Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 05:46 AM

3 posts, read 2,187 times

Advertisements

meaning for Gods anointed is The Greek name for an individual "Christos" rendered "Christ" in Scripture comes from the Greek word “chrio” The Hebrew word for the verb to anoint is mashach and is the root of Messiah,
which means “anointed one.” why is
Isaiah 45

45 Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

if Jesus is Christ or Messiah why did God call king Cyrus his anointed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 06:42 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
I'm anointed, too. And very grateful and humbled by it.

Anyone is that opens their heart and loves God...as far as I can tell
looking at their lives...it's kind of obvious. (You literally would not believe
my life, my friends watch in awe.)
Anyone filled with the Holy Spirit or lives a Spirit filled life is, that's just what I see.

People may disagree, but I don't mind. Lol, Why would I?

Old 11-21-2015, 06:46 AM

14,886 posts, read 17,167,331 times
Strong's Hebrew: 4899. ????????? (mashiach) -- anointed

Many have been anointed by God for a specific purpose and there is one special individual who has a special anointing, that individual being Jesus Christ.

"..the Old Testament understands the anointing as the physical act of pouring oil over someone's head that indicated God's choice of them for a very special function or office in Israel. It was usually kings and priests who were thus anointed. With the physical and ceremonial act of anointing, done according to God's will and upon only those chosen by God, went the special endowment of the Spirit or divine enablement to carry out the functions of the office for which they were being anointed. The Old Testament also predicted a special anointed One, who would come and bring salvation and deliverance to Israel."

http://cicministry.org/commentary/issue5.htm

God bless.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:21 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclesiates View Post
meaning for Gods anointed is The Greek name for an individual "Christos" rendered "Christ" in Scripture comes from the Greek word “chrio” The Hebrew word for the verb to anoint is mashach and is the root of Messiah,
Isaiah 45

45 Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

Dear ecc,
All the prophets, high priest, and kings such as King David were considered "anointed", and in fact King David was anointed by the Samuel (1 Sam 16:13) Per 1 John 2:27-28, all the "little children" are anointed.

New American Standard Bible
Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon David from that day forward. And Samuel arose and went to Ramah.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:20 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Isaiah 45

Throughout the Bible, there have been many that have been anointed for a time. Joseph was a "type" of Christ, as was David, and Joshua. Judges is full of examples of people that were types of Christ. They were anointed by God to deliver their people in a time of need.

Jesus is the ultimate Messiah, though -- the one who saved God's people from sin -- who died on a cross to pay the penalty for our sin, so that anyone that trusts in him is saved from God's wrath. The rest just pointed to him.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:24 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Isaiah 45

Because that is all Mashiach means, "anointed one"....There are many in the Hebrew bible that were Mashiach, or "anointed" by G-d to do a specific task...The Priests in the Temple were Mashiach or anointed...The confusion comes from Christianity's erroneously defining of Mashiach as "savior"...When it simply means anointed one...All the prophets were anointed, so, they were all Messiahs...Or Mashiach...

Old 11-21-2015, 10:29 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Strong's Hebrew: 4899. ????????? (mashiach) -- anointed

Many have been anointed by God for a specific purpose and there is one special individual who has a special anointing, that individual being Jesus Christ.

Now, where does it imply a "special" anointing?...

Quote:
"..the Old Testament understands the anointing as the physical act of pouring oil over someone's head that indicated God's choice of them for a very special function or office in Israel. It was usually kings and priests who were thus anointed. With the physical and ceremonial act of anointing, done according to God's will and upon only those chosen by God, went the special endowment of the Spirit or divine enablement to carry out the functions of the office for which they were being anointed. The Old Testament also predicted a special anointed One, who would come and bring salvation and deliverance to Israel."

Where does it say "salvation and deliverance"?...

Old 11-21-2015, 02:38 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
The anointing of Christians come from the anointing of Jesus Christ and His portion of Christ, God put on Jesus..... , See Jesus said on the cross to God ` take this cup from me ` which means the cup of the anointing of Christ , so this part of the spirit of Christ does not have to go thorough the torment of the Crucifixion

Old 11-21-2015, 02:56 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Isaiah 45

Certain individuals who receive special appointment from God are anointed--- The little flock( Luke 12:32)= Rev 14:3--144,000 bought from the earth( only these are promised heaven) to rule on thrones beside Jesus during his millennial reign--to be kings and priests. The great multitude, are not anointed--these received this promise from Jesus--Matt 5:5--Blessed are the meek for they( great multitude) will inherit the earth.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:21 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,852 times
Scripture says God's people are anointed in truth. God's people are Israel. So the Messiah is Israel, the son of God and servant of God, One in truth. I am Israel.

"Israel is my son, my firstborn. Let my son go so he can serve me"

"Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased, upon whom I have put my spirit. He will deliver justice to the nation's."

"The Lord is the strength of His people, the saving refuge of His anointed."

"Sanctify them in truth"

"Your word is truth"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity