Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 07:28 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times

Advertisements

Right living is not a result of doing, but rather a result of right believing. For as a man thinks in his heart, so is he. (Proverbs 23:7)

Preaching about right living will not result in long-lasting or permanent change in people’s behavior. It’s time for us to go after the root, and the root is not in preaching right living, but in preaching right believing. Believe right and you will live right. The opposite is also true: Believe wrong and you will live wrong.

My friend, Christianity is not about behavior modification. It is about inward heart transformation. So start addressing the root instead. Get hold of good teachings that are full of God’s grace and that reveal His righteousness that comes by faith in Jesus.

When you are anchored on these unshakable foundations, your outward behavior will come in line with His Word and you will begin to be transformed into His image from glory to glory (2Corinthians 3:18).

So today, meditate on God’s grace toward you and how you are made right by Jesus’ finished work on the cross. You will produce the fruits of righteousness and reign in life! (Romans 5:17)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 08:07 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Scripture says as the son of man says;

By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned.

Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you.

Once you have the light belive in the light and you will become a child of light.

From the believers heart shall flow rivers of living water.

He who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty, the water I give him shall be like a fountain inside him springing up to provide eternal life.

O hope of Israel! O Lord! All who forsake you shall be put to shame; those who turn away from you shall be recorded in the underworld, for they have forsaken the fountain of living water, the Lord.

He who believes in me shall do the works I do......

The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me

The works the Father gave me to do, the very works I am doing testify God sent me.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:40 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Good post from the OP... the fruit comes from the root.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:55 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Right living is not a result of doing, but rather a result of right believing. For as a man thinks in his heart, so is he. (Proverbs 23:7)

Preaching about right living will not result in long-lasting or permanent change in people’s behavior. It’s time for us to go after the root, and the root is not in preaching right living, but in preaching right believing. Believe right and you will live right. The opposite is also true: Believe wrong and you will live wrong.

My friend, Christianity is not about behavior modification. It is about inward heart transformation. So start addressing the root instead. Get hold of good teachings that are full of God’s grace and that reveal His righteousness that comes by faith in Jesus.

When you are anchored on these unshakable foundations, your outward behavior will come in line with His Word and you will begin to be transformed into His image from glory to glory (2Corinthians 3:18).

So today, meditate on God’s grace toward you and how you are made right by Jesus’ finished work on the cross. You will produce the fruits of righteousness and reign in life! (Romans 5:17)
No...

Old 09-08-2015, 10:19 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

God gives us grace because we are constantly disobedient to him, so we have grace to repent of our sins.

To be saved is being set apart, so your behavior is a huge way to set you apart. IF you are living just like the world (drunkenness, sexual immorality, idolatry, etc) and think grace is all you need with no change in your lifestyle, Jesus himself says he will reject you and say he never knew you.

Matthew 7:21-23 (NKJV)
I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Old 09-08-2015, 10:28 AM

I "never" knew you - self explanatory.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:32 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
God gives us grace because we are constantly disobedient to him, so we have grace to repent of our sins.

To be saved is being set apart, so your behavior is a huge way to set you apart. IF you are living just like the world (drunkenness, sexual immorality, idolatry, etc) and think grace is all you need with no change in your lifestyle, Jesus himself says he will reject you and say he never knew you.
Actually, being saved is about being delivered from something or someone.

Being holy is being set apart.

Just wanted to clarify.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:05 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Sure you can provoke the legalists , ..Well Jesus does it through His children many times easier than doing it for God

Old 09-09-2015, 11:28 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
IF you are living just like the world (drunkenness, sexual immorality, idolatry, etc) and think grace is all you need with no change in your lifestyle, Jesus himself says he will reject you and say he never knew you.
Read the OP. Do you see where it says right belief bears fruit? We could also say that belief includes a commitment to live according to the principles we learn from Jesus, would that help?

Old 09-09-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Read the OP. Do you see where it says right belief bears fruit? We could also say that belief includes a commitment to live according to the principles we learn from Jesus, would that help?
I've found that believing 'He is our righteousness' to be enough.

Think about it, He is the Lamb that takes away the sin of the world - with no condemnation comes freedom to live, knowing God is for you. Let's think of it this way: Jesus first said, "Neither do I condemn you" giving the woman (who was in line to be stoned to death) the power to "go and sin no more".

Paul gets deep into this, but I know Paul's not respected much by some around here; nevertheless, what he preached bears witness with our lives today. When I was getting the law put in my face constantly, I felt the weight of responsibility and guess what?

The strength of sin is the law, just like Paul said. If you focus on sin (law minded), that's what you'll see.

If you keep your eyes on His work on your behalf, you walk without temptation and fear of falling.

To recap, believers are told to "fear not" 365 times in the New Testament - and only once to "fear".

That we don't enter into rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity