Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2016, 06:22 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What is your take on what Warden said here...
How about the multiple cases of God approved polygamy, or even the use of prostitutes by "men of God" in rejection of your interpretation of one man, one woman?
Why is the truth so difficult to accept?

Old 04-02-2016, 06:46 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,984 times
Loving the same sex is not a sin...debauched hedonistic pleasure seeking simply might not be a good thing.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:04 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hmmm...Ascended masters, who formed ashrams in the 60's, drew devotees of Eastern religions. What, exactly, did they "mimic and twist"? Judging by that response you either missed the 60's or you were one of those unfortunate souls who wore a "Young Republicans for Nixon" button. Phroneein.
I was 18 in 1975, so yeah I was a little young in the 60's. However, from what I've read, so many of the channelers people with itching ears flock to, seem to always be "ascended masters". That was what I was referring to. Peace

Old 04-02-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think you are referring to Falon Gong.

Never heard of that one......

Old 04-02-2016, 07:09 AM

88,546 posts, read 84,738,350 times
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong

They do very slow movements, which is why I thought you might refer to them. It's a group under persecution by the Chinese government, and they can often be seen in NYC staging peaceful protests and asking for support for their cause.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Rabbi1 is allowed to claim to be a christian, who am I to doubt?

I do not expect everyone to think, act or agree with me. Though I do wonder how some christians have come to believe and accept HATE, OPPRESSION and DISCRIMINATION are remotely Christ-like??
Thank you, I feel the same about you. However, I do wonder why it is so difficult for those that say they are Christians, to be unable to grasp G-d's desire for justification, sanctification, and purification of the soul that He gave you? It is, after all, for your good and His desired glorification. Peace

Old 04-02-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong

They do very slow movements, which is why I thought you might refer to them. It's a group under persecution by the Chinese government, and they can often be seen in NYC staging peaceful protests and asking for support for their cause.

Ok, thanks. I think I saw it on a health insurance commercial, it seems like. They were moving very slowly, all doing the same movement. It looked like San Francisco in the background. I've always wondered why such slow movements, without any resistance, would be beneficial. I went to the gym every day until a few years ago, and swam laps 4 times a week. Peace

Old 04-02-2016, 07:58 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Thank you, I feel the same about you. However, I do wonder why it is so difficult for those that say they are Christians, to be unable to grasp G-d's desire for justification, sanctification, and purification of the soul that He gave you? It is, after all, for your good and His desired glorification. Peace
Because we are NO longer under the LAW. We do not need to show ourselves JUSTIFIED, SANCTIFIED or PURIFIED as we are FORGIVEN...

If your god-in-the-tiny-box-of-insecurities needs ME to feel GLORIFIED, I think what that god really needs is a session with FREUD...because that god has some serious issues with self-esteem if the ONLY way to feel appreciated and glorified is by creating people then threatening us with eternal damnation if we do not do what he created us to do--glorify him???

Do you not see the twisted and demented logic in such a god? That would be similar to getting a dog, sitting in the chair waiting for the dog to "serve" you then shooting the dog because he wants nothing to to with you...when all you had to do was interact with the dog and allow the dog to to know who you are at which point the dog would probably have gotten that Bud from the fridge--because it is only when we KNOW someone that we are able to decide if we like that person--but when the choice is serving a tyrant or face eternal torment--both of which have no way of being proven--why wouldn't the majority of people either ignore BOTH or look towards each other with plans to make life on this planet a better place?

When we are of one mind--improving life--are we not doing the original intent of GOD? That of LOVE?

What is God quoted as saying--I DESIRE NOT BURT OFFERINGS AND SACRIFICES, BUT I DESIRE LOVE MERCY AND JUSTICE...
Actually the quote is -- For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings. from Hosea 6:6

Repeated again in MICAH 6:8--He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

And yet again in MATTHEW 9:13---But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Why is this so difficult for those who say they are evangelicals, that they are UNABLE (or UNWILLING) to grasp GOD'S desire for us??

And still the evangelical holds hard and fast to the idea we need to jump through hoops, that salvation is ALWAYS in DOUBT and god IS NEVER WRONG.

Jesus said IT IS FINISHED--no more hoops.

SALVATION is not temporary

Their interpretation of GOD is WRONG---The bible is a book, printed on PAPER by self-righteous men, and must never stand in place of GOD. The bible has become their god.
When the bible becomes an idol, god IS WRONG

Old 04-02-2016, 08:47 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,916,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Some of us at least see the desire for those processes in our lives, but we think purification would include getting rid of prejudices based on misunderstanding the intent of scripture. Can you see the point?

Old 04-02-2016, 09:02 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Tai chi and Falon Gong are two different things.

Tai chi is a series of low impact exercises that stress balance, stretching, and breathing. It began as a Chinese martial art. It is beneficial for chronic pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity