Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2015, 02:31 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Two different sets of commands. The Law to israel has been fulfileld/completed in Christ so we are no longer under thsoe. But premarital sex is still spoken of in the NT as wrong.

God asks that we love Him more than each other. Thus if we love Him we will avoid putting our own desires first especially if He say it hurts Him and allows his enemy to mock Him, where as when we obey he mocks His enemy based on our actions.

KJV Proverbs 27:11 My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.

Genuine binding love includes loving God not just self or another person.
Excellent reply and so true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 03:02 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Two different sets of commands. The Law to israel has been fulfileld/completed in Christ so we are no longer under thsoe. But premarital sex is still spoken of in the NT as wrong.

God asks that we love Him more than each other. Thus if we love Him we will avoid putting our own desires first especially if He say it hurts Him and allows his enemy to mock Him, where as when we obey he mocks His enemy based on our actions.

KJV Proverbs 27:11 My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.

Genuine binding love includes loving God not just self or another person.
Who says pre-martial sex is a sin or that it is wrong? What chapter and verses did Jesus say this?

Old 06-29-2015, 03:12 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times

Old 06-29-2015, 03:50 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No one ever said love is limited to body parts. I love my dad, my brother, my grandson, etc. It has nothing to do with that. Like others, you attempt to steer the debate in other directions because you can't argue with nature.
It most certainly does. If you know anything about hormones you know I am right.
Plus, if you have read any of my post you know both sides pound me because I only deal in data, not team shirts. or is that skirts, ah whatever. The lesson of the cross, there are more important things then team colors, it called truth. Jesus said the truth would will tear families apart. He's right. You are wrong. That simple.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:14 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Straight marriage is HISTORY!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=53&v=Ervtik_7jYQ

Old 06-29-2015, 06:03 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Make a cogent point someday and I'll see what I can do.
I'm not the only one posting here. You offer nothing but rude comments.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:03 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Bigotry has nothing to do with it either. You have to use words like hate and bigotry, because it's difficult to argue with biology/nature.
Bigotry has everything to do with it. Bigotry involves a desire to treat others differently because they doi not meet your criteria of acceptability (for WHATEVER reason). It reaches its ugliest effects when it is enacted into laws. There is NOTHING Christian about it. The fanatics or fundamentalist would-be dictators who want society to create, interpret, and administer "laws" to control others in accord with their God should reflect on these words from Paul:

Colossians 2:19,
. . . If you have died with Christ to the elements of the world, why, as if still living in the world, do you lay down the rules . . . Things that must all perish in their very use? In this you follow the 'precepts and doctrines of men.

Corinthians 10:23,
. . . All things are lawful, but not all things are expedient. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

Romans 14:14
. . . I know and am confident in the Lord Jesus that nothing is of itself unclean; But to him who regards anything as unclean, to him it is unclean.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
It most certainly does. If you know anything about hormones you know I am right.
Plus, if you have read any of my post you know both sides pound me because I only deal in data, not team shirts. or is that skirts, ah whatever. The lesson of the cross, there are more important things then team colors, it called truth. Jesus said the truth would will tear families apart. He's right. You are wrong. That simple.
I have no idea what you're talking about here. Sorry.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Bigotry has everything to do with it. Bigotry involves a desire to treat others differently because they doi not meet your criteria of acceptability (for WHATEVER reason). It reaches its ugliest effects when it is enacted into laws. There is NOTHING Christian about it. The fanatics or fundamentalist would-be dictators who want society to create, interpret, and administer "laws" to control others in accord with their God should reflect on these words from Paul:

Colossians 2:19,
. . . If you have died with Christ to the elements of the world, why, as if still living in the world, do you lay down the rules . . . Things that must all perish in their very use? In this you follow the 'precepts and doctrines of men.

Corinthians 10:23,
. . . All things are lawful, but not all things are expedient. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

Romans 14:14
. . . I know and am confident in the Lord Jesus that nothing is of itself unclean; But to him who regards anything as unclean, to him it is unclean.
How do you know how I treat others?

Old 06-29-2015, 06:15 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Who says pre-martial sex is a sin or that it is wrong? What chapter and verses did Jesus say this?
If you have access to a Bible concordance look up the word fornication and see the list under the word fornication.

One verse that comes to my mind is found at Matthew 15:19

As far as current events, what do you think of Hebrews 13:4 ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity