Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 07:27 AM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Resentment and aggression is not agape love. It's the opposite.

Intolerance of any differing opinion makes one bigot too whether or not he/she will admit it.

And sadly there is a lot of intolerance of Christians views on this "Christian" board.
Who said Christians were intolerant? The intolerance is coming from the homosexual community. They have made lists of businesses in South Bend that they plan to try to put out of business because they won't become part of their sinful unions. The poor florist was a friend to the homosexual man that now has put her in a position where she may lose everything all because he cared more about his sexuality and forcing it than friendship.

The biggest issue with sexual immorality is that it becomes one's god. It predominates everything in one's life and you see this with homosexuals. It is always on their mind as they are constantly in a state of sinning.

Here is Wiki on Agape Love: Agape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I, personally, don't get it or how it ties into my getting involved with immoral celebrations. I could use clarification on that.

I found this article and it is pretty clear about sexual immorality: Speaking Sound Doctrine - Sexual Immorality - A scriptural view of sex-related sins

This accusing people of judging others, I don't really get that. The laws are written and those that don't obey suffer a certain fate. Same with public laws. You run the stop sign and I say you broke the law, I am not judging you, it is just a fact. I am stating to you what the law is and what the punishment is.

It is not about judging it is not wanting to take part in a sinful celebration. That is actually not about the homosexual but about me making a choice based on my religious freedom. About me and my choices.

This is an excellent article that explains how people can continue to engage in sin and not feel that they are wrong which is something that I could never understand: http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/...n-from-God.htm

What is bigot? Well, according to this definition, it describes the homosexuals who are attacking Christian businesses: Bigot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary and here, bigotry defined and it just keeps looking like to me that the homosexuals are the ones displaying this behavior: Bigotry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "Irrationally and unfairly" would not be applicable to not wanting to go against the laws of your God by being involved in the immoral celebration of a "gay" marriage. It is so simple I just don't get why people refuse to hear it.

And, I have looked and looked over the past few years and cannot find where those churches marrying "gays" have found the scripture that justifies that decision. It is my understanding that nothing new has been added to the Bible nor any discovery of texts that had been left behind that support this.

And, for disclosure purposes, I am not a Christian and I still find the persecution of anyone for their religious beliefs to be wrong. I believe and live the laws of God and I would never, ever participate in the celebration of a sinful event. I would not. I could not.

Marriage is between one man and one woman. Homosexuality is a mental illness. Both of these have been overridden not by new information which is the general requirement. Hand in hand they are being forced as "normal" and now, the attack is to make them moral and within the laws of God which we all know will be a much different battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 07:27 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,277,135 times
How foolish.. Eat Drink and be merry for tomorrow we die..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thanks MQ.I am afraid the would-be dictators among us will not agree or give up their desire to butt into other peoples' lives!
QED! This indicates belief in an IMPOTENT God who needs mere humans to enforce His laws against sin . . . hardly a God worthy of anything. Unfortunately, the believers in this iIMPOTENT God will not easily give up their predilection to butt into other peoples' lives and dictate to them. It has always been so and even the power of Christ's Gospel and unambiguous example was unable to prevent this human desire from corrupting Christ's message of agape love and reconciliation.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:51 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,933,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Not sure about that.
a·gape1
əˈɡāp/
adjective
adjective: agape
  1. (of the mouth) wide open, especially with surprise or wonder.
    "Downes listened, mouth agape with incredulity"
If you know that the word used for love is the Greek word expressed in Latin or English letters, then giving the definition of the English word that is spelled the same way is simply dishonest, I find it hard to believe that you do not know this when right below the definition cited from The Free Dictionary is this:
a·ga·pe[SIZE=5] 2[/SIZE]

(ä-gä′pā, ä′gə-pā′)
n.1. Christianity a. Love as revealed in Jesus, seen as spiritual and selfless and a model for humanity.
b. In the early Christian Church and some modern churches, the love feast accompanied by Eucharistic celebration.

2. Love that is spiritual, not sexual, in its nature.

[Greek agapē, love.]

Just exactly are you trying to do, pinacled?

Old 04-07-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
How foolish to think that consideration for the welfare of people would not take into consideration the things that are harmful to them.
1Cor 10:23All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.
For pities sake, people, THINK

Rules are made to prevent perceived harm, if the perception is wrong, the rule is wrong,

Old 04-07-2015, 08:28 AM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
How foolish to think that consideration for the welfare of people would not take into consideration the things that are harmful to them.
1Cor 10:23All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.
For pities sake, people, THINK

Rules are made to prevent perceived harm, if the perception is wrong, the rule is wrong,
1 Corinthians has some very good material as do the other books, of course: What Does the Bible Say About Sexual Immorality?

Old 04-07-2015, 09:10 AM

37,477 posts, read 61,452,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post

Ecclesiastes 9:7-10 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works. Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment. Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun. Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Indeed; eat, drink, be merry, enjoy your wife. Whatever you do, do it with your might. Because we all go to the grave.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
1 Corinthians has some very good material as do the other books, of course: What Does the Bible Say About Sexual Immorality?
Then the question is whether the perceptions cited cover the situations presented and then whether the perceptions are correct if they do.
The point is to examine things in dispute in the light of concern about the welfare of every one involved. If there is no demonstrable harm in the action under consideration to the people directly involved orto anyone else, then the harm is in fettering the people who would benefit by the action.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have a list of sexually immoral acts that a person should not commit, I get this list from God, Jesus, and the disciples of the New Testament.

I gave you many scripture against sexually immoral acts, and I can give you a whole new list of scriptures and what they say of people who commit immoral sexual acts.

Agape love is not going to change unrighteous things into righteous things.
Agape love is not going to give a dude a pass because he raped and killed a little boy, he is not going to be shown agape love.

Agape love is not going to change what is immoral.

Immoral things exist

God has a list.

YOU MUST HAVE A DIFFERENT LIST.
Hannibal, we are perfectly happy to use your list with the warning that it is NOT a list "from on high," but that ANY article on your list is subject to examination as to whether the perceptions in it are correct: whether the action under consideration causes harm to either the participants or to anyone else.

Now if you would like to discuss an item on that list without the condition that it must be wrong simply because it is on your list, have at it.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:53 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,621,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Marriage is between one man and one woman. Homosexuality is a mental illness. Both of these have been overridden not by new information which is the general requirement. Hand in hand they are being forced as "normal" and now, the attack is to make them moral and within the laws of God which we all know will be a much different battle.
Homosexuality is not a mental illness.

You will not find it in the DSM. The DSM does not treat heterosexuality as a mental illness either. It does however treat sexual dysfunctions that interfere with life functions, such as eating, sleeping, working, and interpersonal relationships.

Your definition of marriage is about to be changed. Marriage is between two consenting adults.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:01 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Homosexuality is not a mental illness.
That must be repeated. Time to join the 21st century, people, and give up clinging to incorrect information. Learn something new.......homosexuality is not a mental illness.....and stop repeating something that is not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity