Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 07:07 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

The message of the children of hell comes nowhere close to the one of peace, love, comfort and joy. They tell you these things are are only yours if you accept you are no good for nothing hell bound sinner, not realizing the message actually is peace,love,comfort and joy and when believed upon demands nothing from you, but to embrace it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 01:45 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Sounds like J. Edwards was agreeing with Christ.

Luke 12:4-5

"I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have no more that they can do. But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!
I will see your J. Edwards perversion of Christ's love and raise you yet another verse of LOVE--

Once we have learned to put our trust in God, we will no longer be afraid of the things that come against us. We will be like the psalmist who said with confidence “…let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you” (Psalm 5:11).

Old 07-04-2015, 02:02 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Sounds like J. Edwards was agreeing with Christ.

Luke 12:4-5

"I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have no more that they can do. But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!
Why does the translator capitalize "the One"? They assume it refers to God; however, in context, as I read it, it most certainly does not refer to God. The very next 2 sentences in that passage contradict that possibility:

“Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."

And then there is the passage that tells you who DOES kill and destroy*, and it ain't God.:

“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."

*“And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matt. 10:28

Old 07-04-2015, 02:15 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Child of Hell.... just be born at this location!
Hell Michigan's Official Website

Old 07-04-2015, 06:21 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are
We know from this single comment of Jesus that they are religious(devout), they evangelize and their evangelism succeeds. He also said they shut up the kingdom of heaven in the faces of those trying to enter in, but also blind to the fact they neither have entered into themselves because they don't recognize where it is or what it is. They neglect mercy, justice and faithfulness. They are blind leaders of the blind.
I think the easiest way to recognize one today is not the person who does not believe in God has any desire to seek after him, but those who think it is their God given right to judge and condemn what they assume is sin in another.
What made the dead Jesus a child of hell ?_________Acts 2:27

The Bible's temporary hell is simply mankind's stone-cold grave where the dead sleep in death until resurrected.
Jesus taught sleep in death -> John 11 vs 11-14, and so do the Psalms 115:17; 146:4 and Ecclesiastes 9:5
God resurrected the dead Jesus out of hell - Acts 3:15 - and Jesus has the keys to now unlock hell - Rev. 1:18

The word translated in English as hell or hellfire when Jesus was talking to the Pharisees was the word: Gehenna.
Gehenna was Not the grave but a garbage pit where things were destroyed not kept burning forever.
Those false religious leaders were subjects fit for Gehenna or fit for destruction.
No resurrection out of Gehenna.
All the wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7
We are being forewarned to repent if we do not want to perish ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9

Old 07-04-2015, 09:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What made the dead Jesus a child of hell ?_________Acts 2:27

The Bible's temporary hell is simply mankind's stone-cold grave where the dead sleep in death until resurrected.
Jesus taught sleep in death -> John 11 vs 11-14, and so do the Psalms 115:17; 146:4 and Ecclesiastes 9:5
God resurrected the dead Jesus out of hell - Acts 3:15 - and Jesus has the keys to now unlock hell - Rev. 1:18

The word translated in English as hell or hellfire when Jesus was talking to the Pharisees was the word: Gehenna.
Gehenna was Not the grave but a garbage pit where things were destroyed not kept burning forever.
Those false religious leaders were subjects fit for Gehenna or fit for destruction.
No resurrection out of Gehenna.
All the wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7
We are being forewarned to repent if we do not want to perish ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9
Your barometer is over heating.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:38 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
Quote:
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are

We know from this single comment of Jesus that they are religious(devout), they evangelize and their evangelism succeeds. He also said they shut up the kingdom of heaven in the faces of those trying to enter in, but also blind to the fact they neither have entered into themselves because they don't recognize where it is or what it is. They neglect mercy, justice and faithfulness. They are blind leaders of the blind.

I think the easiest way to recognize one today is not the person who does not believe in God has any desire to seek after him, but those who think it is their God given right to judge and condemn what they assume is sin in another.

Jesus was speaking to "hypocrites" - you said so yourself. These are also who He spoke of in the parable of the "Tares".

The devil's greatest tool is a reflection of God's Truths. It can look like it, sound like it and feel like it, but at the end of it, it produces no fruit and is burnt in fire. The world needs to wake up and realize this. There are always 2 sides to something- the truth and the lie and when they BOTH sound the SAME... it's time to get on you're knees and pray for understanding from His Son Jesus. He said HE was the WAY to His FATHER and that there is no other path.

You liars and "hypocrites", that speak against this are seeing only the "reflection"- wake up! Shut up! and repent! Get on you're knees and pray to the Son Jesus and REPENT!

Old 07-04-2015, 11:05 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Why does the translator capitalize "the One"? They assume it refers to God; however, in context, as I read it, it most certainly does not refer to God. The very next 2 sentences in that passage contradict that possibility:
“Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."

And then there is the passage that tells you who DOES kill and destroy*, and it ain't God.:
“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
*“And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matt. 10:28
Nicely done, Pleroo! Rep IOU.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:09 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
Quote:

Yep. Which goes along with my contention that we are born into hell. The only way out of the kingdom of darkness/hell is to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:13 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
Jesus was speaking to "hypocrites" - you said so yourself. These are also who He spoke of in the parable of the "Tares".

The devil's greatest tool is a reflection of God's Truths. It can look like it, sound like it and feel like it, but at the end of it, it produces no fruit and is burnt in fire. The world needs to wake up and realize this. There are always 2 sides to something- the truth and the lie and when they BOTH sound the SAME... it's time to get on you're knees and pray for understanding from His Son Jesus. He said HE was the WAY to His FATHER and that there is no other path.

You liars and "hypocrites", that speak against this are seeing only the "reflection"- wake up! Shut up! and repent! Get on you're knees and pray to the Son Jesus and REPENT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ApHs5xJgf0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity