Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 10:38 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,249,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am giving you the real world Viz. Not the world of your imagination. I live in the United States which is not a totalitarian country.
If the gay activists in this country have their way, it would seem that we would have a totalitarian country, though.
Quote:
Your bakers/pizza are hypocrites. They wiil take LGBT money for a slice of pizza, but their money is no good for twenty. No one asked them to participate in a wedding. They make pizza.
Or maybe they just can't, with a clean conscience, participate in such an event.
Quote:
If the wedding party asked them for calzone, and they do not make calzone ,they would be legally allowed to say, no. They do not make calzone for anyone, and they only make pizza. No one can demand they start making calzone. They do not make calzone.

I do not participate in KKK rallys, or weddings. I bake. I sell my goods and services. I do not pick and choose my customers.
And likewise, the Christian baker does not participate in gay "weddings". They were happy to sell their goods to gay people, though.
Quote:
I do not make cakes in the shape of a cross. That is not picking and choosing. I do not make cross cakes, period, for anyone. I do not make confederate flag cakes, for anyone. I do not make barbie cakes, for anyone. I do not write on my cakes, for anyone. I do not make penis cakes for anyone. I have a particular specialty, and that is why you come to me.
Likewise, the Christian baker does not make wedding cakes for 2 grooms and/or 2 brides.
Quote:
If you wished, you could go to the store, and pick up one of my mixes, and turn it into a confederate flag cake, or cross cake. I have no control what you do with that mix after purchase, nor do I care.

What I do know is you will purchase that mix again and again, because it is the best thing ever.
I'm sure the baker would be happy to sell a cake to anyone that walked in the door. But just as you think you should be able to pick and choose who or what to sell your goods for, they choose not to participate in something such as a gay wedding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 10:39 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,964,746 times
Ku Klux Klan Forces Black Baker To Make Racist KKK Cake, So Does Memories Pizza Lose Religious Freedom?

Old 04-04-2015, 11:04 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If the gay activists in this country have their way, it would seem that we would have a totalitarian country, though.

Or maybe they just can't, with a clean conscience, participate in such an event.

And likewise, the Christian baker does not participate in gay "weddings". They were happy to sell their goods to gay people, though.

Likewise, the Christian baker does not make wedding cakes for 2 grooms and/or 2 brides.

I'm sure the baker would be happy to sell a cake to anyone that walked in the door. But just as you think you should be able to pick and choose who or what to sell your goods for, they choose not to participate in something such as a gay wedding.
No they are making cake. We choose the cake. Not the customer. We follow the law.
I do not deny anyone cake, because they are LGBT, or scary body modifications. I even bake cakes for fundamentalist ideologues.
  • If I were vegan baker, my customer cannot claim discrimination because I refuse to use butter.
  • If I were a vegan baker, and my customer was LGBT, it is illegal for me to tell them I will not make them vegan cake.

Unless they were invited to the wedding they are not participating. I am so very glad I live in a nation that will not allow you to discriminate against the LGBT community. You do it with such gusto. Fundamentalism in every faith is totalitarian. You think you can tell the rest of us how to live.

Change is coming, and I am happy. The internet exposes, and no longer allows the ideologues to hide.
We see you.

PS- I am a gay activist, I am a civil rights activist, I am an advocate of the poor, and disenfranchised. I am not gay, I am not a person of color, I am neither poor, nor disenfranchised. We see you. The World sees you, and God sees you.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 04-04-2015 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: adding.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:26 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,746,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Yea I agree, surreptitiously factions tend to eradicate the things that were+ once good and decent, it is like they would rather see drugs and guns come in to school but not prayer. Yea we need to take a long look at our country the more we take our eyes off of God, the more we go down as a nation.
I do believe it is right-wing conservative Christians calling for guns to be brought into our schools--and are practicing it.

Do you think this sign could deter a potential shooter?

A private school in Arkansas apparently hopes it will.

Reddit user Jmillerdude posted the above photo on Thursday afternoon with the caption “A private school in Central Arkansas recently voted to allow the staff to have guns on campus. This is the sign they put up.” His post had received more than 4,000 comments by Thursday evening.
The school in question is reportedly Arkansas Christian Academy, which previously posted armed guards at some of its Sunday services and recently decided to train and arm staff, according to local outlet KARK-TV.

"I just felt like with what's going on in many of the public sectors where there seems to be a lot of shootings we need to take the same stance that we do in church on Sunday for our kids Monday through Friday," Pastor Perry Black, an administrator at the school, told KARK.

Arkansas Christian Academy Arms Staff, Posts Gun Warning

Praise God and pass the ammunition. We'll say a prayer over the dead gunman's body. His soul is now where we sent it--to hell.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I do believe it is right-wing conservative Christians calling for guns to be brought into our schools--and are practicing it.

"I just felt like with what's going on in many of the public sectors where there seems to be a lot of shootings we need to take the same stance that we do in church on Sunday for our kids Monday through Friday," Pastor Perry Black, an administrator at the school, told KARK.

Arkansas Christian Academy Arms Staff, Posts Gun Warning

Praise God and pass the ammunition. We'll say a prayer over the dead gunman's body. His soul is now where we sent it--to hell.
They sound more like ISIL. Fundamentalist ideologues, are dangerous in every faith. That is some scarey stuff.

Perhaps they need protection from the gay.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 04-04-2015 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: adding.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:47 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,623,153 times
Quote:
The fact that some people choose to view it differently doesn't mean it is. I can choose to call the bull in the pasture a cow all I want...but it doesn't mean it is one.
True. But a bull is a bull, and exists separately from the word we use to describe it. Marriage, however, does not exist independently of how we define it.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:49 AM

16,744 posts, read 15,781,394 times
Interesting. So, the KKK idea posted earlier wasn't original, but appropriated from some place else. Hmmmm.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:49 AM

The article is Fundamentalist Fantasy. At no time did the KKK force anyone to make this cake, except their wife and mother.

The aforementioned cake in the picture, was a homemade box mix job. No self respecting baker would hand over a cake so poorly decorated, with enough artificial coloring to be toxic.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:52 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,623,153 times
Quote:
And in the instance of the Christian baker, they were happy to serve the gay couple. They just did not want to cater the wedding or participate in the event.
Which is against the law. Religious beliefs are NEVER a valid excuse for breaking the law.

Old 04-04-2015, 12:03 PM

17,154 posts, read 13,019,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Yea I agree, surreptitiously factions tend to eradicate the things that were+ once good and decent, it is like they would rather see drugs and guns come in to school but not prayer. Yea we need to take a long look at our country the more we take our eyes off of God, the more we go down as a nation.
Eyes off God? How do you look at an invisible entity in the first place? Religion is not necessary for ethical behavior. As a matter of fact, it may deter ethical behavior in some ways by offering humans a built-in scapegoat for committing immoral acts. How does one argue with a silent authority? The most religious states in the US have the highest rates of crime (especially murder), teen pregnancy, domestic violence, and divorce. Conservative Christian women are beaten up more by their husbands than any other religious denomination and atheists. My BIL, who is Pentecostal, grew up in a very violent household in Mississippi (wow, what a surprise). His father, who is still married to his mother, is so controlling he records the mileage she drives on the car to be sure she only goes to the grocery store, church, and home. If she drives anywhere else, he beats her up.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...m-and-religion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity