Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 11:36 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,937,919 times

Advertisements

The gospels are filled with all that is recorded Jesus instructed the disciples.
Doing the Father's will, realtime obeying the Holy Spirit Jesus designated to teach in His place.

There is no greater expression of love for God than to Obey Him.

Then one can properly have the guidance to how God wants His love demonstrated to the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 01:02 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,253,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Is that all He said?

Why no it was not all he said--he finished with-

There is no commandment greater than these."

Old 09-10-2015, 02:37 PM

63,897 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Jesus said His followers do this:
YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.
Quote:
Is that all He said?
It EMBODIES the principle (agape love) that underlies all He said, DRob. You want to ignore the principle and just blindly follow our ignorant ancestors' applications of the rules based on the principle. Don't you want to "study to show yourself approved" by actually understanding the principle underlying everything our ancestors could NOT understand????

Old 09-10-2015, 02:55 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,924,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
They do the works He did. Doing the works is believing. No works equals non believer. Are you a non believer according to Jesus teaching? Do you fail to do the works He did because you think the works are miracles. He was not speaking of the miracles.

"He who believes in me shall do the works I do"

He said that He did the works in the Father's name so His followers should do likewise since they are to be sent as He was sent as described in John 17. Of course most do not know the Father's name.

He said that the works are the words and to remain in those words to bear fruit that lasts.

IE;

"The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me." Jesus said so as do I, as He commanded.

"The words I speak are not my own it is the Father who lives in me performing His works." Ditto for me.

I do nothing on my own, I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent me.

I agree Peacegiver--Jesus warned all at John 15:20-21--- he said on account of his name( Jesus) people would do all the things against them because they did not know the one who sent him.)=Father=John 4:22-24--the only true living God
Even Jesus taught that the one who sent him( Father) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD-John 17:1-6,26) the name is Jehovah--hallowed be thy name=Jehovah.

Trinity religions do not teach what Jesus taught, they teach schools of mens dogma. That is why they are so confused and have become a divided house that will not stand-Mark 3:24-26)

Old 09-10-2015, 02:58 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,924,295 times
Quote:
Nope... everything does not stem from this.

What else does Jesus insist we do?

Jesus summed it all up in a single statement---Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God=ot-nt= years of study. how many bother? When ears are tickled with the lie--you are saved, or born again, these don't bother listening to Jesus. but those words have gotten many tithes out of them.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:18 PM

45,644 posts, read 27,260,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why no it was not all he said--he finished with-

There is no commandment greater than these."
Hey... a clue...

Old 09-10-2015, 06:29 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,789,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus summed it all up in a single statement---Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God=ot-nt= years of study. how many bother? When ears are tickled with the lie--you are saved, or born again, these don't bother listening to Jesus. but those words have gotten many tithes out of them.
Yes.

"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God."

Again, Jesus emphasizes the word of God.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
Quote:
Jesus said His followers do this:

YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.

Quote:
Is that all He said?
Quote:
Is this a pop quiz?
Quote:
Yes. You failed due to non-participation. Congrats.

You aren't going to answer the question are you?
So, I failed your eight to twenty five minute expectation?
Have you ever considered being a comedian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The point you failed to see is that everything else stems from and only exemplifies this.
True.

Quote:
Nope... everything does not stem from this.

What else does Jesus insist we do?
The second is the same as the first, if you think about it.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:17 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,949,336 times
I follow Paul's teachings, not Jesus' because at heart I'm a lazy butt and Paul said emphatically, "For it is by grace ye are saved through faith, NOT by works...". So I can be saved by faith alone and I don't have to lift a finger. That's my cup of tea.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
If you truly (and sincerely) keep the royal law stated in Scripture:
"Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing what is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity