Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 05:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I'm happy for the forward march to give Civil Rights to all citizens. My daughter is happy since she and her female partner intend to spend their lives together and have a child together.
May they have a lifetime of happiness together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 05:15 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What brought an end to the ' last days of badness on earth ' in the days of Noah's world ?
The earth was full of violence and immorality.
Does agreeing with Romans 1:26,27 and 1st Corinthians 6:9 make Christians as now being law breakers ?
Not Christian here even agrees that Homosexuality in its modern non-cultic form (let alone, Gay Marriage) is being condemned in those verses, so your point is already on uneven ground...and no, it does not make you law breakers...We have every right to disagree with the ruling without being law breakers just like every Conservative Islam practitioner has the right to disagree with all Women not wearing Burkas (I thnk..). When you try to force your beliefs on others is when you become law breakers and only then...so um....no blocking Church doorways at gay weddings.

Now I haven't read the full ruling, but as long as every pastor is not forced to perform these weddings, I have no problem with it... But seriously, when the surpreme court outlaws Church or legalizes murder of Christians, then I'll start screaming prophecy with you...until then, do us all a favor and stop screaming about contextually questionable "sins" hardly mentioned in the bible. You (or at least the ultra fundamentalists here) are only chasing people away from faith with such seemly now predictable actions.

Last edited by Jrhockney; 06-26-2015 at 05:54 PM..

Old 06-26-2015, 06:47 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penquinePaulie View Post
Must suck to be a fundamentalist this week...first the Confederate flag is dismissed as a reminder of slavery (which the bible endorsed). Then the ACA was upheld (goes against all tenants of Christianity to have gov provided health care). Then the kill shot, the extinction level event for confederate Christians marriage equity....what do they have left to commiserate about?...
Actually, I think it was a "bad" week just to be a BIGOT, HATER, or OPPRESSOR..

For the rest of us mere mortals it was a GREAT WEEK!!

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 10-15-2017 at 09:54 AM..

Old 06-26-2015, 06:50 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I'm happy for the forward march to give Civil Rights to all citizens. My daughter is happy since she and her female partner intend to spend their lives together and have a child together. I am always happy when the human species progresses. Those who are opposed to gay marriage are clearly not gay and have no right to impose their views on others in this matter. They should worry more about their own lives and stay out of other people's choices.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:47 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What brought an end to the ' last days of badness on earth ' in the days of Noah's world ?
The earth was full of violence and immorality.
Does agreeing with Romans 1:26,27 and 1st Corinthians 6:9 make Christians as now being law breakers ?
I'm pretty sure that the supreme court didn't just ban opposite sex marriage. There is no mandate that you do anything. You are breaking no laws by not marrying someone of the same sex.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm pretty sure that the supreme court didn't just ban opposite sex marriage. There is no mandate that you do anything. You are breaking no laws by not marrying someone of the same sex.
Simple truths escape some.

Sadly.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:49 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Actually, I think it was a "bad" week just to be a BIGOT, HATER, or OPPRESSOR..

For the rest of us mere mortals it was a GREAT WEEK!!
Yeah you got the flag removed from Dukes of Hazzard General Lee. Boy that really changed society. Great win for progress, huh?

Old 06-26-2015, 09:14 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I know God in his great glory has something magnificent up his sleeve! This is similar to when he was quiet when Satan went around Heaven looking to coerce the angels to join him in his legion against God. He thought that God could not see or hear him doing those things but he found out as soon as tried to step inside of God again (as he always did), God sent a thunderbolt of love towards him and threw him down to Hell. Whatever is coming, it's going to be delicious and the enemy is mad!

Old 06-26-2015, 09:21 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yeah you got the flag removed from Dukes of Hazzard General Lee. Boy that really changed society. Great win for progress, huh?
Yes. It has made a difference. I have seen the Confederate flag removed from storefronts and lawns. I has enlightened many who think it represents southern pride. It may be small in yours eyes, but not in the eyes of many residents.

We have seen the fruits of our labors in civil rights this week. If the flag is important to you then by all means fly it at home, or in your church. It has no place on public property.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:28 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Yes. It has made a difference. I have seen the Confederate flag removed from storefronts and lawns. I has enlightened many who think it represents southern pride. It may be small in yours eyes, but not in the eyes of many residents.

We have seen the fruits of our labors in civil rights this week. If the flag is important to you then by all means fly it at home, or in your church. It has no place on public property.
Not to belabor the point, especially since it's off-topic but I wanted to mention that removing the flag isn't going to remove feelings. If those individuals had any type of prejudice, they would still harbor it. The issue of the flag is nothing but a distraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity