Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 08:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Everyone has issues.
Yes, I know. In fact I said that in post #583.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 08:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Everyone has issues.
Yeah. But most folks' are benign.

Fundamentalists, not so much.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
We are not obsessed with sin, but rather redemption, but you can be redeemed without first recognizing you are a sinner.

Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Correct. Would you mock a recovering alcoholic for being obsessed with alcohol? That would be rude and ignorant. He is not obsessed with alcohol, he is striving to improve.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Correct. Would you mock a recovering alcoholic for being obsessed with alcohol? That would be rude and ignorant. He is not obsessed with alcohol, he is striving to improve.
Striving never sets you free from anything, it owns you while you strive to over come it. Read Romans 7.... that is why you call yourself a sinner still rather than what the scriptures states....... I am a new creation......old things have passed away. You are still bound by the old creation.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:02 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Striving never sets you free from anything, it owns you while you strive to over come it. Read Romans 7.... that is why you call yourself a sinner still rather than what the scriptures states....... I am a new creation......old things have passed away. You are still bound by the old creation.
Yes, a recovering sinner.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Recovering sinner set free from the burden of guilt and penalty is sin.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Recovering sinner set free from the burden of guilt and penalty is sin.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Luke 18:11

The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other people--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector (or one of those darn fundamentalists).

Old 11-17-2015, 09:59 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Luke 18:11

The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other people--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector (or one of those darn fundamentalists).

I cannot imagine wasting one minute of time with God speaking about others and their sin.

The Pharisee seems to occupy the thoughts of a fundamentalist ideology. I think they quote what they know and do, while attributing it to others.

The Pharisee, is a fundamentalist ideologue.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:14 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
No, a new creation.... old things have passed EVERYTHING has become new

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he IS(not striving to be) a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new 2 Cor 5:17

Sad to say those of you who are attached to your old man are not in Christ yet. To be in Christ is to be aware of what you have become........ No two ways about it.

God is not dealing with your sin, it was dealt with at the cross ......Romans 8:1 he condemned sin in the flesh. God is dealing with how you see ...... he's not showing you your sin......... he's showing you who you are in Christ and when get this, the sin you struggle with will be no more.

While you who call yourselves sinners are acknowledging sin in yourselves, you are at the same time defeating yourselves.

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual BY the acknowledging of every good thing which is IN YOU in Christ Jesus. Philemon 1:6

Whoever LOOKS intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

Stop looking at the old creation and striving to change it..... rather look at the perfect Law that gives freedom and SEE the change in you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity