Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 08:06 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times

Advertisements

There was a discussion in another thread that was off topic so I thought (out of respect) I would give the opportunity for discussion here.

My thoughts: There will be no rapture. It's a misinterpretation of The Book of Revelation.

Start!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 08:11 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
There was a discussion in another thread that was off topic so I thought (out of respect) I would give the opportunity for discussion here.

My thoughts: There will be no rapture. It's a misinterpretation of The Book of Revelation.

Start!
There will be, but not as popularly believed.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:13 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:

Start!
What about 1 Thess. 4:16-18? And Matt. 24:40-41?

Old 06-04-2015, 08:30 PM

3 posts, read 2,108 times
People think the pre-trib rapture is something that started up in the 1800s with John Darby and some girl who had a vision in 1830. Well, they're so wrong. Check this out:

The notion goes back as far as 373 A.D. so how that's for you people claiming this started two hundred years ago and using that as an excuse to disprove it happening pre-trib?

Old 06-04-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
There will be, but not as popularly believed.
There will NOT be. Revelation is the prophecy of or the reflection on... the destruction of Jerusalem. You cannot deny the similarities.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:52 PM

harpazô is the word found in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 that is the premise of the rapture. It actually means caught up, to snatch, or to seize. It does not occur in the book of Revelaation at all.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:02 PM

6 posts, read 5,615 times
If u read the bible ask God for understanding, pray for the wisdom of knowledge and let your heart be lead by the Holy spirit. So rapture here right now, is it fair that those who are not in Christ continue to live life as they want to with no reprecussions? No
the Christian lives life loving the Lord and trying to reach the lost that is our soul purpose here in life although u must still work, make a life in the world. For those that do, there will come a time when Jesus will appear again in the heavens where he will come for his own those who r saved. When he does that he will also take with him the Holy spirit that he left the desciples many years ago before he ascended into heaven. He said go and make desciples which it has happened and still continues we r followers of christ. When we leave all hell will break loose because the Holy spirit is no longer her on earth helping keep things at bay for what is to take place. Those that have good hearts but never committed there life's to Christ will be caught in this battle on earth. It will be much harder for the good who were left behind to committed to Christ as much as they will want to. Can they still be saved absolutely it's just alot more harder things that are free to do now will no longer be that way. This will happen for for a while and then jesus will reappear with his angels on earth t ll o destroy all that is evil /wicked this is Armageddon.
When he reappears he reappears in the clouds but never comes fully down to earth it's not until the four angels of the 4 corners will appear with him and then

Old 06-04-2015, 09:06 PM

277 posts, read 227,846 times
Quote:
There will NOT be. Revelation is the prophecy of or the reflection on... the destruction of Jerusalem. You cannot deny the similarities.

There will be... Here is a picture of it given in Revelation;

Rev 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

What that picture describes is this; On the last day, Jesus will raise the dead and then judge everyone...

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Those who are not bound to be burned-when the Earth is lit on fire, will be caught up to be in the clouds to Jesus:

Mat 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Mat 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Yes, there will be a 'catching up' on the very last day of time as we know it- and then eternity will begin for those who believed and trusted Jesus to give them eternal life...

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

1Jn 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Yes, there will be a 'catching up' and an eternal life for those who believe. Eternity is a long time to be wrong about Jesus

TC

Old 06-04-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terbencas View Post
If u read the bible ask God for understanding, pray for the wisdom of knowledge and let your heart be lead by the Holy spirit. So rapture here right now, is it fair that those who are not in Christ continue to live life as they want to with no reprecussions? No
the Christian lives life loving the Lord and trying to reach the lost that is our soul purpose here in life although u must still work, make a life in the world. For those that do, there will come a time when Jesus will appear again in the heavens where he will come for his own those who r saved. When he does that he will also take with him the Holy spirit that he left the desciples many years ago before he ascended into heaven. He said go and make desciples which it has happened and still continues we r followers of christ. When we leave all hell will break loose because the Holy spirit is no longer her on earth helping keep things at bay for what is to take place. Those that have good hearts but never committed there life's to Christ will be caught in this battle on earth. It will be much harder for the good who were left behind to committed to Christ as much as they will want to. Can they still be saved absolutely it's just alot more harder things that are free to do now will no longer be that way. This will happen for for a while and then jesus will reappear with his angels on earth t ll o destroy all that is evil /wicked this is Armageddon.
When he reappears he reappears in the clouds but never comes fully down to earth it's not until the four angels of the 4 corners will appear with him and then
First, it's really hard to read one huge paragraph. Second, what does this have to do with the thread?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:30 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
What that picture describes is this; On the last day, Jesus will raise the dead and then judge everyone...
catching up' and an eternal life for those who believe. Eternity is a long time to be wrong about Jesus
The dead are already in heaven. They don't need to be raised. There is too much evidence of spirit leaving the body when a person dies to believe that our souls somehow sleep in the grave waiting for the end of times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity