Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 04:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Was this meant as a serious post?
It was.

He's well known for dropping those bon mots and when pressed for evidence, he throws up some stuff from Creationist sites that "proves" 98% of scientists are stupid and that his god created man from mud and woman from the mud-man's bone.

I am, of course, paraphrasing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 04:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
It becomes the atoms that it is now.

Those same atoms that were stardust at one point. Just after the Big Bang.
Stardust.

Dirt.

Stardust.

Dirt.

I'll go with stardust. Connected to the universe. Awesome.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:02 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
I altered nothing. I asked a question in the middle of the quote, in blue, and then added on to the end, again in blue. You think too much of yourself, and your kindergarten style veiled threats do not impress me.
And to answer your question, yes, I have yet to see where the theory of the process of evolution, where a simple, single cell of protozoa becomes a tadpole that grows up to swing from trees who learns to walk upright and develops opposable thumbs over the course of billyuns and billyuns of years (Carl Sagan pronunciation added for dramatic effect) has been observed, measured, or repeated.

The lack of logic in your statement ( or lack of truth ) can be seen in your first claiming that you altered nothing , then admitting that you added words at the end to change the meaning of what I said. And I could care less about what you think, such acts are the province of lame posters AND is defined as being a troll by CD itself. This is from the guidelines in this forum

Changing others' posts that you have quoted, is not permitted. Do not change others' posts ... EVER. It is trolling and violators will be infracted. If you see it being done please report. Don't reply.

As to your second paragraph, learn what evolution really is rather than your comic book version and you will see . It just requires the education and willingness to do so.

That we are cousins of the apes is genetically proven. The silly caricatures creationists come up with as a substitute for attempting to learn the truth about evolution will not change that any.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:36 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
I altered nothing. I asked a question in the middle of the quote, in blue, and then added on to the end, again in blue. You think too much of yourself, and your kindergarten style veiled threats do not impress me.
And to answer your question, yes, I have yet to see where the theory of the process of evolution, where a simple, single cell of protozoa becomes a tadpole that grows up to swing from trees who learns to walk upright and develops opposable thumbs over the course of billyuns and billyuns of years (Carl Sagan pronunciation added for dramatic effect) has been observed, measured, or repeated.
So, I see you are still studiously avoiding my questions asked way back in Post #52.

You know the ones about:

Geological science. Chemical science. Biological science. Physical Geographic science. Physics science. Environmental science. Geophysics science. Glaciology science. Hydrological science. Meteorology science. Climatology science. Oceanography science. Soil science.

Is there a reason you won't answer? Well? Is there?

Old 10-29-2015, 07:37 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
So, I see you are still studiously avoiding my questions asked way back in Post #52.

You know the ones about:

Geological science. Chemical science. Biological science. Physical Geographic science. Physics science. Environmental science. Geophysics science. Glaciology science. Hydrological science. Meteorology science. Climatology science. Oceanography science. Soil science.

Is there a reason you won't answer? Well? Is there?
All science does is reveal some of the operating parameters that God put in place. The disciplines you mention do not create anything.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:25 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Stardust.

Dirt.

Stardust.

Dirt.

I'll go with stardust. Connected to the universe. Awesome.
I think I posted about this on another thread some time ago, but on the Atlantic Ocean, not far from where I live, is a Catholic order of nuns' retreat house called Stella Maris. The nuns don't wear habits, and they run an organization called Waterspirit that fights for the protection of our oceans.

On the solstices and equinoxes, they hold events. I attended the vernal equinox event two years ago. They passed around a plate with small cut up pieces of fruit (I ended up with a section of orange) and asked us to contemplate it, bringing to mind that this small piece of fruit contained atoms from the Big Bang and how it and all of are connected to everything and one another. The way it was presented and phrased really made you think about that aspect of Creation, and how it is so much more than we even know.

Stella Maris Retreat Center | Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace, New Jersey

Alas, the retreat center will close this year. Sandy caused damage, and the order of nuns is dying out and they cannot afford to maintain the property.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:00 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
All science does is reveal some of the operating parameters that God put in place. The disciplines you mention do not create anything.
Your god of the gaps hypothesize has no backing at all. It's only faith. Go read Hebrews 11:1 what faith does and how irrelevant it is to reality.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:00 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Soooo... the evidence that comes through the sciences I listed in post #52 are what?

What sciences?

These:

Which one of those do you not "believe" in.

BTW, one doesn't believe in science, one DOES or UNDERSTANDS science.
Oh, science is there, but when it moves to Macro Evolution you find the "we think, it is possible, it is likely" etc in the body of the work. Nothing actually proves Evolution, that is just the claim. Kinda the basis for a religion of ... Evolution. Believe and you will be ... right. ORAR (Once Right Always Right) Fundamentalism.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
First off , please refrain from altering my words when you quote them . It is dishonest , is against CD rules and defined as trolling by CD , and competent posters can get their points across without having to change or add words in others posts.

Second, of course the scientific method requires what you ask. Are you one of those that mistakenly believe this hasnt been done with evolution?
Or are you one who believes it has and ... it hasn't.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Was this meant as a serious post?
Yep based on facts of science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity