Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 04:44 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hmm. Maybe because they are Jewish.
Maybe because they learned from the OT and ... the NT contains NOTHING explicit and it would have absolutely have had to with such a dramatic change. Look at circumcision and it is nothing compared to going from Monotheism to the Trinity. The Jews would have been screaming about the heresy and ..... before the 4th century they only complained about a developing binity in the 2nd century. Why? No Trinity to oppose. A later invention.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Jewish Bible at Deuteronomy 6:4 is God's oneness.

Hear oh Israel: the LORD (YHWH ) our God is one LORD (YHWH)

The tetragrammaton (YHWH ) only applies to God or LORD.

Psalm 110:1 KJV Bibles mentions two (2) LORD/Lord's
The LORD in all upper-case letters is where stands the tetragrammaton -YHWH
The Lord Not in all upper case letters stands for the Lord Jesus.
The tetragrammaton never applies to Jesus.
Yep

In fact the word Lord in Hebrew has a different spelling when used of God and it is NEVER used with that spelling of Jesus. In PS110:1 it is YHWH and Adonai/Lord (God/Jehovah and the lord/Jesus in context).

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-18-2015 at 03:24 AM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 06-17-2015, 05:05 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahOrBust994 View Post
By non-trinitarian, I mean those who believe that the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit are separate beings, and that Jesus Christ was in fact not actually Emanuel (God with us).
Historically, Christianity has considered such a belief to be heretical, and outside the realm of orthodoxy.
Quote:
As far as I am aware, although I'm sure there are a few others that I can't think of at the moment, this refers to at least Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons.
Those are 2 of them, yes.
Quote:
My question to you is, do you believe that the Trinity as a doctrine is essential for a truly Christian identity, or if you are someone who rejects the trinity, then do you believe that your own understanding of how the members of the Godhead relate to one another is essential, and how does that impact how you view Christians on the other side of the coin?
If Jesus is not God, then he is incapable of being sinless. His death is worthless to me in that case. So, yah---Christianity requries him to be God.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:05 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hmm. Maybe because they are Jewish.

Hmmm....Jesus was a Jew...The Christians claim their ancestry from Judaism, they use a corrupted version of the TaNaKh...So, my question still stands, how does Christianity know but the Jews don't?...Because it was not a belief until 325 CE...

Old 06-17-2015, 05:07 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Hmmm....Jesus was a Jew...The Christians claim their ancestry from Judaism, they use a corrupted version of the TaNaKh...So, my question still stands, how does Christianity know but the Jews don't?...Because it was not a belief until 325 CE...
Yet.....Jesus' own words are recorded in the Gospels claiming to be God. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 06-18-2015 at 03:42 AM.. Reason: As comment is intentionally a provocative one that can lead to contention....

Old 06-17-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Jewish Bible at Deuteronomy 6:4 is God's oneness.

Hear oh Israel: the LORD (YHWH ) our God is one LORD (YHWH)
4Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord is one. דשְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהֹוָה | אֶחָד:

Quote:
The tetragrammaton (YHWH ) only applies to God or LORD.

Psalm 110:1 KJV Bibles mentions two (2) LORD/Lord's
The LORD in all upper-case letters is where stands the tetragrammaton -YHWH
The Lord Not in all upper case letters stands for the Lord Jesus.
The tetragrammaton never applies to Jesus.
The second lord is not referring to Jesus...

1Of David a psalm. The word of the Lord to my master; "Wait for My right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool at your feet."
Rashi's Commentary:
The word of the Lord to my master: Our Rabbis interpreted it as referring to Abraham our father, and I shall explain it according to their words (Mid. Ps. 110:1): The word of the Lord to Abraham, whom the world called “my master,” as it is written (Gen. 23: 6): “Hearken to us, my master.” “Wait for My right hand”: Wait for My salvation and hope for the Lord. [The root] ישיבה means only waiting, as Scripture states (Deut. 1:46): “And you stayed (ותשבו) in Kadesh for many days.” for My right hand: For the salvation of My right hand. until I make your enemies: Amraphel and his allies.

Last edited by Richard1965; 06-17-2015 at 05:19 PM..

Old 06-17-2015, 05:16 PM

124 posts, read 97,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yet Jesus was also the awaited messiah, which the Jews deny, so how reliable are they?

Old 06-17-2015, 05:17 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahOrBust994 View Post
By non-trinitarian, I mean those who believe that the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit are separate beings, and that Jesus Christ was in fact not actually Emanuel (God with us).

As far as I am aware, although I'm sure there are a few others that I can't think of at the moment, this refers to at least Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons.

My question to you is, do you believe that the Trinity as a doctrine is essential for a truly Christian identity, or if you are someone who rejects the trinity, then do you believe that your own understanding of how the members of the Godhead relate to one another is essential, and how does that impact how you view Christians on the other side of the coin?

You seem very confused on the facts of reality

Fact--every Israelite from Moses up until this very day served a single being God named-YHVH(Jehovah)
Fact-This is the God taught to Matt, Mark, Luke , John, Peter and Jesus all went to the temples and synagogues to worship-YHVH)Jehovah) a single being God.
This God-John 4:22-24--- This God--John 20:17, Rev 3:12, 2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 8:6,1Cor 15:24-28, 1Peter 1:3, Rev 1:6--- you see that--Jesus, Paul, Peter and John all teach--Jesus has a God-his Father. because its fact.
There is 0 trinity god in existence----Fact--Mark 3:24-26--a house divided( 33,000 trinity based religions) will not stand)---they are not Gods. they are this-2Thess 2:3

Old 06-17-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin
Yes he did.
Whether it's your lack of or wanton not willing to ( or quite possible being not permitted to) is irrelevant to the truth since hat it is as revealed in the KJV.

Then believe the KJV not the liars who twist it.

John 14:28 reads.

KJV John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Note the "I am" Lower case "am"? Why because the KJV translators KNEW Jesus was not quoting EX 3;14 or "am" would be "AM" as in:

KJV Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Repeating what a liar tells you without even thinking about it, explains why the trinity is believed.

The KJV shows Jesus was imply claiming to exist (the meaning of the Greek ego eimi/I am)not any identity as God or the I AM of Ex 3:14.

The Trinity exists on twisting scripture, adding verses not in the original, quoting out of context, ignoring language and grammar and .... blindly believing men.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yet.....Jesus' own words are recorded in the Gospels claiming to be God. Hmm.....weird, huh?
He never claimed to be G-d, weird, huh?...Beside, those words are what someone said that he said...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity