Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 12:21 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times

Advertisements

In Psalms David describes what the law is and equates it with righteousness. He says that the word of God is the law because he calls it the truth which Jesus said is the word of God. The so called Jews at the time of Jesus and even up to His time thought that the law was what the Pharisees taught. Not so. The word of God is the law of God and will never pass away. Paul was taught by the Pharisees and misunderstood the law of God verses the law of the Pharisees. Jesus knew that the law was the word of God that is why we are to abide in His word, to worship by the word and continue in it. To be righteous is to possess the word of God and use it as Jesus taught.

IE;

"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth." Psalms

Jesus said;(Father) "Your word is truth."

"Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth."

"If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple"

"All those who do good to the resurrection of life"

"The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father"

"Blessed is he who's way is blameless who walks in the law of the Lord."

"Blessed is he who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 12:35 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,185,985 times
David lived under the old covenant. He did have a glimpse of the coming kingdom when he said, "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute sin." (Psalm 32:2)

Old 09-19-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
David lived under the old covenant. He did have a glimpse of the coming kingdom when he said, "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute sin." (Psalm 32:2)
Not really. What covenant are you speaking of? Can you show the verses?

Remember the verse ;

"In days to come I shall raise up a righteous shoot to David. As king he shall govern and reign wisely. In his day Judah shall be saved, Israel shall dwell in peace. The name they shall give him is the Lord our righteousness. "

God was saying that this person will be righteous like David. Jesus recognized that the law is the truth and said to abide in it. David did the same.

Notice in the verses below that the law is also considered, the decrees, the precepts, the commandment, the fear of the Lord, and the ordinances of the Lord.

Psalm 19:7-10 The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the decrees of the Lord are sure, making wise the simple;
the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is clear, enlightening the eyes;
the fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever; the ordinances of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey, and drippings of the honeycomb.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:04 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Jesus fulfilled the law of the Lord.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Jesus fulfilled the law of the Lord.
Everyone must fulfill the law of the Lord to enter the kingdom of heaven that is why the son says; Follow me.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Not really. What covenant are you speaking of?
There's a huge gulf on each side of the cross; perhaps you've heard of the Lamb of God? It is finished?

Old 09-19-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
There's a huge gulf on each side of the cross; perhaps you've heard of the Lamb of God? It is finished?
Sure, Jesus had finished what He came to do but sent those who accept His work to continue in it.

"He who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

Old 09-20-2015, 04:19 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
In the covenant of the house of Isaac people and the Moses were called to be prudent in the law , but through the covenant of grace people are all called to be prudent in the spirit , as people are called walk in the spirit of Christ and know right from wrong by the inbred of the Spirit ................. In Jeremiah 31:31-34 God says about the new Covenant to come which is the covenant of grace .............................``Behold days are coming ...................., declarers the Lord ,.................. when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah , not like the covenant which I made with the fathers in the day I took them out of the land of Egypt . My covenant which they broke , although I was a husband to them .......................declares the Lord ,.......................... But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days ,........................ declares the Lord`` ............................... I WILL PUT MY LAW WITHIN THEM AND ON THEIR HEART I WILL WRITE IT AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD AND THEY WILL BE MY PEOPLE ...................THEY WILL NOT TEACH AGAIN , EACH MAN HIS NEIGHBOR AND EACH MAN HIS BROTHER SAYING KNOW THE LORD FOR THEY WILL ALL KNOW ME FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM ..................DECLARES THE LORD ...............FOR I WILL FORGIVE THEIR INIQUITY AND THEIR SIN I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE ``................................................ ........................See hear is a prophetic Word of God which God plan to put the law through the spirit which God gave to His Children at Pentecost and people who receive His Spirit today in Christianity

Old 09-21-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In the covenant of the house of Isaac people and the Moses were called to be prudent in the law , but through the covenant of grace people are all called to be prudent in the spirit , as people are called walk in the spirit of Christ and know right from wrong by the inbred of the Spirit ................. In Jeremiah 31:31-34 God says about the new Covenant to come which is the covenant of grace .............................``Behold days are coming ...................., declarers the Lord ,.................. when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah , not like the covenant which I made with the fathers in the day I took them out of the land of Egypt . My covenant which they broke , although I was a husband to them .......................declares the Lord ,.......................... But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days ,........................ declares the Lord`` ............................... I WILL PUT MY LAW WITHIN THEM AND ON THEIR HEART I WILL WRITE IT AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD AND THEY WILL BE MY PEOPLE ...................THEY WILL NOT TEACH AGAIN , EACH MAN HIS NEIGHBOR AND EACH MAN HIS BROTHER SAYING KNOW THE LORD FOR THEY WILL ALL KNOW ME FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM ..................DECLARES THE LORD ...............FOR I WILL FORGIVE THEIR INIQUITY AND THEIR SIN I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE ``................................................ ........................See hear is a prophetic Word of God which God plan to put the law through the spirit which God gave to His Children at Pentecost and people who receive His Spirit today in Christianity
The covenant of grace is a farse that Paul taught. Jesus taught to worship in truth, God's word, which is the law of God.

"Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth....."

Old 09-21-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The covenant of grace is a farse that Paul taught. Jesus taught to worship in truth, God's word, which is the law of God.

"Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth....."
Are you saying that Jesus Christ died for nothing?!

Done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity