Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 04:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
AGAIN, Sneaky sneaky. You couldn't even find the word gay in the bible. Tisk tisk tisk

Heck some other guy claimed the word homosexual couldn't be found either in the holy scriptures

Even if someone wanted to believe homosexuality was ok, all they'd have to do is read these epic failed sneaky attempts to post
verses hoping none of us will read the truth, then make their mind up

Sinners, your attempts are fruitless. Change direction with your efforts, walk towards the light. Get reconciled with your Creator, accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, confess your sins, repent, and actually enjoy a fruitful life worth living. One based in TRUTH and not sneaky lies. You have an eternal real family waiting for you
The theme is a reference to those that abuse themselves, and others.

Old 03-12-2016, 04:37 PM

920 posts, read 931,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life?
Oops@
You forgot to name the verse and the context in which it was said
John 5:39

39You studyc the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Jesus is talking to pharisees who misuse the holy scriptures by refusing to come to him. By pushing lies. Do you think the pharisees also omited the book and verses of their quotes? Do you think the Pharisees verbally exclaimed half bible verses to push their own lies?You are posting lies on a Christian message board where holy scripture is the authority. You refuse to quote the name of the book or verses in their entirety in hopes we won't look it up, so you can segregate it apart from the context it was meant to be understood.
Sorry buddy. It says you need to come to him to have eternal life, that searching the scriptures dilligently will not result in such salvation without accepting him as your Lord and Savior.

Quote:
I focus on the here and now - without discriminating or being egotistical.
The here and now, as defined by scripture is a life that is short and will pass away. There is a warning against this thinking. It is "but a vapor" James 4:14
Read James 4 below about a warning about the here and now and what God wants you to replace this mindset with...

The part of a bible verse you post is addressing, here and now, or I think it is part of a bible verse..it is addressing The UNSAVED.
Read it in it's entirety
James 4

Things to Avoid

4 [a]What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? [b]Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask [c]with wrong motives, so that you may spend it [d]on your pleasures. 4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: “[e]He [f]jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us”? 6 But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7 Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.
11 Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.” 14 [g]Yet you do not know [h]what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.15 [i]Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.” 16 But as it is, you boast in your [j]arrogance; all such boasting is evil. 17 Therefore, to one who knows the [k]right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.
Sneaky attempts to post scripture ...omitting the actual book and verse ...where we can actually find it to verify it as truth... in the context you have presented.. it is futile. It's been overly tried here. Just Give it up. Reference the bible verse correctly or don't try. If you can post here, you can use the keyword search at Bible Gateway

It says instead of focusing on the here and now, instead say "if the lord wills, we will live and also do this or that". Again, if the lord wills...

Don't think you're that smart. The guy before you actually had the gall to post only half or less than half, of a bible verse to make his point. Yet I rained on his parade by quoting it in its entirety. You see some are so much in a yoke of bondage to sin they even exert energy into trying to post on message boards lies, half verses while ignoring the truth in its entirety. All so they can continue on in sin. What baffles me is where this obsession with twisting the truth (gospel) came from? can you not continue in sin without the ultimate goal of lying about our holy god?

Quote:
Now then, why are you attempting to put the yoke of bondage (your beliefs) on others?
I have quoted the bible. Book and Verse. If you don't like what it says, take it up with the author. At least communicate with him, praying is a great start. I know you can.
Quote:
Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute and oppressed.
Hence why I am exposing your lies against the holy people of God. Or wasting time...I do not descriminate to justify any particular sin they want to wallow in. We all sin, there ain't nothing special about the sodomites, homosexuals, etc..get over yourself. We were all unsaved, most still are.

Speclalizing on being the victim gets you nowhere. God can save. It is truth. And he uses the very people you are persecuting to save you. Luckily Saul aka Paul, heeded Gods commands to become allies with his disciples. Those who were first afraid of him, wary of him due to his killing of the Believers. So those you persecute, are those whom your salvation lies. Faith cometh by hearing, therefore open your heart and ears to hearing the truth. Faith justifies, it sanctifies, it washes then allows righteousness to be imputed within you so you can be viewed as perfect, holy, blameless so you can enter heaven. With your heavenly family. Pray for salvation. The effort is well worth it

Last edited by OutdoorsyGal; 03-12-2016 at 04:58 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
OutdoorsyGal AGAIN, Sneaky sneaky. You couldn't even find the word gay in the bible. Tisk tisk tisk

Heck some other guy claimed the word homosexual couldn't be found either in the holy scriptures

Even if someone wanted to believe homosexuality was ok, all they'd have to do is read these epic failed sneaky attempts to post
verses hoping none of us will read the truth, then make their mind up

Sinners, your attempts are fruitless. Change direction with your efforts, walk towards the light. Get reconciled with your Creator, accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, confess your sins, repent, and actually enjoy a fruitful life worth living. One based in TRUTH and not sneaky lies. You have an eternal real family waiting for you

Quote:
Abuse themselves and others? where is the word abuse found in scripture? it's not. Not to mention the above you are responding to never encompasses the word abuse nor could the bible use it as a theme since it never even uses the term at all.

Nonetheless...to address the theme of your abuse - without the blood, these sins listed in the verses I posted lead to death. A never ending death in a fiery hell. There is no temporal abuse inflicted upon the unbelievers or believers. It is MUCH MUCH WORSE than that.

Please don't try to deceive anyone sending the to the firely place only describing the theme of those passages as those who are abused or abuse others or abuse themselves. It never even alludes to such as the theme. In fact, it is straightforward what the warning is, a warning from entering hell.

Care for others more than that, just try... Even without the holy spirit inside you, just at least keep that part of you under control. Prayer helps alot.

Last edited by OutdoorsyGal; 03-12-2016 at 05:24 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Oops@
You forgot to name the verse and the context in which it was said
John 5:39

39You studyc the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Jesus is talking to pharisees who misuse the holy scriptures by refusing to come to him. By pushing lies. Do you think the pharisees also omited the book and verses of their quotes? Do you think the Pharisees verbally exclaimed half bible verses to push their own lies?You are posting lies on a Christian message board where holy scripture is the authority. You refuse to quote the name of the book or verses in their entirety in hopes we won't look it up, so you can segregate it apart from the context it was meant to be understood.
Sorry buddy. It says you need to come to him to have eternal life, that searching the scriptures dilligently will not result in such salvation without accepting him as your Lord and Savior. The here and now, as defined by scripture is a life that is short and will pass away. There is a warning against this thinking. It is "but a vapor" James 4:14
Read James 4 below about a warning about the here and now and what God wants you to replace this mindset with...

The part of a bible verse you post is addressing, here and now, or I think it is part of a bible verse..it is addressing The UNSAVED.
Read it in it's entirety
James 4

Things to Avoid

4 [a]What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? [b]Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask [c]with wrong motives, so that you may spend it [d]on your pleasures. 4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: “[e]He [f]jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us”? 6 But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7 Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.
11 Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.” 14 [g]Yet you do not know [h]what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.15 [i]Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.” 16 But as it is, you boast in your [j]arrogance; all such boasting is evil. 17 Therefore, to one who knows the [k]right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.
Sneaky attempts to post scripture ...omitting the actual book and verse ...where we can actually find it to verify it as truth... in the context you have presented.. it is futile. It's been overly tried here. Just Give it up. Reference the bible verse correctly or don't try. If you can post here, you can use the keyword search at Bible Gateway

It says instead of focusing on the here and now, instead say "if the lord wills, we will live and also do this or that". Again, if the lord wills...

Don't think you're that smart. The guy before you actually had the gall to post only half or less than half, of a bible verse to make his point. Yet I rained on his parade by quoting it in its entirety. You see some are so much in a yoke of bondage to sin they even exert energy into trying to post on message boards lies, half verses while ignoring the truth in its entirety. All so they can continue on in sin. What baffles me is where this obsession with twisting the truth (gospel) came from? can you not continue in sin without the ultimate goal of lying about our holy god?I have quoted the bible. Book and Verse. If you don't like what it says, take it up with the author. At least communicate with him, praying is a great start. I know you can. Hence why I am exposing your lies against the holy people of God. Or wasting time...I do not descriminate to justify any particular sin they want to wallow in. We all sin, there ain't nothing special about the sodomites, homosexuals, etc..get over yourself. We were all unsaved, most still are.

Speclalizing on being the victim gets you nowhere. God can save. It is truth. And he uses the very people you are persecuting to save you. Luckily Saul aka Paul, heeded Gods commands to become allies with his disciples. Those who were first afraid of him, wary of him due to his killing of the Believers. So those you persecute, are those whom your salvation lies. Faith cometh by hearing, therefore open your heart and ears to hearing the truth. Faith justifies, it sanctifies, it washes then allows righteousness to be imputed within you so you can be viewed as perfect, holy, blameless so you can enter heaven. With your heavenly family. Pray for salvation. The effort is well worth it
I do not hold myself above others and have read the Scriptures in their entirety, not just a partial verse or chapter that suits me. Remember, it rains on the just and unjust alike. And you are not in the position to judge the heart of anyone, herein.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:

Abuse themselves and others? where is the word abuse found in scripture? it's not. Not to mention the above you are responding to never encompasses the word abuse nor could the bible use it as a theme since it never even uses the term at all.

Nonetheless...to address the theme of your abuse - without the blood, these sins listed in the verses I posted lead to death. A never ending death in a fiery hell. There is no temporal abuse inflicted upon the unbelievers or believers. It is MUCH MUCH WORSE than that.

Please don't try to deceive anyone sending the to the firely place only describing the theme of those passages as those who are abused or abuse others or abuse themselves. It never even alludes to such as the theme. In fact, it is straightforward what the warning is, a warning from entering hell.

Care for others more than that, just try... Even without the holy spirit inside you, just at least keep that part of you under control. Prayer helps alot.
I see you are an English major, make an attempt to study other languages.
Instead of merely being indoctrinated - for there is no eternal hellhole.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I do not hold myself above others and have read the Scriptures in their entirety, not just a partial verse or chapter that suits me. Remember, it rains on the just and unjust alike. And you are not in the position to judge the heart of anyone, herein.
Here are a few verses regarding judgement for us all. I need this reminder also sometimes. There is a whole kingdom open to receiving new family members to experience the joy and reconcilation possible with the Father. Yet some folks spend enormous amounts of time pushing that which keeps people from not only having a true father, an eternal family forever and ever...babying one particular sin, or a few, homosexuality and those who might judge them wrongly. Instead let the verses speak to you, your God. Spending time to assists others to seal their fate spending eternity in hell is not the right path. It is the wide path where most will enter sure, but show the way to the narrow path instead, where few will enter.

John 7
20 The crowd answered, “You have a demon! Who seeks to kill You?” 21 Jesus answered them, “I did one [a]deed, and you all marvel. 22 For this reason Moses has given you circumcision (not because it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and on the Sabbath you circumcise a man. 23 If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made an entire man well on the Sabbath? 24 Do not judge according to appearance, but [b]judge with righteous judgment.”

Matthew 7
Judging Others7 “Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and [a]by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how [b]can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.
6 “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I see you are an English major, make an attempt to study other languages.
Instead of merely being indoctrinated - for there is no eternal hellhole.
Even if the hellhole you refer to is not eternal, why would you want to experience it, if even for a short time?

If someone has studied the truth and finds annihilation their belief, hell still exists (Hades/Sheol)

The JW's and Mormons believe in Soul Sleep if I recall. if it is truth, it doesn't matter.

I haven't read in the scriptures ...where not understanding hell completely... keeps a person from salvation

Old 03-12-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Even if the hellhole you refer to is not eternal, why would you want to experience it, if even for a short time?

If someone has studied the truth and finds annihilation their belief, hell still exists (Hades/Sheol)

The JW's and Mormons believe in Soul Sleep if I recall. if it is truth, it doesn't matter.

I haven't read in the scriptures where not understanding hell completely keeps a person from salvation
Men teach separation within the boundaries of their beliefs.
Christ Jesus tore-down the partition that divided mankind.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:55 PM

Revelation 20:
14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire

Revelation 20:
12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, every one of them, according to their deeds

The saved are not judged according to their deeds except to receive crowns of glory.

The unsaved are, and depending upon those deeds, it defines the level of torment.

This is one very good reason why, if in a christian forum and the holy scriptures are the authority, scripture must always be posted. Not talking about the scriptures but divulging right into them and posting them so we can all see the truth. And study it for ourselves. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone who visited these Christianity threads were saved?

Old 03-12-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Men teach separation within the boundaries of their beliefs.
Christ Jesus tore-down the partition that divided mankind.
You worry about other people, worry about the gospel truth. You've posted more criticizing others than scripture here and that is the basis for these threads remember?

Study the verses, read it for yourself. And if you are so willing, share what you have learned from the truth while posting the actual verses. Because we also need to verify it. Then we all may benefit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity