Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 06:21 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
As Mike555 pointed out, blaspheming is denying the salvation aspect that the Holy One offers.

Let's get one thing straight, and I pray this makes a difference in fearful hearts: the enemy whispers stuff to us, and we are not accountable for that - our task is to cast down everything that denies His power in us. I believe scripture actually says, "every thought captive to the obedience of Christ". (2 Cor 10:5)

The obedience of who? Our salvation is not based on our obedience - but His.

I hope that takes the weight off of some shoulders - rest in your Savior.
LOVE casts out all FEAR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 04:10 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusGirl96 View Post
Hi I really need help I fear I commited the unforgivable sin Sooo i was explaining this to some people online So saying the name of the Holy Spirit and say he’s demonic u commit the sin u have to blaspheme his works??His works or his name ?? Cause I remember I once got mad at god and said holy spirt is dem** I was confessing that to some people online and then I also confess that to my mom with my mouth many times because I kept having those thoughts in my head after I read what it ment sooo I was scare of my thinking does that count as a sin because I couldn’t stop thinking what Jesus said or what that sin ment after i read it i couldn’t stop thinking about day and night and then I was confessing it to a lot of people or does god know I’m worry ?? cause I’m sooo worried because mark chapter 3 verse 20-30 says if u call him a devil there will be no forgiveness please don’t judge my writing I just need help !!! Do u think it’s a sin if I confessed it to people about what I said about the holy spirt like I would tell them that I said the holy spirt is dem** I confess that to people with my mouth because I was worried do u think it’s still a sin by confessing that with my mouth?? or does god understand me??? I'm in fear and depress
Because I couldn't controll my thinking sooo each time I was thinking that in my head years it all started on 2012 till now I would always run to my mom or to people and tell them about what I said about the holy spirt and I also showed them how I said it in my mind with mouth this obsession came since the first time I saw the scripture about the blasphemy against the spirt I couldn't read something else in the bible I would just focus only in that scripture and then all this happen what should I do now??? so do u guys think just by confessing the things I said in the pass like repeating the words I said about the Holy Spirit like I showed them how I said it with my mouth does it count as blasphemy?
The fact that one's conscience is in fear that the unforgivable sin is committed more than likely shows that is Not the case.

Please notice Hebrews 6:4-6 as it mentions those who have committed the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32
We don't want to be guilty for the ' woes' committed by the false religious leaders of Matthew chapter 23.

We are to repent so as Not to perish ( be destroyed ) 2nd Peter 3:9

Old 08-24-2015, 11:57 PM

21 posts, read 21,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The fact that one's conscience is in fear that the unforgivable sin is committed more than likely shows that is Not the case.

Please notice Hebrews 6:4-6 as it mentions those who have committed the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32
We don't want to be guilty for the ' woes' committed by the false religious leaders of Matthew chapter 23.

We are to repent so as Not to perish ( be destroyed ) 2nd Peter 3:9

what u trying to say by saying The fact that one's conscience is in fear that the unforgivable sin is committed more than likely shows that is Not the case?

Old 08-25-2015, 07:52 AM

689 posts, read 494,779 times
Where the HS is concerned I am more than happy to upset it, should it exist, as 'spirit filled' idiots cause so many problems in this world!

Old 08-25-2015, 08:55 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Well, Trout Dude, that's okay because being in bondage to fear is a terrible thing. If you have never been there, it's hard to know how bad it really is. Agape love casts out fear because fear (serious fear) has torment.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:01 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusGirl96 View Post
our task is to cast down everything that denies His power in us. what does that mean sorry like what u trying to say??

I'm not trying to answer for him, but the scripture does say that we must put on the full armor of God (spiritual attire) so that we can cast down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself (or tries to exalt itself) against the knowledge of God. What knowledge of God? That his love is everlasting and no one and nothing can separate us from his love (as it says in the book of Romans). You must take control of your thoughts. You must not allow the lying thoughts to have a place in you. This takes practice and faith. Prayer is needed also. Do not allow the darkness to torment you - it has no right to do so. I feel you may also be battling having a double image of God. You must have a clear image of God's goodness by faith.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:16 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Holy Spirit doesn't have a name...It is the spirit of G-d...Not a separate entity...
Correct

Old 08-25-2015, 09:18 AM

689 posts, read 494,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Correct
Then it must be totally evil like the deity!

Old 08-25-2015, 02:49 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
Then it must be totally evil like the deity!
And I'm sure you are perfect in every way possible and are able to judge God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity