Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 02:38 AM

23,288 posts, read 10,594,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Would you please explain how you come up with your conclusion above?

Thanks in advance

Doug

Tradition.
There were seven othonion strips which were taken from one large linen cloth which is called a "sindoni"

There are seven pieces from the one whole sindoni linen cloth which become "seven seals" once the sindoni is torn into othonion strips and the seven strips begin to set together with the drying aromatic spices and myrrhs acting as a coagulant or hardener.

The first seal to break is the neck to foot body wrap.
The second and third seals to be broken are 2 arm seals
The 4th and 5th and two leg seals.
The 6th seal is the neck bandage
The 7th and final seal is the face and head napkin or Tallit prayer shawl.

Besides this, it is telling a story of a cocoon, the poetry being used in Revelation is also showing what happened when Jesus was resurrected. He himself had been rolled up like a scroll and when you see the sky receding like a scroll, When the 6th seal is taken off the body, the sky rolls up like a scroll and this is using the same language as Jesus unwrapping his vestment in that tomb and when you find the tomb, you see the face napkin and the seals. There is too much to go over.

30. "Give us soldiers that we may secure his mnema-memorial upon three days; lest having come his talmidim steal it away and the people accept that he is risen from the dead, and they do us damage."
31. Moreover Pilate delivered unto them Petronius the centurion with soldiers to guard the tafos-memorial-garden. And with them came the Elders and Scribes to the mnema-memorial.
32. And having rolled down a great stone the centurion, the soldiers, and at the same time all of those that were there, placed it upon the door-opening to the mnematos-memorial-sarcophagus.
33. And seven seals were applied: and there pitching tent they watched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 03:06 AM

598 posts, read 360,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Tradition.
There were seven othonion strips which were taken from one large linen cloth which is called a "sindoni"

There are seven pieces from the one whole sindoni linen cloth which become "seven seals" once the sindoni is torn into othonion strips and the seven strips begin to set together with the drying aromatic spices and myrrhs acting as a coagulant or hardener.

The first seal to break is the neck to foot body wrap.
The second and third seals to be broken are 2 arm seals
The 4th and 5th and two leg seals.
The 6th seal is the neck bandage
The 7th and final seal is the face and head napkin or Tallit prayer shawl.

Besides this, it is telling a story of a cocoon, the poetry being used in Revelation is also showing what happened when Jesus was resurrected. He himself had been rolled up like a scroll and when you see the sky receding like a scroll, When the 6th seal is taken off the body, the sky rolls up like a scroll and this is using the same language as Jesus unwrapping his vestment in that tomb and when you find the tomb, you see the face napkin and the seals. There is too much to go over.

30. "Give us soldiers that we may secure his mnema-memorial upon three days; lest having come his talmidim steal it away and the people accept that he is risen from the dead, and they do us damage."
31. Moreover Pilate delivered unto them Petronius the centurion with soldiers to guard the tafos-memorial-garden. And with them came the Elders and Scribes to the mnema-memorial.
32. And having rolled down a great stone the centurion, the soldiers, and at the same time all of those that were there, placed it upon the door-opening to the mnematos-memorial-sarcophagus.
33. And seven seals were applied: and there pitching tent they watched.
It is interesting and I can see some parallels because IMO seals being broken is the unveiling of knowledge. For example, for the "Christ the seed in us" to mature into the fulness of Christ in us requires the seven fold knowledge of the doctrines of Christ listed in Heb.6:1-3 that if apprehended by us, and should God be willing to move us into perfection will move us into the fulness of Christ formed in us. This will be when Christ appears again as the Word made flesh for the second time on earth but in more sons than just one Son who was/is the "Tree of Life and "sower of the seed" that is the Word.

You mentioned earlier you had somethings to share about tabernacles. if you are wiling I would like to take a look at what you have

Old 10-23-2015, 08:30 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,142,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
You need to work on your spelling Mr. Intelligent. So what's the answer, inquiring minds want to know.
Oh...Pick on the spelling not the content of what I say , but the spelling...That is what people who have nothing resort to...

So, what answer are you looking for?...

Old 10-23-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Thank you Hannibal for the explanation as I find Revelations to be a tough book to understand. We need more questions like these by the OP and stop all of this berating of God's word.

BTW , is Rosh Hashanah the Jewish New Year , I know Yom Kippur is Day of Atonement
Well, intelligent people are able to figure out Revelation with ease, I don't understand your problem...

Old 10-23-2015, 11:01 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,967,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well, intelligent people are able to figure out Revelation with ease, I don't understand your problem...
Like you, I am not that intelligent

Old 10-23-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Oh...Pick on the spelling not the content of what I say , but the spelling...That is what people who have nothing resort to...

So, what answer are you looking for?...
What content , Hannibal did all of the explaining, you seemed lost so attacking people is your last resort.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
What content , Hannibal did all of the explaining, you seemed lost so attacking people is your last resort.
Oh, so calling me DICK, is not attacking???...You are such a nice little Christian, aren't you?...

Old 10-23-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Like you, I am not that intelligent
I have no problem understanding Revelation....

Old 10-23-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Oh, so calling me DICK, is not attacking???...You are such a nice little Christian, aren't you?...

Dick is the shortened name for Richard, you're unraveling here anybody with that name knows that.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I have no problem understanding Revelation....
Yea, love all of your wonderful answers Uh! Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity