Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 12:38 PM

950 posts, read 692,952 times

Advertisements

In the midst of the Migrant Crisis in Europe, Hungary's Prime Minister Orban has imposed harsh measures by sealing off its border with massive coils of barbed wire. Prime Minister Orban defended the measures saying he was preserving Christian Europe which is being threatened by the endless flood of Muslims. This will lead to a Europe where we will end up in the minority, a dire threat to Christianity.
What do you think? Was Hungary justified?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 12:39 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
How is closing borders "defending christianity?"

"Do not mistreat or oppress a foreigner, for you were foreigners in Egypt.

exodus 22:21

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

leviticus 19:34

BELOW IS HOW WE DEFEND CHRISTIANITY---JUST LIKE JESUS WOULD...

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

"He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Old 09-16-2015, 01:56 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
In the midst of the Migrant Crisis in Europe, Hungary's Prime Minister Orban has imposed harsh measures by sealing off its border with massive coils of barbed wire. Prime Minister Orban defended the measures saying he was preserving Christian Europe which is being threatened by the endless flood of Muslims. This will lead to a Europe where we will end up in the minority, a dire threat to Christianity.
I understand the other surrounding nations are rejecting them because of "security reasons", as well. Including some Islamic ones, if I'm not mistaken.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:08 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
No. Christians do not turn their backs on their brothers and sisters.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I understand the other surrounding nations are rejecting them because of "security reasons", as well. Including some Islamic ones, if I'm not mistaken.
Do we suppose Christ will start rejecting based on "security" reasons?? LOL

Old 09-16-2015, 03:01 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,441 times
I'm sure it is a difficult decision to make. I can see both sides of the issue. All the trouble going on because if that wicked Assad. Ugh ... men like him bring so much misery to so many people. I have to wonder why he is not dead by now.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:05 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Yes...

Old 09-16-2015, 03:26 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Do we suppose Christ will start rejecting based on "security" reasons?? LOL
Do you think that the US opening up borders is equivalent to receiving them in Christ's name? I keep getting told this isn't a Christian nation.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:29 PM

Obviously the USA has heard that too, because all the government seems to do is FINANCE the war in Syria that has created so many refugees.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:31 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,823 times
Why don't the Moslem nations confederate [they say they are brothers with the same Allah], put an end to these oppressive nations such as Syria and give these refugees back their homeland. Why must other nations whose economy they will put in turmoil be the haven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity