Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2016, 08:33 PM

6,791 posts, read 2,899,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus said that the days of His return would be like Sodom and Gomorrah -- and so it is. Will He let it get to the point where these night revelers start beating on doors demanding perverted sex? Time will tell.
Is THIS (above) meant to be a serious comment?

With all of the nonsense being posted on this thread subject it's become quite difficult (for me anyway) to know who is joshing and who isn't.

The above post IS joshing, right?

Old 04-02-2016, 09:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Jesus said that the days of His return would be like Sodom and Gomorrah -- and so it is. Will He let it get to the point where these night revelers start beating on doors demanding perverted sex? Time will tell.
You just keep thinking about it!

Over and over and over and over and over and over.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:08 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Is THIS (above) meant to be a serious comment?

With all of the nonsense being posted on this thread subject it's become quite difficult (for me anyway) to know who is joshing and who isn't.

The above post IS joshing, right?

Unfortunately I think it was intended as a serious comment .

Old 04-02-2016, 10:39 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,709,569 times
Quote:
Jesus meant the REAL sin of Sodom and Gomorrah. Lack of hospitality for strangers.

Quote:
As I live," declares the Lord GOD, "Sodom, your sister and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done. "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy.
Ezekiel 16:48-49

America, with all its riches, still has people starving--and at least one political party upset with the little that is done for those people.

We now have a presidential candidate wanting to build walls around America. We have another wanting to send police patrols through Muslim neighborhoods.

So, yeah, understood properly, we've been in the last days forever--and it hasn't a thing to do with sex.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:48 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
I would suggest that we DO forget about them and rather concern ourselves with "US". Are any of us really in a position where we can judge others?

As far as I know, adult fornicating and adultery is not against the law. Now, nor is homosexuality in most places. However, from a Bible perspective adultery is punishable by death. So too is homosexuality for those who believe that homosexuality is condemned in the Bible.

Incidentally, where in the Bible was this form of punishment ever revoked? Christians get awful quiet whenever these penalties for specific 'sins' - as commanded by God - get raised.

Why is it necessary to 'begin' at all? We are responsible for our own behavior, not that of others. The Fundamentalist Church has spawned far too many self-appointed 'moral cops' and this is pretty much what we're dealing with here on this thread.

For those who believe homosexuality is condemned?

I don't know what you mean by that. Eating lobster is condemned in the bible but I will eat me one tomorrow, maybe two.

I believe in Christ and although I know how guilty I am concerning the law and God's definition of sin, I still have my hopes in salvation.

God is not undecided about fornication and yet I am a fornicator.

But just because I am guilty of fornication, I am not going to try and justify it, I am guilty, guilty of worse things than that.

Do you really know the law?

If I began asking you simple questions about the priests officiating the laws and what they are doing, will you be able to keep up? I lived 45 years thinking I knew the law when I never did. I began to study.

We aren't discussing opinion on the law, the law is the law.

I am so freaking guilty for sins against the law, and I know the law well enough to know I am guilty, but you talk about the law as if it is up in the air when it is not.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
I would suggest that we DO forget about them and rather concern ourselves with "US". Are any of us really in a position where we can judge others?

As far as I know, adult fornicating and adultery is not against the law. Now, nor is homosexuality in most places. However, from a Bible perspective adultery is punishable by death. So too is homosexuality for those who believe that homosexuality is condemned in the Bible.

Incidentally, where in the Bible was this form of punishment ever revoked? Christians get awful quiet whenever these penalties for specific 'sins' - as commanded by God - get raised.

Why is it necessary to 'begin' at all? We are responsible for our own behavior, not that of others. The Fundamentalist Church has spawned far too many self-appointed 'moral cops' and this is pretty much what we're dealing with here on this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
For those who believe homosexuality is condemned?
Yes, for those such as yourself that believe homosexuality is condemned. I don't believe that homosexuality is condemned. But, for those that do believe homosexuality is condemned by God they always stop short at imposing the death penalty. If they're going to quote a passage of scripture to use against adulterers and homosexuals then they need to quote the ENTIRE passage or no scripture at all!

Quote:
I don't know what you mean by that.
You don't know what I mean by what? That certain violations of God's law were punishable by death?

Quote:
Eating lobster is condemned in the bible but I will eat me one tomorrow, maybe two.
Good for you. It's fortunate for you that you can afford one lobster, let alone two.

Quote:
I believe in Christ and although I know how guilty I am concerning the law and God's definition of sin, I still have my hopes in salvation.

God is not undecided about fornication and yet I am a fornicator.

But just because I am guilty of fornication, I am not going to try and justify it, I am guilty, guilty of worse things than that.
Don't be so hard on yourself.

Quote:
Do you really know the law?
I know the law of the land pretty well. I'm not particularly interested in any other law. What law did you have in mind?

Quote:
If I began asking you simple questions about the priests officiating the laws and what they are doing, will you be able to keep up? I lived 45 years thinking I knew the law when I never did. I began to study.
As said, I'm not particularly interested.

Quote:
We aren't discussing opinion on the law, the law is the law.
Sorry. You're talking to the wrong person.

Quote:
I am so freaking guilty for sins against the law, and I know the law well enough to know I am guilty, but you talk about the law as if it is up in the air when it is not.
There are apparently 613-plus laws in the Old Testament Bible, so ...knock yourself out.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Jesus meant the REAL sin of Sodom and Gomorrah. Lack of hospitality for strangers.

America, with all its riches, still has people starving--and at least one political party upset with the little that is done for those people.

We now have a presidential candidate wanting to build walls around America. We have another wanting to send police patrols through Muslim neighborhoods.

So, yeah, understood properly, we've been in the last days forever--and it hasn't a thing to do with sex.
I absolutely agree with the above, of course.

However, back to Ezekiel ...those who are capable of reading the Bible for themselves rather than merely being passive recipients of what they're told by their church leaders just might refer to verse 50 of Ezekiel 16 which reads: "Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it.…

As soon as many 'fundies' see the word, "abomination" (which can only mean one thing, of course!) their eyes roll over (like Jaws) as they go in for the attack.

I'll be ready for them if and when they do.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:39 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times
Quote:

There are apparently 613-plus laws in the Old Testament Bible, so ...knock yourself out.
Stand by for... 'Jesus abolished all those laws - oh, except for the one that allows us to castigate those evil gays.'

Old 04-03-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Stand by for... 'Jesus abolished all those laws - oh, except for the one that allows us to castigate those evil gays.'
Yep. They're so predictable, aren't they?

Old 04-03-2016, 07:58 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

Another twisting of Sodom and Gomorrah as being about inhospitable behavior instead of homosexual behavior. The deceit never ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity