. So many things that go against the Christian beliefs. Heck, even during the last election the Dem party wanted to take out God in their platform.

We can't talk about Iran and the Middle East when our country seems to be going the same way. Ones rights can be shut down in many different ways.
Man that just sums up my weekend too! Taking out a friend to get a drive through abortion, then heading over to euthanize her gay Grandma. And the piece de resistance, we will be procuring copious amounts of pot, along with the morning after pill, in order to deal with the results of the drug filled orgy that will ensue.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Barry Goldwater, certainly a conservative, warned about Fundamentalists taking over the Republican party.
I've often wondered if that quote was accurate. I've only ever seen it coming from a book about him

Old 04-02-2015, 06:23 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I've often wondered if that quote was accurate. I've only ever seen it coming from a book about him
I stole it from cupper3

Old 04-02-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I stole it from cupper3
Seems to be accurate. I also found this one.

"I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?
And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism.""

Washingtonpost.com: Barry Goldwater's Left Turn

Old 04-02-2015, 09:57 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What law? The Constitution says that we should be free to practice our religion. A person is not guaranteed the right to a cake.

But why do you think a black baker ought to be required to bake a cake for a kkk rally?.

Have there been a rash of men in pointy hoods demanding cake from black bakers? I have never heard of this. Not even in the South.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:00 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
My ACLU membership has always paid off.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:08 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What law? The Constitution says that we should be free to practice our religion. A person is not guaranteed the right to a cake.

But why do you think a black baker ought to be required to bake a cake for a kkk rally?.
Because he is in the business of baking cakes for general consumption, though decoration would be a matter of custom work by choice............IF the law required him not to discriminate based on social idiocy.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:15 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
Oh it's always fun reading one of Janelle114's "Christians are victims" post...

Old 04-03-2015, 05:23 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
aclu reminds me of aids. It takes too many good "ideas" and destroys them. But sometimes, like a blind squiral, it also addresses the necessity of removing weak practices such as this.

But should a school in an area be allowed to have people in place that reflect the community? I am not talking about oppressing anybody. just the notion that a state or a region reflect the local wishes or should they reflect what others 1500 miles away want them to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity