Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 10:48 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Peacegiver........................................ ............Jesus said to abide in the love he abode in, and in doing so we would be able to do and be all that God desires us to be........ never did he tells us to follow instructions of the words of the bible. This argument too that we wouldn't know the teachings of Jesus without reading it first in the bible is getting to be tedious. if you believe and know Christ is in you, you have the capacity to know that which is of God, for Christ in us is not in us for the ride or teach us the bible but to lead us from within. The only reason I see this being out and out rejected by you fundamentalists is you do not know Christ in you by experience, its just a "it says it in the bible it must be true thing" with you all, and that's it in a nutshell you are more interested in being right about what you believe is truth, rather than proving that truth by experience.
Yes, He said to abide in His love. But to keep His word and abide in His word. So one cannot love without abiding in His word because He said that to abide in His love is to keep the commandments just as He kept His Father's commandments and the commandments were and are the word of God as Jesus said He was commanded to speak the truth, God's word.

"The Father who sent me commanded me what to say"

So the commandments are the word of God.

My brother's and sisters hear the word of God and do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 10:55 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
If you were not a mechanic and most of my conversation centered around technical information and part numbers ,you would be board out of your mind .
The same with many things that are discussed concerning God .
Being alien to you ,spiritual things are irrelevant ,you can't manipulate them.
God is not manipulated .
Believers COOPERATE with God .
Science cannot manipulate the Spirit world especially God .
He is a person, not a thing, nor our invention. nor do those that walk in obedience to Him attempt to force His hand.
But it is not uncommon that those who with out a relationship, do attempt to,on the basis of scriptures, make God respond.
Using scriptures like an incantation though, does not insight God's response, the way one might wish.
God knows those that honestly are looking for him and those only interested in manipulation. If you notice Jesus was not manipulated by men .
His direction, demonstrated to us, came from the Father.
That is what is expected of us.
To the spiritually dead/dormant this is impossible , one can't manufacture it, without God's intervention /healing.
Much the same as a person that is mechanically incompetent ,doesn't know he first thing about the car they dive mechanically, and would do more damage then good, even with wrenches and a manual.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
There is NO evidence whatsoever that the Bible is anymore than work of human beings. If it was anything to do with any deity we should be seriously worried as it is obviously a psycho!
There is proof but one has to seek it. Some refuse to put in the work to find it. Jesus said to follow Him and you would understand what God says.

Seek and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. Knock and the door will open.

"I came down from heaven to do His will not my own. Anyone who chooses to do His will shall know about this teaching, namely, whether it comes from God or I am merely speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."

"If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

Old 11-01-2015, 11:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Yes, He said to abide in His love. But to keep His word and abide in His word. So one cannot love without abiding in His word because He said that to abide in His love is to keep the commandments just as He kept His Father's commandments and the commandments were and are the word of God as Jesus said He was commanded to speak the truth, God's word.

"The Father who sent me commanded me what to say"

So the commandments are the word of God.

My brother's and sisters hear the word of God and do it.
Cart before horse alert.....Mr PG, You cannot keep his word unless you abide in his love .

Old 11-01-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Cart before horse alert.....Mr PG, You cannot keep his word unless you abide in his love .
There is no cart and horse when it comes to the love of God and the word of God.

Read John 17

"I have made known your name to those you gave me and I will make it known so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them."

Continue in the word and you will know it's meaning. Failure to abide in the word and the eye is in darkness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity