Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 12:43 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Tribulation began a long time ago. John wrote in Revelation 1 that he is our brother and companion in the tribulation.
No, that is untrue. Not all suffering and persecution is THE Tribulation.

The way I see it, we are at the beginning of the Falling Away, but not in
THE Tribulation yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 12:46 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
The son of man will come at a time you least expect.

Stay awake or you won't know when your lord has come.

It is written in the prophets;

"The Lord is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth."

Old 09-10-2015, 12:54 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The son of man will come at a time you least expect.

Stay awake or you won't know when your lord has come.

It is written in the prophets;

"The Lord is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth."

Seems very similar to DEATH? Perhaps this is what the real tribulation and "rapture" will be..our moment of DEATH was what is being described.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:12 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
No, that is untrue. Not all suffering and persecution is THE Tribulation.

The way I see it, we are at the beginning of the Falling Away, but not in
THE Tribulation yet.
OK. See it the way you see it. Again, this is not something that has to be figured out. There are at least four major views of the end of time, and all of them focus on what is important...Jesus will return, so be ready. The particulars are not worth dividing over. I can see credibility in pieces of all four viewpoints, so I choose to follow the one that makes the most sense to me, just as you should do.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:29 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
I want to go on record as being extremely ignorant. As a well healed retired professional living in the
comfort of a green Deltec home with a 40X40 ft living room and open kitchen I haven't a clue how millions of my Arab brothers and sisters are suffering within a forced migration. People with pride, educated , professional, laborers with amazing skills, mechanics , intelligent people with nurtured children , philosophers, writers, artists a mass of humanity uprooted from their homes, culture , businesses, schools, mosques, gardens etc. Make no mistake the immigrant movement will expand and I see it as the birth pangs of tribulation whether this is year one of 7 years or a horrible "sign"? The Bible Is clear that what ushers in Tribulation is a Earthquake unlike anything ever experienced In history ( appears to be a singular Earthquake , but where?) Have to wait and ...feel . My point is we must aid these masses of displaced souls as it's what apparently Jesus would expect from we fat cats!!?? I pray they will find refuge and a peaceful transition. We must eliminate the demonic enities whether ISIS , Al Queda who's spirits have risen from the bowels of hell as predicted in scripture!
The so called Great Tribulation is not a seven year period but rather started circa 70 AD when Jerusalem was overtaken by the Romans. Jesus said that then would be the beginning of the Great Tribulation as has never been the likes of nor shall be. Consider even in the last hundred years plus how much of humanity has been lost to war, famine and disease. The curses of Satan's Kingdom.

MT 24:15 "When you therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, [whoso reads, let him understand:]" What was sealed in Daniel is now to be understood. Daniel 12:9 "And he said, Go your way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end." The time of the end is counted from the time of Christ and the former time was before.

MT 24:16 "Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
MT 24:17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
MT 24:18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
MT 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
MT 24:20 But pray you that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day:
MT 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
MT 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened." Shortened of days for the earth is not counted as men count short but has now been about two thousand years and counting. Peter in his first great sermon called his time even then, the "Last Days". If not for sin the days for the earth to remain would be longer.

On another note: Jesus will only appear at the end of this tribulation we are now in. Many are saying He will come secretly and only for the Church and then come again for all to see but that is not so

MT 24:26 "Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, He is in the desert; go not forth: behold, He is in the secret chambers; believe it not. MT 24:27 For as the lightning comes out of the east, and shines even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.MT 24:28 For wheresoever the carcass is, there will the eagles [Church] be gathered together.
MT 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
MT 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Last edited by garya123; 09-10-2015 at 01:45 PM..

Old 09-10-2015, 02:18 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Some things looks like were very close , like the whole nation of Syria has been destroyed and the Christians either have died or have fled the land , ................then we had an economic slow down in 2004 and a collapse in 2009 and still no relief some many years later as the corrupt leaders have sold out the workers to foreign land and gave the workers of America jobs with low pay .and more people standing on the streets looking for change , or stealing more right out of homes ................... See people walk away from Jesus and the land has less relief ......................I believe that Christians should be moving closer to Jesus in these days or they could end up in the poor house so to say , as Jesus will hold up His faithful and those who sow into the gospel of souls for heaven believing that Jesus will hold them up to sow more

Old 09-10-2015, 03:00 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
I want to go on record as being extremely ignorant. As a well healed retired professional living in the
comfort of a green Deltec home with a 40X40 ft living room and open kitchen I haven't a clue how millions of my Arab brothers and sisters are suffering within a forced migration. People with pride, educated , professional, laborers with amazing skills, mechanics , intelligent people with nurtured children , philosophers, writers, artists a mass of humanity uprooted from their homes, culture , businesses, schools, mosques, gardens etc. Make no mistake the immigrant movement will expand and I see it as the birth pangs of tribulation whether this is year one of 7 years or a horrible "sign"? The Bible Is clear that what ushers in Tribulation is a Earthquake unlike anything ever experienced In history ( appears to be a singular Earthquake , but where?) Have to wait and ...feel . My point is we must aid these masses of displaced souls as it's what apparently Jesus would expect from we fat cats!!?? I pray they will find refuge and a peaceful transition. We must eliminate the demonic enities whether ISIS , Al Queda who's spirits have risen from the bowels of hell as predicted in scripture!

The fall of Babylon the great ( worldwide false religions) triggers the tribulation.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:11 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,332,675 times
well, look at most every year in recorded history (including the Roman destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in a.d. 70 Jesus apparently referred to as the "abomination of the desolation") but including fires, floods, droughts, earthquakes, mass starvation, plagues (the black death which killed a large percentage of the population of Eurasia in the 1300's or the "Spanish flu" after W.W.1), wars and rumors of war (the hundred years war, the 30 years war, the world wars) and millions of refugees and displaced peoples in ancient (much of the Hebrew population forcibly taken to Babylon for many years of exile), and modern history (long before the present problems) like the millions of displaced people after the second world war---the question that could be reasonably asked is "when is it NOT threatening portents of bad things happening with a good chance of more to come?" sadly, even in seemingly quiet, peaceful, and prosperous times we have to be on guard for and deal with the external and internal assaults of the world, the flesh, and the devil (and sometimes our own pride and complacency) that can cause us to stumble and fall on our walk of faith

think Christians should probably ALWAYS be preparing to face their Maker sooner or later with or without a tribulation perhaps in the manner of the discourse in Luke 13:4 when people wondered if the death of some people in a falling tower was some kind of punishment for special sin---Jesus replied that the victims were NOT "greater sinners" than anybody else...but that "unless you repent you will ALL likewise perish"---even without having to wait for all the bad things that may precede and predict a tribulation and a Second Coming. if we do live a life of repentance of sin and trust in God's love and mercy expressed in sharing love and mercy to others even as Christ has already shown us then the future for ourselves and the world we live in need not be one of fearful waiting in a threatening series of events but an opportunity for hope and even joy that the often terrible story that is human history really has a just, loving, and merciful Author and a noble end. then "when these things begin to happen, (we can) take heart and lift up (our) heads because (our) salvation draws near" (Luke 21:28) and neither "TRIBULATION or distress"...can separate us from the love of Christ (see Romans 8:35). .

may God bless and save us all and make us worthy to meet Him whenever and however He choses to come for us.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 09-10-2015 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: more info.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:31 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Openmike, the Tribulation will not be ushered in by an earthquake. The seven year Tribulation which is Daniel's 70th week will begin with the signing of a peace treaty with Israel, referred to as 'a covenant with the many' in Daniel 9:27. For Israel at least, the first part of the Tribulation will be somewhat comparatively peaceful. But midway through the Tribulation in the middle of the week (Dan. 9:27) the prince who is to come, [the man of lawlessness in (2 Thess. 2:3-8)] will break that peace treaty with Israel and will seat himself in the temple which is referred to by Jesus as the abomination of desolation (Matthew 24:15).

Mike555 has it exactly right.........Trib starts with 7 year peace treaty after the Rapture............

Old 09-14-2015, 10:03 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
That's why I point out that it is okay to disagree, especially with regard to eschatology. As an Amillenialist, I believe the millennial reign of Christ is here and now, already-not yet, and that the numbers you speak of are symbolic, not literal. That's from my plain sense reading, and none of us knows the day or the hour. We'll talk it over with the Master when we get there
and your plain reading comes from the plain teaching of God's Word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity