Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 12:04 AM

709 posts, read 378,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
It is written in the prophets;

"All those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

"Call upon me and I will answer you, I will tell you great things beyond the reach of your knowledge."

" They shall be my people and I will be their God, in faithfulness and in righteousness."
All those who hear the words of the Lord, and do according to it, will grow in the knowledge of God, for salvation of soul. They will be like the man who build the house with foundation on rock

But those who hear the word of God, but do not do according to it, will be like the man whom build the house without foundation.

46. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 47. Every one that cometh unto me, and heareth my words, and doeth them, I will show you to whom he is like: 48. he is like a man building a house, who digged and went deep, and laid a foundation upon the rock: and when a flood arose, the stream brake against that house, and could not shake it: because it had been well builded. 49. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that built a house upon the earth without a foundation; against which the stream brake, and straightway it fell in; and the ruin of that house was great. (Luke 6:46-49)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 12:55 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
All those who hear the words of the Lord, and do according to it, will grow in the knowledge of God, for salvation of soul. They will be like the man who build the house with foundation on rock

But those who hear the word of God, but do not do according to it, will be like the man whom build the house without foundation.

46. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 47. Every one that cometh unto me, and heareth my words, and doeth them, I will show you to whom he is like: 48. he is like a man building a house, who digged and went deep, and laid a foundation upon the rock: and when a flood arose, the stream brake against that house, and could not shake it: because it had been well builded. 49. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that built a house upon the earth without a foundation; against which the stream brake, and straightway it fell in; and the ruin of that house was great. (Luke 6:46-49)
It is not to do according to them as in what you think it means but to do them, to speak them. Isn't that what one does with words? They speak them.

As it is written;

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously and let honesty and peace be at your gates."

My brothers, mother and sisters hear the word of God and do it.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:59 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
36. And I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. (Matthew 12:36-37)

But if today's christian' speaks words like righteousness kind but don't do the thinks of righteousness, will the words make the one righteousness?

If you do not really turn your heart to God, and give your self to him, you can not follow our Lord in pure heart, but you turn to the lies, and all kind of secret way's so that you may justify your act's to your self, and other, but act's like it, do not represent righteous ways of the Lord Jesus.

Do not deceive your selves.
The believers of the nations are justified by faith, not works or words.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:55 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times
The son of man says;

"The man who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these because I go to the Father and anything you ask in my name I will do so the Father is glorified in the son."

"Whoever believes in the son possesses eternal life"

By those two verses doing the works of the son of man is believing in Him and therefore provides eternal life.

"Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your heavenly Father."

"My Father is glorified in your bearing much fruit and becoming my disciple."

"Father I glorified you by completing the work you gave me to do."

The three verses above show that bearing fruit makes a disciple who glorifies God by doing the work that Jesus did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity