Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 04:09 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

School principal gets smacked by ACLU for praying for his students - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

She wrote, “I wanted to get in contact with you because this week my son’s school principal came under attack by the ACLU. A parent (who is not affiliated with the school) contacted the ACLU because they heard our principal was praying for the kids. The community is definitely standing strong and rallying by him. We are having prayer at the pole tomorrow at 10 am central time. I invite you all to please come help us show this is still the America that’s a nation under God!”

My son always had the "meet you at the pole" when he was in school. The pole was not on school grounds. It has always been allowed in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 04:12 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Why should this surprise us? In this country we get called a bigot simply for saying something is a sin. A Christian is unable to actually act according to his conscience for fear his business gets shut down.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why should this surprise us? In this country we get called a bigot simply for saying something is a sin. A Christian is unable to actually act according to his conscience for fear his business gets shut down.
Oh, woe are you!

A Christian has to obey the law!

Oh, the agony! Oh, the horror!

Ask your kindly God for courage to endure living in the very lap of satanic depravity!

I'm sure he'll come through for you.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:24 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
it about making money. Now way al sharpen believes what he says. but he makes money saying it. No way far left liberals can believe what they say sometimes, but they are making money. Attacking middle America makes money.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
It's not just the gay issue, it's also abortion on demand and society now pushing for euthanasia and the morning after, abortion pill. So many things that go against the Christian beliefs. Heck, even during the last election the Dem party wanted to take out God in their platform.

We can't talk about Iran and the Middle East when our country seems to be going the same way. Ones rights can be shut down in many different ways.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:27 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,052,389 times
When I see this type of thread title, I'm always left wondering how far into the linked article I need to read before it becomes apparent just how misleading that thread title is.

Nobody is arguing that this principal cannot pray for the children in the context of his private life. The problem rests here--from the ACLU letter in the linked article:

“It has been brought to the attention of the ACLU Foundation of Louisiana that (Walnut Hill) has engaged in a pattern of religious proselytization by sending messages to parents invoking prayer, and through a lengthy ‘Principal’s Message” on the school’s website.”

The ACLU is rightly pointing out that the practices of promoting his religious beliefs in official messages sent to parents, and on the school's web site, is unconstitutional.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Oh, woe are you!

A Christian has to obey the law!

Oh, the agony! Oh, the horror!

Ask your kindly God for courage to endure living in the very lap of satanic depravity!

I'm sure he'll come through for you.
What law? The Constitution says that we should be free to practice our religion. A person is not guaranteed the right to a cake.

But why do you think a black baker ought to be required to bake a cake for a kkk rally?.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
When I see this type of thread title, I'm always left wondering how far into the linked article I need to read before it becomes apparent just how misleading that thread title is.

Nobody is arguing that this principal cannot pray for the children in the context of his private life. The problem rests here--from the ACLU letter in the linked article:

“It has been brought to the attention of the ACLU Foundation of Louisiana that (Walnut Hill) has engaged in a pattern of religious proselytization by sending messages to parents invoking prayer, and through a lengthy ‘Principal’s Message” on the school’s website.”

The ACLU is rightly pointing out that the practices of promoting his religious beliefs in official messages sent to parents, and on the school's web site, is unconstitutional.
It's not unconstitutional, though.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:30 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,052,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's not unconstitutional, though.
The Constitution disagrees with you!

Old 04-02-2015, 04:34 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post

Thanks

It's just a letter. hardly a slap too.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity